Christmas Countdown - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Only Auntie would wrap the cat's present in the bathroom.....

YABBA

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
good morning...will do the last grocery shopping for this year....and i will buy a tiny amount of fire crackers for tomorrow...for the kids

brittd19

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Oct 20, 2009
Canada
congrats seawaters for the 1000 posts!!!cheesy

brittd19

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Oct 20, 2009
Canada
I think the Longest my Family has left the christmas tree up was middle of January... But me & my mother want to keep it up all year this year... Highly doubt it will happen though

As for decorations, some of our outside lights are left on the house all year, but aren't turned on...cheesy

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
mine is coming down.. starting tomorrow...

YABBA~~

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
where is Jayish?

YABBA

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have another question. What is the latest that you have kept up ANY Christmas decoration or Christmas "thing"?

I leave a few special items up all year, a few in the bedroom (misletoe year round - haha 'nuff said) and I have a Christmas shelf in one of our hutches not including the Christmas books, DVD's and music that are left out all year.

This year, I managed to keep my Christmas hand towels up for ONE WHOLE YEAR!!!!!

Me too, although I mainly put them out around the 24th of each month. My husband noticed, but didn't mind.

I have to admit: I have a gorgeous artificial tree that I kept up until March one year!

Got you beat on the tree. :tree: I left my artificial tree up the year before I joined Christmas.com, it was nearly Easter by the time I took it down and put it away.

I laughed out loud when I read this!!! Our cat is too skittish for a wrapped present!

O'Malley lovvvvvvvvvvvvves paper. Our place is a bit tacky, we set up two gift bags by the balcony windows so he can rest there and wait for birds to visit our feeders.

For Christmas, he got a crinkle bag, I didn't give it to him until yesterday because I wanted to give him a chance to enjoy his new crinkle mouse toy first.

I have to laugh at the things we do to make this cat happy and then wonder why he feels like he rules the roost. :cry:

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Hey everyone!

Man, everyone around here found out I was off of work this week, and they all want me to help them do stuff.

I gotta go back to work just to get some rest! cheesy

LOL!!!! Man you must have been very busy indeed!!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Please send Heather my way!!!

My dad played along when he opened his gift and saw it was Mickey's Christmas Carol on DVD - he also received the Alistair Sim version on DVD (had it a few years back from me on VHS). He said, "You know I felt like someone was spying on me back in those days when I used to watch Mickey and Alistair. If we leave the stockings on the doorstep, do you think Pretend Heather will fill them again next year?"

Trust me, I'm not totally whacked, just couldn't think of another way to buy what I wanted without including the others, plus my husband said I was over-spending so I was able to blame some of it on Pretend Heather. HaHa.

:snowball: Congratulations on joining the 1,000 post club!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
where is Jayish?

YABBA

Thought for sure he said something about the coffee taster challenge at the Shispering Pines :tree: Didn't you get the memo?

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning everyone.....it's still cold here not nearly as windy today.....hubby and I got home from work around the same time last night. Pulled into the drive way and noticed the trash can lids but NO trash cans. Trash day for us was yesterday and it was very windy! Hubby and I walked down the street checking out our neighbors yards but no luck in finding them. Gotta go out and buy new ones now.....off all things to lose....trash cans! LOL!

Well today is my last day of work this week...off for 4 days... Planning on taking down the Christmas stuff this weekend.

Have a nice day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
To keep Christmas and its decorations special, we always take our tree down on New Year's day or as soon as practical afterwards. (Never before New Years.)
Sometimes we have left our front door wreath up until Jan 5 (the 12th day of Christmas).

Good Morning, Friends.

Sad to know that Christmas Season 2009 will soon be over (today is day # 48 out of 50) as will the chance to post on this thread.
Your input has ballooned the count beyond my wildest expectation.
(On the negative side, we now have a ponderous job ahead of us to better the total next year!)

Cold here. Soon to get colder.
Temps in the teens are still predicted by the weekend.
Rain possible tonight and tomorrow.
Currently, we stand at 28 under cloudy skies. At least there is no wind.

OK, last mid-week visit to the 'Pines for '09!
Carl has a big blow-out planned for New Years.
(He has created some sort of champagne/coffee blend that sounds like no one but Binger would touch, let alone drink.)
Anyway, there will be Mauradio Sugar Cookies, Fired Twinkies and all the remaining Christmas eggnog you can drink for those with more discriminating tastes.
Holiday and I hope to see everyone there!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Dear Friends!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Congrulations Seawaters on your 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Today I have to finish my laundry and start getting ready for my new years eve party. I need to run to the grocery store and pick up some snack stuff. I don't make anything big for the party it is just some snack stuff set out for everyone to eat while we all talk and enjoy the night. They are calling for snow to come in this afternoon through tomorrow morning and then the cold air. High this weekend of 15. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Sad to know that Christmas Season 2009 will soon be over (today is day # 48 out of 50) as will the chance to post on this thread.

It is hard to belive that it was 48 days ago that we all came together here to welcome the season. The season has been a good one but a fast one.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I have another question. What is the latest that you have kept up ANY Christmas decoration or Christmas "thing"?

I leave one of my santas out all year long on my bookshelf.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
… and thank you, AuntieMistletoeDear, for making and sending me the custom signature illustration seen below.

I don't see a sig. LOL!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, my Chirstmas friends!

I had to finally put up an electric fence to keep my crazy beagle in my yard. The neighbors were getting restless because he chaes their cats and steals their shoes. I don't see the problem, but whatever. j/k cheesy

We are planning on an oyster roast for New Years Eve at my in-laws. I LOVE roasted (but mostly raw) oysters. Just warm them up a little and crack the shell open. Mmm, mmm!

I found some discount Christmas decorations at Wal-Mart Saturday. Yippee!

I hope you all have a great day! cheesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image