MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 74
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 134
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 163
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 317
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 347

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Friday! At long last its the weekend.

And a special one at that, as we are finally at THE WEEKEND BEFORE THANKSGIVING!

I'm excited to think that on Sunday we will begin the process of thawing the turkey! Turkey day is finally almost here!

Have a great day, friends!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am still feeling under the weather and have taken the day off and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I am going to make a grocery pick up order for today and then will have another on Tuesday when I pick up my Heat and Eat Thanksgiving Dinner, but I am so ready for the weekend and am going to enjoy it as much as I can.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Another week is coming to a close as we end up another week closer to Halloween 2023.
christmas_pumpkin_176_01.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 73
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 133
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 162
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 316
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 346

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

I'm excited for the weekend! I am going to a "Kris Kringle" Holiday market this morning, two towns away. I haven't been since 2019. We also finally got a second car seat for the back seat of our truck, so finally Mom and Baby can accompany me to the dump. Holly used to really like going, she hasn't been now in about 7 weeks, I stopped taking her the week before her delivery because I was afraid that the horrible bumpy road would put her into early labor!

And then it's just Thanksgiving prep. Tomorrow we start getting our turkey thawing and ready. And it's just so exciting! Let's take a quick look at the counts this morning, and get excited to see that early next week we will dip down into the 150's on the way to Halfoween, down into the 120's on the way to Spooky Spring, and we will see our first JOL Day count in the 60's! The bonus months are making us almost cruise now!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! We are here at a big weekend. It's not Halloweekend but it is the weekend before Thanksgiving. A big one and reminds me a bit of our Halloween weekend. Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
This weekend has a special feel, it is a regular weekend and yet it isn't. The weather is making me want to do nothing but stay inside and rest, and prepare for the big week ahead!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 72
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 132
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 161
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 315
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 345

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

Today, the Great Turkey Thaw begins! We have a 27 pound bird that will take up residence in a cooler on the back porch, for the next few days. It's going to be a merry time.

Frigid temps have moved in here now and it doesn't feel like The Bers anymore. I get more of a post-Thanksgiving, early December vibe. Especially since they are talking about maybe a snow storm late next week!

Have a great Sunday, folks. Maybe today try and let some thoughts of Turkey Day replace those Halloween thoughts and memories we are holding on to!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am still seeing a few lingering Halloween things. One house still has one of those huge skeletons up. I am wondering if they have left it up so they can make it into some type of Christmas display.

It continues to be late December or January weather here. It was 18 degrees at 6:00 a.m. It is now pushing 10:00 and it is a "balmy" 25 F. We may climb to above freezing today. We'll see.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
And it's just so exciting! Let's take a quick look at the counts this morning, and get excited to see that early next week we will dip down into the 150's on the way to Halfoween, down into the 120's on the way to Spooky Spring, and we will see our first JOL Day count in the 60's! The bonus months are making us almost cruise now!
Come January the anxiety level will definitely increase for Halfoween, Spooky Spring, and each of the JOL days. Right now it's smooth sailing because of the pending holidays.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 71
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 131
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 160
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 314
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 344

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 45
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 49

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Monday again. The Great Turkey Thaw has began!

Looking at our counts real quick this morning, I am happy to see that we are "finally" out of the 50's count on "weeks to halloween". Anything in the 50's is obviously a huge amount of time, so to see the 50's count gone until the Halloween 2024 countdown is pretty snazzy.

We will enter into the 150's TOMORROW on our "Days to Halfoween!”

Have a great day, and save some mental space for thoughts of Turkey Day, which is now rapidly approaching at warp speed!

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 71
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 131
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 160
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 314
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 344

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 45
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 49

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Monday again. The Great Turkey Thaw has began!

Looking at our counts real quick this morning, I am happy to see that we are "finally" out of the 50's count on "weeks to halloween". Anything in the 50's is obviously a huge amount of time, so to see the 50's count gone until the Halloween 2024 countdown is pretty snazzy.

We will enter into the 150's TOMORROW on our "Days to Spooky Spring" !

Have a great day, and save some mental space for thoughts of Turkey Day, which is now rapidly approaching at warp speed!
The Bonus Months are doing their job. By the time we get to January and start missing our beloved holidays, the first JOL Day and Spooky Spring will be right around the corner. And heck, even the "Weeks to October" count will already have dipped into the 30s!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The Bonus Months are doing their job. By the time we get to January and start missing our beloved holidays, the first JOL Day and Spooky Spring will be right around the corner. And heck, even the "Weeks to October" count will already have dipped into the 30s!
That's what makes this thread so great. As soon as the PCBs come knocking, we can kick them to the curb with the counts here already getting low and us getting excited.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am still feeling under the weather and have taken the day off and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I am going to make a grocery pick up order for today and then will have another on Tuesday when I pick up my Heat and Eat Thanksgiving Dinner, but I am so ready for the weekend and am going to enjoy it as much as I can.
I hope the doctor can give your something to help. This has been lingering on way too long! Please continue to take care of yourself.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 70
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 130
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 159
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 313
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 343

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Tuesday!

I am just so excited now that tomorrow is Thanksgiving Eve. I think the older I get, the more I enjoy, "the little things". Last night we got out our turkey roasting pan, and it was just so exciting doing it.

Of course my mind goes to Fall and Halloween Season, and I remember how it feels the first time you have a cooler day after the Sweatfest, or that first night where it gets back down into the 50's and 60's again. It's just the little things. One of the things I want to try and do as we begin 2023 and go farther in our journey back, is to take time to acknowledge and appreciate the little things.

We're in the 150's now on our way to Halfoween, and tomorrow, we will enter into the 120's towards Spooky Spring, and down in the 60's! to our first JOL Day of 2023!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I was just noticing yesterday how fast the sunsets actually change once Halloween is over. In October we get the beautiful orange and purple Bers sunsets that are really deep in color, but since the time change we haven't seen a lot of those anymore. Now the sunsets look a bit more "wintery," with a more muted orange and some bluish hues rather than purple.

October sunsets will always be my favorite when it comes to the Bers.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 70
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 130
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 159
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 313
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 343

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Tuesday!

I am just so excited now that tomorrow is Thanksgiving Eve. I think the older I get, the more I enjoy, "the little things". Last night we got out our turkey roasting pan, and it was just so exciting doing it.

Of course my mind goes to Fall and Halloween Season, and I remember how it feels the first time you have a cooler day after the Sweatfest, or that first night where it gets back down into the 50's and 60's again. It's just the little things. One of the things I want to try and do as we begin 2023 and go farther in our journey back, is to take time to acknowledge and appreciate the little things.

We're in the 150's now on our way to Halfoween, and tomorrow, we will enter into the 120's towards Spooky Spring, and down in the 60's! to our first JOL Day of 2023!

Being thankful for the little things always brightens my life.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image