Decorating for Fall

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I am already itching to decorate for Fall!!
The weather feels more like Fall right now, and I've been burning fall scents & watching so many movies set in autumn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 people

Magpie

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Apr 18, 2013
I am trying to decide when to decorate for fall this year. Typically, I wait until after Labor Day, so I do it the second week of September, but with the temps being in the 70's at times here, it's getting me in the mood!

When do all of you decorate? Do you think it's too soon to do next week?
It's really interesting to read how you decorate for fall, or autumn as we call it. We don't do anything like that here in Australia. We don't do Halloween either, although it is just starting to become a little bit of a 'thing' in some places. I just wait until December 1st to put up our Christmas decorations. What kind of things do you decorate with for fall?:thumbsup:

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
We put out fall leaves, I do a mix of real & artificial, scarecrows, pinecones, crows, acorns, pumpkins, gourds, apples, hay bales, cornstalks, things like that =]

Reactions: 4 people

BoxerMom

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jul 2, 2012
Here in New England it was freezing all weekend and finally warmed up on Monday. And supposed to be 90 by the end of the week!

I do love my fall decorations too...I always do leaves, pumpkins and corn stalks as well..

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
It's really interesting to read how you decorate for fall, or autumn as we call it. We don't do anything like that here in Australia. We don't do Halloween either, although it is just starting to become a little bit of a 'thing' in some places. I just wait until December 1st to put up our Christmas decorations. What kind of things do you decorate with for fall?

We put out fall leaves, I do a mix of real & artificial, scarecrows, pinecones, crows, acorns, pumpkins, gourds, apples, hay bales, cornstalks, things like that =]

We do all of the above as well, plus we go full bore decorating outside as well for all the Trick-Or-Treaters! I attached a photo of my house; (this picture is a little dated because I have a lot more outside decorations and fog machines set up now...

:boo: I love the Fall and Halloween!!!:devil:

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
I thought someone bumped this thread because they were already decorating for Fall. Ha! :lol:

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
We do all of the above as well, plus we go full bore decorating outside as well for all the Trick-Or-Treaters! I attached a photo of my house; (this picture is a little dated because I have a lot more outside decorations and fog machines set up now...

:boo: I love the Fall and Halloween!!!:devil:

Love your house @ Halloween!! So spooky & fun!!

Reactions: 1 person

MonsterMasher

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2012
Michigan
I haven't been thinking about decorating as much for Halloween but I have been getting the itch lately to pick up some things lol, I went to one of the local country stores in one of the towns by me and noticed they had some fall scented candles out already, almost got them too

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I am trying to decide when to decorate for fall this year. Typically, I wait until after Labor Day, so I do it the second week of September, but with the temps being in the 70's at times here, it's getting me in the mood!

When do all of you decorate? Do you think it's too soon to do next week?
I usually start the first week of September...right after Labor Day. I don't like to start too late because that means it's only up for a short while before Christmas makes it's way to my door!
I say, when you get that Fall feeling...go for it!
Pottery Barn sneak peek at Fall online...should be around June 27th!

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I am already itching to decorate for Fall!!
The weather feels more like Fall right now, and I've been burning fall scents & watching so many movies set in autumn.

LOL...yes, I watched "The Good Witch" on Hallmark last night!
Fall is so beautiful...BUT...I'm okay with some summer here in Wisconsin!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image