Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
6BC67AE3-14CE-4244-8D90-3661541D5087.jpeg 84E97792-AB7D-42BE-89BD-AD2B42376CF5.jpeg Good December 1st everyone! I can’t believe it’s December already. Glad November is over though because it was the coldest on record so far.

We went to our first Christmas market yesterday (see photos above), first time we went to that area north of Montréal. It was a small market but in a lovely setting. I bought a jar of pear and chocolate spread. I make it a point to buy at least 1 item at each market we visit, to support artisans and local shops. Today we’ll go to our own city’s market. Hope we find the apple donuts that we’ve gotten each time we’ve visited, as well as salted caramel, which no one had yesterday at the other market.

And as it’s the first of December, I will start watching 1 Christmas movie or tv special each day (as I attempt to do each year). Planning on fully enjoying the days leading up to Christmas.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all, Happy December 1st!
Where did November go?
I have not been on much recently, but my goal is to be here and post at least once a day for the rest of the month.
We had two Thanksgivings, one at mom's house and one at our house. I was able to see my uncle for the first time in about 8 years so that was nice.
We had my father-in-law over to our house yesterday for the second Thanksgiving. It was happy to get out of the house, but it is hard for him to be comfortable. He recently had surgery on his back to ease some pain, but it is not helping much.
My oldest son, Nathan, did come home from the Army for Thanksgiving. We did not get to spend a ton of time with him because he had a bunch of friends he wanted to see. Still, it was nice we and the rest of the family got to see him. He will not be able to make it home for Christmas, and we had not seen him since Easter.

Friday we cut down our real tree and got it all decorated. It is a nice 11 foot tree and decorated in mostly Santa's or simple red and gold ornaments. We also got our third tree up and decorated on Friday.

Well, I think that about catches everything up. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season so far!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, my Friends.
I hope you are thoroughly enjoying this holiday weekend and are ready to continue the trip on to Christmas!

In that regard, we present the count:
Days to Christmas Day: 24 (Now UNDER 3 1/2 weeks left!)

Chilly again yesterday with some rain.
An even greater chance of precipitation today, but it should be somewhat warmer.
We begin this final day of the Thanksgiving weekend at 50 degrees here, with a light rain falling.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you; I felt pretty rough. Part of it was because I had not eaten since 6:15 a.m. and knew I had to get something into me before I drove all the way home. I grabbed an Aero bar at 2:30 p.m. I have type II diabetes; I didn't have time to eat while I was working.

Not 100% this morning, but certainly functional; the ticking of the clocks aren't bugging me. I grabbed a nap shortly after dinner; just an hour to let the Advil/Tylenol combo and rest work some magic. I was able to enjoy the Polar Express and part of the Purina National Dog Show and intermittent pats with the O'cat.

I'm sure that's why you weren't feeling well then. I didn't know you were diabetic. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Praying you're feeling much today!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy last day in November! This upcoming week will be filled with doctors' appointments and other commitments. Today and tomorrow will be my days of rest.

All my cards are out so I may start addressing some to friends in other states and some older people in my building who live alone.

Praying all your appointments go well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
December 1st? Noooooooo!!!!! I’m so far behind and another busy week is on tap.

I may just have the one tree this year instead of 3. There’s snow and rain in the forecast today so it looks like the outdoor decorations will have to wait for a few more days. Today is my grandma’s birthday though, so I need to run in and put the wreaths on her and my grandpa’s graves. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Morning .. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We did, also got a lot of shopping done in the past few days. We are about 90% done shopping. Have a few more gifts to order and the gift cards to buy. All the outside decorations are done and most of the inside is done. Will finish that today and if I have time maybe I will bake a batch of cookies tonight. Need to start wrapping gifts soon as I want to be done wrapping by Dec 20th. Hope everyone has a great day.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I found out our local AC Moore is closing up, the only craft store with a 1 hour drive of us. That place is like a old standby.. Halloween/Fall items are out in July, by August you can start seeing some Christmas sprinkled around. I still have the Hallmark store for a quick fix I suppose. Sad..

Will yours be turning in to a Michael's? They say some will be. I doubt ours will, since we already have a Michael's here. Hopefully yours will, since you don't have anything else there.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all, Happy December 1st!
Where did November go?
I have not been on much recently, but my goal is to be here and post at least once a day for the rest of the month.
We had two Thanksgivings, one at mom's house and one at our house. I was able to see my uncle for the first time in about 8 years so that was nice.
We had my father-in-law over to our house yesterday for the second Thanksgiving. It was happy to get out of the house, but it is hard for him to be comfortable. He recently had surgery on his back to ease some pain, but it is not helping much.
My oldest son, Nathan, did come home from the Army for Thanksgiving. We did not get to spend a ton of time with him because he had a bunch of friends he wanted to see. Still, it was nice we and the rest of the family got to see him. He will not be able to make it home for Christmas, and we had not seen him since Easter.

Friday we cut down our real tree and got it all decorated. It is a nice 11 foot tree and decorated in mostly Santa's or simple red and gold ornaments. We also got our third tree up and decorated on Friday.

Well, I think that about catches everything up. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season so far!

Glad you were able to see and catch up with family, as well as your son getting to be home! Thank you for his service! Continued prayers for you and your family, ITP.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
December 1st? Noooooooo!!!!! I’m so far behind and another busy week is on tap.

I may just have the one tree this year instead of 3. There’s snow and rain in the forecast today so it looks like the outdoor decorations will have to wait for a few more days. Today is my grandma’s birthday though, so I need to run in and put the wreaths on her and my grandpa’s graves. I hope everyone has a great day!!

That's very thoughtful of you, Made. Happy heavenly birthday to her.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Will yours be turning in to a Michael's? They say some will be. I doubt ours will, since we already have a Michael's here. Hopefully yours will, since you don't have anything else there.
From what I read it depends on Michaels deciding and the leases for buildings. Its kinda crazy because AC Moore has only had online sales for like 1 year and their website before that was absolutely terrible..just crafting ideas and the weekly flier. Our local store said they took a huge loss when they got involved in that crafting channel from the U.K.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon, MMC and Happy Blessed Sunday! Can't believe it's December 1st! It's the last of the 'bers and the month we've been counting down to all year. Don't be sad my friends. We still have 24 beautiful days and the big day as well! Lots of Christmas music, movies, baking, family time, and most of all, remembering Jesus is the reason!

Today I'm watching various Christmas specials and movies. Right now I'm watching AMC. They have the Rankin/Bass classics on. We have the rain/freezing rain mixture going on. Wish it was cold enough to be snow. Hope all is well with you all and you're enjoying the weekend! As for you all who are in the path of the winter storm, I pray that you stay safe!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
From what I read it depends on Michaels deciding and the leases for buildings. Its kinda crazy because AC Moore has only had online sales for like 1 year and their website before that was absolutely terrible..just crafting ideas and the weekly flier. Our local store said they took a huge loss when they got involved in that crafting channel from the U.K.

That's a huge bummer. I really love A.C. Moore myself. I'm going to have to go and check ours and see if they have any bigger sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image