Christmas Countdown - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
HolidayHoney - Julie sounds like a most interesting cat. I hope you will tell us more about her adventures.

Will you be watching the new improved New-Years-Eve-Times-Square-Ball this year? Will you be watching New Years Day arrive around the world?

My husband and I are invited to a party. They used e-vites. One great thing about e-vites is - everyone signed in with what food and drink they would contribute to the party - by name. I think this kind of embarased people (me) into bringing better quality food! And more of it! Consequently - I think it will be a more delicious party!!!

christmasgranny

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Aug 30, 2008
Upstate NY (waaaay upstate)
Merry Christmas, everyone !

This has been a really great season. My son Matthew, returned home from Iraq (with all ten fingers and all ten toes), and on the way home he married the sweetest girl in the neighborhood. So I got a son and a daughter (inlaw) for Christmas. All the other presents pale by comparison.

We have lots of snow here in Chicago, 15 degrees, and lots of sun. A perfect day.

Well, we are off to pick up Grandma Eagle and head out to my sister's house for Christmas dinner.

My prayer is for everyone to have and enjoy all the joy and blessings of Christmas.

See you all later.
Iron

I haven't been here since Christmas morning, and am now catching up, but that was definitely the best Christmas present ever!!
What a great blessing to have your son home and a new dil!!!

christmasgranny

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Aug 30, 2008
Upstate NY (waaaay upstate)
Time to sign off the computer and get ready to leave for work.
I'm glad I got a few posts in befoe the end of the year and before the thread is locked and the new countdown begins.

(Maybe I'll get a chance to post again before the end of the day, but I don't know for sure.)

I got the Wii Fit for Christmas and my son and his wife have been here every night using it! LOL They are hooked and now need to buy one for themselves. They are so competitive, whatever score one gets, the other has to beat it! It's quite comical to watch.

Now, of course, they've raised the bar for the scores, and I don't think I'll ever come close!!! LOL
My 5yo granddaughter likes the run and she likes the hula hoop.
I also think the hula hoop is fun and so is the penguin tilt. I can't wait to see what new games I unlock next!:hello:

N

Nitro

Morning everyone...hump day but most are off for new years anyway if not off today too. Can't believe the last day of 2008. I remember watching the boards back in Jan and seeing the 2008 count beginning and now we have hit the ending...sad isn't it? Yet I'm sooooooooooooo excited to see a new and fresh start to a countdown with the 2009 thread. Crown what time will you be starting it? I can't wait to see it.

Have a great new years eve everyone.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
i am looking forward to our new countdown, i am more excited than ever!

really not looking forward to new year tonight, i should be excited but i'm just not! i am going to a fancy dress party with my partner, i don't know many people that are going which is always annoying.

next year, we have vowed to go away for new year to a cottage with a roaring fire and a village pub. peace, quiet and very christmassy! wish i was there now.

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Good Morning Everyone!! I would like to add my Happy New Year to everyone on MMC, and wishes that 2009 is a great year for everyone.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Guys, Gals and Unknowns!

Ah! Sadness mixed with excitement and anticipation.

Yes, Sparkle, this thread will lock at the end of the day today, officially marking the end of Day 50 of our glorious 2008 Christmas Season and this count thread.
.....And just as soon as I can launch it tomorrow, Countdown 2009 will begin!!

So much thanks to all who contributed to our (not so) little thread!
Wow! I thought we might not reach 5,000 posts and here we are at nearly 5,100!
(Of course, that will make breaking the record again next year just that much harder, but that much more fun to try!)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Holiday, and everyone.
Enjoy the view from the peak of the week - our last such view in 2008!
And have a simply Fantastic New Year!! See you then!

With much love, respect and kind feelings......

- Crown

JayIsh

MMC Musicmaster, MerryChristmasRadio
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Aug 20, 2006
New Jersey
merrychristmasradio.com
I too want to say thank you to all of my friends here! It has been a wonderful year, all things considered! And, while I am somewhat concerned over the coming year's financial atmosphere, right now I will celebrate all that was, and all that shall be.

Let's toast to a Happy, Healthy, prosperous New Year with a big hug added for good measure!

Jay

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Nice pix'es, Auntie.
Bleak but beautiful.

(Do you think O'Malley and Carl would get along?)

:hello: Indeed they would and have. Remember, when Carl was travelling he had a stop-over here and pushed his way in and O'Malley respected that. At first there was some hissing and spitting going on, but they worked it out.

And I agree that those pictures look a little bleak, not at all like the pictures in my albums.

HolidayHoney, O'Malley gets along with people better than animals, but you never know.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I watched the fireworks from Australia. Always a highlight of my Christmas Eve morning. They didn't get enough air time in my opinion.

Tonight, if the winds aren't too strong, they'll have fireworks here. They have them early so families can come out together and enjoy special events, finishing off with fireworks at 10:00 p.m. that way the children don't have to stay up too late passed their bedtime and if the adults wanted to make plans to slip out and arrange for someone to look after their children they could do so without feeling like they didn't celebrate together.

cheesy Thanks for leading us through the Countdown in 2008, Crown! I'm sure we'll reach 5,500 posts by the end of next year's count.

I'll try and swing by the Chat Room tonight around midnight.

Happy New Year's Eve!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
What a year it's been!! I have loved this thread so much, I'm sad to see it come to an end, but looking forward to a new, fresh thread for 2009! Hopefully 2009 will bring less tragedy (been lots of young, tragic deaths locally in 2008 & that's enough of that!) & good health for all!!!

Thanks for a great year &....

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO ALL!!!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
.....Indeed they would and have. Remember, when Carl was travelling he had a stop-over here and pushed his way in and O'Malley respected that. At first there was some hissing and spitting going on, but they worked it out.....
Oh! That's right! I forgot.
(And Carl is not here to remind me since he is getting things ready over at the Shispering Pines for this evening.)

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
2008 has been a great run, everybody!!!! Let's hear it for 2009 and the brightest (thanks to the plaid) shiniest (with glitter on) countdown yet!!!!

More power to your pillow, Crown!!!!!!! (Have you ever considered plaid sheets and pillowcases?? Quite the latest thing, Dahling.....!)

:wiggy:

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
.....More power to your pillow, Crown!!!!!!! (Have you ever considered plaid sheets and pillowcases?? Quite the latest thing, Dahling.....!).....
Awww, Maureen!
(Hmmm.....plaid sheets and pillowcases. Interesting idea.....)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:hello: I think she was referring to something in more of a red and green tartan.

I'm going to pop over to the Shispering Pines for a little bubbly or eggnog or one of Carl's special blends - oh the temptations that await ...

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
cheesy That's it!

I'm jumping back and forth from here to NY - getting ready for the ball to drop.

http://newyear.earthcam.com/

Our fireworks were really early this year 8:00 p.m. instead of 10:00.

If I knew they were going to have them, I would have set my tripod out upside and tried to grab some pictures. The last three year's they've cancelled them due to the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image