Christmas Countdown - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Christmas 2008 - it was very well celebrated throughout the Countdown!!! And - another gloriuos countdown awaits us... for CHristmas 2009!! Do you think that we are getting better and better at celebrating?

nana..some of us here have been celebrating together for years- we have bounced through cybserpsace between three different websites and numerous personalities- both toxic and endearing... we know each other almost like family and we roll on refusing to adhere to
those around us who think we are bizarre and who hate the holidays... in the words of the immortal Sister Sledge.. We are family- and we celebrate year long and smile at each milestone and once again come back to a season where for one brief moment- there is peace, and joy,and with each other, great love.

YABBA!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
And don't be sad folks.. after sleepyhead posts the count on 1 January, we are only about 2 weeks from our first milestone-which is the 300 day window.... and as the trees bud and the warmth returns, we celebrate knowing- we're that much closer....

yuck.. when did I get so hallmark?

YABBA!!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
oh going Hallmark is cool...you are exceptionally eloquent this evening........but then good coffee is very inspiring, isn't it?!??

Sparkling Star

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 9, 2007
nana..some of us here have been celebrating together for years- we have bounced through cybserpsace between three different websites and numerous personalities- both toxic and endearing... we know each other almost like family and we roll on refusing to adhere to
those around us who think we are bizarre and who hate the holidays... in the words of the immortal Sister Sledge.. We are family- and we celebrate year long and smile at each milestone and once again come back to a season where for one brief moment- there is peace, and joy,and with each other, great love.

YABBA!

Amen to all the above Binger!

PS I agree with Holiday Honey, the Hallmark in you is "Cool".

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
going out to get some fireworks...not much...but a little....year is rounding up now...and it´s unbelievable how quick it went....I know...I´m only 27 now....it seems like I´ll be 40 in no time...:D

N

Nitro

Morning everyone.
Back to work for me today. Had last week off (took it off obviously for xmas reasons). Most people I know are going back to work today...some are still off tho. I think I'm better off working today so I don't get too down about Christmas being over.
But actually Christmas is still alive in my home as there are DVDS, games, cards etc all still out that haven't even been barely opened yet. There were so many gifts this year...it was great.
Hope everyone has a good start to their week...at least it's a short one with New Years coming Thursday!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Track.. what's wrong with being 40? I mean.. ask Crown.. they are twice that age and look at them- they can still type....( though, they do sleep a great deal..)

YABBA

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
You know Holiday.... there is never bad coffee... it just inspires me so much..... that perking smell in the morning ( mid morning, early afternoon, mid afternoon, early evening, mid evening, late evening, mid night snack..)- maybe that is waht brings out the Hallmark in me... hmmm not sure I will get back here today... Binger maybe signing off this thread.. Thanx Jeff Westover......and all my friends for a great 2008....

Kalamazoo.. you are missed....

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

YABBA!
<< sniff >> That was beautiful, Binger! << sniff >>
You have me crying into my coffee. (Well, actually your coffee, but you don't mind the salt, do you?)

Good Morning, Friends.
Still enjoying my week off countdown duties.
(Actually, the count to Season 2009 has been silently running for over a month and a half now, as January 1st's post will make clear!)

Oh. Lest I forget! Carl (who spent the holidays here with us and Fox) got all teary-eyed over the pending close of Christmas Season 2008 and has invited everyone over to the Shispering Pines on New Year's Eve for complimentary champaigne, to which he has switched his third hump.
It will be served with fired twinkies, of course. And old video clips of Guy Lombardo's orchestra will be presented on the Pines' new big-screen TV with surround sound.
(Makes me nostalgically sad just thinking about it.)

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks - our final Monday of 2008!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Bing! We meet to the minute in real time!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
i am looking forward to the 2009 countdown more than you can imagine! my christmas 2008 didn't exactly go to plan : ( the build up was wonderful, but the actual day was a real let down so there will be some changes made next year.

i know i shouldn't wish my life away, but i have a feeling that christmas 2009 will be here before we know it anyway...

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Help yourself.

Thanks Binger! Perhaps there was decaf in that coffee which made you more sentimental. Gotta watch out for coffee masquerading as caffeine.

:hello: I'm off for a stroll with my camera and tripod, it's a bit cloudy, but I'm optimistic that once I start clicking, the sun will appear!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Enjoy your day AuntieMistletoeDear.....and remember to share those photos!!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
ok ok a quick check in... not even packed yet- but busy running errands- and shopping for 2009- good buys out there and for those post Holiday blues-I try to buy something every month- works out on the budget also- hmmm must give more coffee in 2009

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
ok ok- will try to stop in ONE MORE TIME tonight to officially sign off this thread- I will be back inthe new thread Friday night after I get back......

YABBA!!!

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Track.. what's wrong with being 40? I mean.. ask Crown.. they are twice that age and look at them- they can still type....( though, they do sleep a great deal..)

YABBA

that post made me smile....

to answer it...nothing is really bad to be 40....I just kinda enjoy being in my 20s...:D...It´s cool to be Tween....as the hobbits say

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Last night we put my son and his new wife on a plane headed to Camp Pendleton Calf. He is back on duty at about noon today. Wow the time went fast. I did get a chance to meet the new in-laws,by the way. Very nice people. My son arranged the meeting. It seems that when he got to their house, he got stuck in the snow and ice in front of their house. Being unfamiliar with 4 wheel drive, he "gunned it", the car got traction and jumped forward . . . hitting the car in front of him. Katie Eagle (his new wife) was on the sidewalk laughing. Matthew said "What's so funny?". To wit she said "That's my Dad's car." As I explained to My son, the important thing is that no one got hurt and metal and plastic can always be fixed. We all sat down for dinner and worked out the details, had a great dinner (out for dinner at Matt's expense), had a few good laughs (also at Matt's expense), and got to know some great people.

Well, I gotta run. Things to do, places to go, SHOPPING.
See you all later on.

That is so awesome!! :lol: Congrats to you, your son & your new daughter in law!! Sounds like you enjoyed their visit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image