Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Enjoying some BBQ chicken and rice before we leave for the Shispering Pines.

O'Malley is thumping his tail impatiently.
Carl is waiting for him. And I think he has an outfit he wants him to wear.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Just got back from the doctor and I have bronchitis. I had pneumonia back in May and they are afraid this will turn into pneumonia again due to my other health issues so I was given antibiotics and ordered to rest in bed the next few days. Trouble is, my husband and I had tickets for really good seats for a Circue de Soleil Christmas show tonight. I ended up giving them to my brother's girlfriend so she can take our 8 year old niece. I'm glad she will get to go but I was really looking forward to a night out!! But, my husband pointed out that me sitting close to all those people is not a good idea, and sadly he is right! I hate that he can't go now because of me but he is very good about stuff like this! And I keep telling myself, 3 days in bed with bronchitis beats 2 weeks in bed with pneumonia right before Christmas so I guess I will choose the lesser of two evils! And, I will hold on to the fact that my niece may really enjoy the show tonight and that makes me happy! Think I will make grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner; if I am stuck in bed I might as well eat warm comforting food! Hope everyone has a safe and happy day!

So sorry you're going to miss Circue. I bet your niece will love it and consider it one of her best Christmas presents. That comfort food sounds pretty good to me. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
That doesn't sound very merry; take the advice and let yourself heal up so it doesn't get worse.

It's disappointing you can't go to the concert, but you can still come to the Pines; we'll make an oxygen tent for you.

Well that made me laugh and I needed that! I will see you all there tonight, with my stylish oxygen tent!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Terrific Thursday - especially if you were at the Pines last night.

Yes, Binger; it was me. I thought the pumpkin spice Bailey's would go over well with the merry crowd.

I don't know how Carl got O'Malley to dress up like a merry Garfield, I can't get a wee Santa hat on him.

Poor Mal; he was so tuckered, I found him curled up under the decorated tree when it was time to go home.

The White Christmas musical and sing-a-long were very festive.

It's hard to believe we really only have two jolly gatherings to go; unless we ditch our families and join up on Christmas night.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy 20 Days Till Christmas MMC! I feel like it's almost the "12 days of Christmas" and it's coming soon. This month is definitely going to fly too fast. Maybe it will fly as fast as Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve. Another crazy busy fast day at work yesterday. And I'm sure today will be no different. Have a great 20 Days Till Christmas Friday Eve!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Just got back from the doctor and I have bronchitis. I had pneumonia back in May and they are afraid this will turn into pneumonia again due to my other health issues so I was given antibiotics and ordered to rest in bed the next few days. Trouble is, my husband and I had tickets for really good seats for a Circue de Soleil Christmas show tonight. I ended up giving them to my brother's girlfriend so she can take our 8 year old niece. I'm glad she will get to go but I was really looking forward to a night out!! But, my husband pointed out that me sitting close to all those people is not a good idea, and sadly he is right! I hate that he can't go now because of me but he is very good about stuff like this! And I keep telling myself, 3 days in bed with bronchitis beats 2 weeks in bed with pneumonia right before Christmas so I guess I will choose the lesser of two evils! And, I will hold on to the fact that my niece may really enjoy the show tonight and that makes me happy! Think I will make grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner; if I am stuck in bed I might as well eat warm comforting food! Hope everyone has a safe and happy day!

I’m sorry you missed the show sugarmuffin, I hope you get well very soon.
xx

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! Fell asleep late when I got home from work last night so I am running low on sleep this a.m. I have an appointment at the hairdresser’s first thing this morning and then I will go grocery shopping and try and find a few Christmas gifts on my list. The plan for later today is to try a couple of new recipes for my Christmas treat boxes while listening to Christmas music. I’m sure a nap will happen at some point. Enjoy your day everyone!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I hope you feel better soon my friend!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
It's hard to believe we really only have two jolly gatherings to go; unless we ditch our families and join up on Christmas night.
Since Christmas day falls on a Wednesday, the 'Pines will be closes such that the staff can enjoy the holiday with their families. He may have something planned for Christmas eve, though!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks!
We are over the hump and headed for the first full weekend in December.
Christmas is right around the corner, Guys. As today's count will indicate.

Days to Christmas Day: 20 (Now UNDER three weeks left!)
(Closing in!)

Glad I got my leaf removal work done on Tuesday, as the west wind was back again yesterday, which would have been a problem. (I want things looking nice for as much of the Christmas season as possible!)
Today should be sunny and calm with highs in the mid 50's again.
We stand at 36 chilly but sunny degrees here in the capital city at this hour.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Friends.
And get ready for the first Weekend Eve of December, tomorrow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks!
We are over the hump and headed for the first full weekend in December.
Christmas is right around the corner, Guys. As today's count will indicate.

Days to Christmas Day: 20 (Now UNDER three weeks left!)
(Closing in!)

Glad I got my leaf removal work done on Tuesday, as the west wind was back again yesterday, which would have been a problem. (I want things looking nice for as much of the Christmas season as possible!)
Today should be sunny and calm with highs in the mid 50's again.
We stand at 36 chilly but sunny degrees here in the capital city at this hour.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Friends.
And get ready for the first Weekend Eve of December, tomorrow!
Thanks Crown! Happy 20 Days Till Christmas!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Hope you are feeling well soon, sugarmuffin! I'm bummed for you, that you can't use the tickets, but am glad that you're also looking at the bright side as well and were able to share them with your family.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning MMC ~
It’s going to be sunny but a bit chilly today, we’ll have a high of 42. Typical day of errands and chores. I also plan on doing some Christmas shopping and visiting my parents as well. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx

Enjoy your visit with your parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors