Valentine's Day Appreciation Thread

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
Sorry, guys, I don't want to derail the least favorite holiday thread with my heartfelt defense of Valentine's Day! I love the maligned holiday: it was the day my husband asked me out, and later on the day that he proposed to me. Here we are, going on ten years later, even despite the inauspicious first date chaperoned by my uncle (who fell asleep during the movie, alerting the whole theater with his snores)!

Does anyone have something special planned?

I'm thinking of surprising my husband with a double feature of family friendly romantic movies like "Penelope" and a drive in inspired dinner of cheeseburgers, fries, soda and a hot fudge sundae. It'll be ten years since he asked me on our first date, so it only seems appropriate (although I wouldn't suggest the movie we saw then, it really wasn't a good family movie).

Reactions: 1 person

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
I like the holiday too :) I took some photos of him and the kids and had them printed up into 12x18 prints and framed as well as a 16x24 made into canvas and a couple other goodies... Im excited to give them to him for V-day.Hope you enjoy your day with your husband :) We are going on a day trip also to an antique store and lunch...
Here are the photos took and had framed.

This one is the canvas

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
JanaBanana, Those are gorgeous! Do you do portraits professionally? Also, I've been using ArtsCow.com for my prints, do you have any particular spot where you get yours?

Wen, I hadn't thought about combining them, but we were going to get our dessert from our Taiwanese baker, so I may get some of the more savory treats and have a "children's Valentine's" brunch. My oldest has a little Chinese suit her grandparents got her from EPCOT, so that'd be a nice touch as well.

JanaBanana

MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Thank you!!! I hope to go pro one day! :) I really like WHCC for my prints.. I havent heard of ArtsCow.com?

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Congratulations on 10 years of marriage! cheesy

We will be in church Valentines morning then I do have to work a for a few hours afterward. We will probably go to dinner that night.

Jana, I LOVE the pictures!!!

Murphman

Santa Beagle
MMC Lifer
Jun 16, 2009
NC
Great pics as usual Jana. You should consider offering your services to potential customers.

JanaBanana

MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Great pics as usual Jana. You should consider offering your services to potential customers.

I hope to one day :) I actually did a friends family Christmas card... and thank you :rudolph:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image