Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I will look forward to filling in those milestones on my 2021 calendar!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 161 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 136 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 75 DAYS

Happy Waning Spring! Spring is winding down these next couple of days. Today is Thursday though. Let's get right to business. 161 days are left till Thanksgiving. 136 days are left till November. 75 days are left till The Bers. That's the 3 counts we look at. Friday (that would be tomorrow) we reach the milestone of bidding farewell to spring. Saturday (that's the next day) we reach the milestone of welcoming in summer. Today? We have a weekly count to Thanksgiving like we do every Thursday. That count is currently at 23 weeks. And now it's my turn to give you a poll like I do every other Thursday. Today's poll is concerning Thanksgiving Weather.
Which type of conditions would you choose as a forecast for your Thanksgiving 2020 Weather if you had a choice from the following:
A.) Cold and Snowy
B.) Chilly and Rainy
C.) Chilly and Sunny
D.) Mild and Sunny

I'm going with C (Chilly and Sunny). I don't want it to be TOO cold so I can't pick A and as much as I want a white Christmas I do not want a white Thanksgiving. I do not like rainy days so B is out. And I don't want it to feel like spring so I don't want choice D. That leaves me with C. What about you? Let us know. Have a great day. Have a great Waning Spring!​

Reactions: DecemberisComing

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I would love C too...perfect fall day and it just makes it feel like the holidays are here!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I'm voting for C too, I love how bright the sun is in fall but that it doesn't make me roast!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
C for me, too. Where I live it usually stays pretty warm until December. Every once in awhile, we have a cold front on the week of Thanksgiving. I just don't want rain. Sunny and anything but rain.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 160 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 135 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 74 DAYS

Happy Farewell to Spring! Finally the heat and humidity are starting to build in the area. No complaints. We had such a great stretch of weather for the last few weeks leading into summer. And actually the sun is out still so it's still nice out there. What else is nice? The following countdowns are: 160 days till Thanksgiving, 135 days till November and 74 days till The Bers. Oh did I forget to mention something? Today is a milestone!!! Yes, today we say farewell to spring. That's right. The 2nd season since Autumn is ending down. Only 1 season to go stands in the way between us and Autumn. How awesome is that? That's what we wait for all year. And it's going to be a fun ride. Tomorrow we welcome in summer with a back to back milestone coming up your way. And then we head towards the 26th for the 7th time 1 week from today next Friday. All that and more coming your way. But let's just have a great Friday and celebrate the summer weekend ahead. Have a great Farewell to Spring!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 159 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 134 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 73 DAYS

Happy Welcome to Summer! It's here. Today summer arrives. And that is our MILESTONE for this Saturday. Awesome. The 3rd (and final) season since Autumn begins today. And it leads us back to AUTUMN again. Look at these counts with summer excitement. 159 days left till Thanksgiving, 134 days left till November and 73 days left till The Bers. 3 counts all going ahead in their rightful direction. That's how they do it right. They don't mess around. They just move one way and that is forward/downward. That's the right direction for us. The sun is out shining. It's warm and humid. It may be hot by this afternoon. But it's summer. And these are the days that (eventually) will make us wish for The Bers and Autumn. That's why we love them. Our next milestone happens on Friday with our 7th "26th" of our count. That will be exciting as well. Ok it's time for Saturday and the weekend. Make it a great one. Have a great Welcome to Summer!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 158 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 133 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 72 DAYS

Happy Summer Weekend! It's definitely summer now and it definitely feels like it. But luckily I have a/c. Who invented it? That's not a trivia question it's an actual real question. We have 158 days left till Thanksgiving. We have 133 days remaining until November. We have 72 days to go until The Bers. And all 3 counts look good here in (very early) summer. Our next milestone arrives on Friday as we reach our 7th "26th". That should be exciting for sure. It feels like June has rolled forward quicker than the last few months for some reason. But still overall we're on a good day to day enjoyment of June here. Loving it and not rushing it one bit. No signs of turkeys yet. No signs of The Bers yet. But maybe I need to go into a few stores. I've been mostly going to supermarkets the last few months. Although even there you know they start putting up the next "time of year" aka holiday season eventually too. I'll check out the turkey section every time I go there. Have a great Summer Weekend!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It is hard to believe we are approaching our 7th 26th, it almost seems too fast to me today so you are right, I am going to enjoy the beautiful June Day and celebrate Father's Day.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017

Happy Waning Spring! Spring is winding down these next couple of days. Today is Thursday though. Let's get right to business. 161 days are left till Thanksgiving. 136 days are left till November. 75 days are left till The Bers. That's the 3 counts we look at. Friday (that would be tomorrow) we reach the milestone of bidding farewell to spring. Saturday (that's the next day) we reach the milestone of welcoming in summer. Today? We have a weekly count to Thanksgiving like we do every Thursday. That count is currently at 23 weeks. And now it's my turn to give you a poll like I do every other Thursday. Today's poll is concerning Thanksgiving Weather.
Which type of conditions would you choose as a forecast for your Thanksgiving 2020 Weather if you had a choice from the following:
A.) Cold and Snowy
B.) Chilly and Rainy
C.) Chilly and Sunny
D.) Mild and Sunny

I'm going with C (Chilly and Sunny). I don't want it to be TOO cold so I can't pick A and as much as I want a white Christmas I do not want a white Thanksgiving. I do not like rainy days so B is out. And I don't want it to feel like spring so I don't want choice D. That leaves me with C. What about you? Let us know. Have a great day. Have a great Waning Spring!​

I take snow on Thanksgiving or Christmas every time. If not A, then I would love C.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

A.) Cold and Snowy
B.) Chilly and Rainy
C.) Chilly and Sunny
D.) Mild and Sunny

I choose A. Just because we hardly ever get snow. And never in November.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 157 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 132 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 71 DAYS

Happy Summer Week! It's hot and humid today. Isn't that what it should be this time of year though? That's how the weather is here in late June. And this is how the counts are in this thread in late June: 157 to Thanksgiving, 132 to November and 71 to The Bers. Yikes do you realize that 10 weeks from tomorrow is September 1? That's why I try to treasure the summer because it always feels like we're not crazily far away from The Bers. And on Friday we'll celebrate our 7th "26th" which is indeed hard to believe. It seems like not long ago we were celebrating the 1st one. It's a summer week. Take in the heat and humidity because I know eventually we will all grow tired of it and wish for Autumn and the cooler breezes ahead. But no rush in getting there. We're in the sweet spot of the year. We're in summer time with everything ahead of us still. That's the way I like it. Treasure each day because they don't come back. Have a great Summer Week!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
10 weeks until September is an eye-opener! Equally exciting and scary!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 156 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 131 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 70 DAYS

Happy Late June! The heat and humidity have really settled in quickly into our area after a very long beautiful and comfortable stretch in late spring. That's ok though because it's SUMMER. I don't mind sweating some as long as my a/c is working when I need it to lol. And these 3 counts are always working 365 (366 this year) days a year. They are 156 days until Thanksgiving, 131 days until November, and 70 days till The Bers. 10 weeks from today is The Bers. It will still be summer at that point BUT to me this a big eye opening day today knowing we've got 10 weeks left of the YEAR without The Bers. Better enjoy each day of these summer days as much as we possibly can. And that's always a plus when you take one day at a time and just do the best you can in that day. This lady at work is so amazing with her attitude and I've learned a lot from her over the years about how to enjoy each day and live in the moment. Have a great Late June!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am definitely enjoying these warm days!!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image