Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 2

Happy Turkey Tuesday! Today we look at our count and see it has dwindled to 2 days until Thanksgiving. That would be our next milestone by the way (Thanksgiving of course) and it is the day after tomorrow. I mean I’m not really sure what else I can say at this point. But this is always an interesting day as I feel from Monday heading to Tuesday the excitement really picks up by another 50%. I don’t want to talk about tomorrow yet but you know that is one of my favorite days of the year. But that’s why I just want to enjoy today. I really feel excited and happy about where we are folks. I know it’s gone fast but hey if you get the most enjoyment that you can out of this week then you won’t regret it. And that’s why today I look forward to seeing and feeling the excitement build that I felt starting this past weekend and continuing into Monday. If you’re traveling be safe or if you have others traveling to you. Either way I know you’re all tasting the turkey now. I am. I really am craving that most amazing meal now only 2 days away. The turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, biscuits, potatoes and more. We could go on. But let’s focus on today and try to enjoy it and the excitement leading up to it. Have a great Turkey Tuesday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Turkey Twosday!!!
Just two more days!

thumbs_up_thurkey.png

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I gave a few Happy Thanksgivings today to people I won't see tomorrow. Felt so good! I love saying it. Tomorrow is my "favorite work day of the year". I always bring in breakfast on Thanksgiving Eve. And the tradition is going to continue. Last year everyone was home working because of Covid yet they came in just to have breakfast like our tradition on the day before Thanksgiving. Gotta love when the tradition comes out in people!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am off work tomorrow so I got to give out some "Happy Thanksgivings" today too. It felt great. Tomorrow the prep work begins!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Well its almost time...not sure if I am more happy or sad because I know that soon it will be over with for another year. I have a few hours work tomorrow in the garage to get some cars out and I am all done work till Friday.
Let's enjoy it CW! Be happy about it. And don't work too much today. Then just sit back and take in the feeling of it being Thanksgiving Eve!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 1

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Today folks is a very special day. Look at our countdown. It has 1 day remaining until Thanksgiving which is our next (final) milestone and ultimate destination. Today to many of us is known as “Thanksgiving Eve”. Most normal people don’t call it that but we do. It’s the most underrated day of the year. The feeling today to me is not very different from Christmas Eve it’s just that Thanksgiving Eve doesn’t have a fancy name for it. And maybe people don’t do as much today as special as they do on Christmas Eve. But the feeling in the air is very similar. It’s an amazing time to be here folks in this thread. I will be here later today posting again. Thanksgiving Eve deserves it. I’m bringing in breakfast to work per my Thanksgiving Eve tradition which I started many years ago. It just makes me happy to be here. I think about this morning all year long. It really is one of my favorites and one of the most underrated ones of the year. I hope you’re all happy. I hope you’re all feeling great. Today is a very special day. Our countdown is down to its final day before THE DAY is here. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Hey @Edge612, I hate to ask this question, and If you've already answered it in a few pages back, I apologize for asking again, but when does the "NEW" Thanksgiving Thread come out?

I follow all of these threads, so I probably won't miss when the "new" one goes live, but there is just that teeny tiny part of my brain wondering about the 2022 Countdown! Sorry for going there!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
How is it Wednesday already? I feel like it was just Sunday night, and now it is time to enjoy the prep. My great-niece is coming out to help me out uo my Christmas village and other decor so even if it flies by I will have enjoyed it. I hope you all do the same. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
What a great week this is. I get the early week to build the excitement followed by what i call the 2 day holiday. And thats not even the end. You can throw in Thanksgiving weekend for officially kicking off into full blown Christmas season. I am just going to take it all in and really enjoy the festivities of today and tomorrow though.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Well, through a weird turn of events, suddenly we are down to just the one Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Friday. Long story, but there were some last minute family "disagreements" involving a cousin on my wife's side that dissolved the whole plan to meet at her grandmother's house for our usual Thursday dinner. So we will still have a Thanksgiving dinner, but it will be a day later.

Thanksgiving is still coming, with or without the dinner on Thursday, but now I'm kind of wondering what to do with myself tomorrow. It'll be like Thanksgiving Eve all over again, except that the parade and football will be on.

On the upside, we're watching "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" tonight, still having pizza for dinner, and after work today I'm on vacation through all of next week!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image