Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Christmas card etiquette is once again on the mind of publishers everywhere because it is Christmas card sending season.
They say the sending of Christmas cards is a dying tradition and that the Internet or even social media might be the reason why.
Do not believe that. Perhaps how Christmas greetings are sent is changing. But we are actually sending more Christmas messages than ever.
But the old rules of Christmas card etiquette need some updating – and most publishers are just not keeping up.
Here are the new rules of Christmas card etiquette:
Old Rule: Keeping a Proper List
New Rule: Send greetings to who you want
What happened: Christmas cards used to be a much more...

Continue reading...

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I think most people really appreciate receiving cards and letters. I love getting "newsletters" as part of a Christmas or Holiday card. I also keep a stash of cards for some of my friends who celebrate religious holidays other than Christmas. They usually send me a Christmas card and usually wish me a Merry Christmas.

Cards show people you are thinking about them. Merry Christmas to all!

Perfct2u

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 21, 2020
Newark, DE, USA
Thank you Penelope for this article. I am sure I am not alone in saying that I have felt that guilt @dizzy when I receive a Christmas card after Christmas day :giftyand feel that twinge of: oh, gosh! I didn't send them one :snowy1. I won't feel awkward sending a Christmas card to them on New Years Eve. -season-

Grreyes6

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jul 16, 2021
Ohio
Thank you Penelope for this!
I think this is why you find many people signing up for Christmas Card exchanges from people they don’t know!
Many MISS mailing and receiving Christmas Cards. I normally mail around 75 to family and close friends. Last year I received 15. So why not join others who love love it as much as you!

Reactions: KimB

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image