Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Valentine's Day Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Valentine's Day' started by Sapsorrow, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Sapsorrow

Sapsorrow Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Sorry, guys, I don't want to derail the least favorite holiday thread with my heartfelt defense of Valentine's Day! I love the maligned holiday: it was the day my husband asked me out, and later on the day that he proposed to me. Here we are, going on ten years later, even despite the inauspicious first date chaperoned by my uncle (who fell asleep during the movie, alerting the whole theater with his snores)!

Does anyone have something special planned?

I'm thinking of surprising my husband with a double feature of family friendly romantic movies like "Penelope" and a drive in inspired dinner of cheeseburgers, fries, soda and a hot fudge sundae. It'll be ten years since he asked me on our first date, so it only seems appropriate (although I wouldn't suggest the movie we saw then, it really wasn't a good family movie).

1 person likes this.
  2. JanaBanana

JanaBanana *The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, MMC Emeritus Member

I like the holiday too :) I took some photos of him and the kids and had them printed up into 12x18 prints and framed as well as a 16x24 made into canvas and a couple other goodies... Im excited to give them to him for V-day.Hope you enjoy your day with your husband :) We are going on a day trip also to an antique store and lunch...
    Here are the photos took and had framed.

This one is the canvas
    [​IMG]

3. JanaBanana

And these 3 are the framed 12x18... :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JanaBanana

[​IMG]

5. Sapsorrow

Sapsorrow Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

JanaBanana, Those are gorgeous! Do you do portraits professionally? Also, I've been using ArtsCow.com for my prints, do you have any particular spot where you get yours?

Wen, I hadn't thought about combining them, but we were going to get our dessert from our Taiwanese baker, so I may get some of the more savory treats and have a "children's Valentine's" brunch. My oldest has a little Chinese suit her grandparents got her from EPCOT, so that'd be a nice touch as well.

6. JanaBanana

Thank you!!! I hope to go pro one day! :) I really like WHCC for my prints.. I havent heard of ArtsCow.com?

7. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

Congratulations on 10 years of marriage! cheesy

We will be in church Valentines morning then I do have to work a for a few hours afterward. We will probably go to dinner that night.

Jana, I LOVE the pictures!!!

8. JanaBanana

Thank you very much :)

9. Murphman

Murphman Santa Beagle MMC Lifer

Great pics as usual Jana. You should consider offering your services to potential customers.

10. JanaBanana

I hope to one day :) I actually did a friends family Christmas card... and thank you :rudolph:

11. Petronius

Petronius Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member

The Lennon Sisters sang The Sweetheart Tree.