MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I'm awake, my friend, and I'll miss ya!
Don't forget to pack the coffee.
(Wait! What am I saying?? That would be an impossible mistake for Der Binger!)

Auntie! Great pix!
I immediately saved it to my Christmas image folder for use as a holiday computer wallpaper.
(Did the same thing with the beautiful Merry Christmas small-town snow scene that CharlestonNole is using.)

Well, not much time left to enjoy Christmas Season 2008.
I have my 2009 launch post ready to place ASAP on January 1st, at which point this thread will lock and we will be off and running for a new year of wonderful counting!

Have a Super Sunday, Dear Friends!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
LOL, Binger did say to "make it interesting"

Iron Eagle

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 4, 2006
Chicago
Well, I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee, coffee, coffee. With eggnog flavored creamer. I just checked the frig, and I'm down to 5 bottles. I'm not sure if that will last me until February. Maybe March ???

Last night we put my son and his new wife on a plane headed to Camp Pendleton Calf. He is back on duty at about noon today. Wow the time went fast. I did get a chance to meet the new in-laws,by the way. Very nice people. My son arranged the meeting. It seems that when he got to their house, he got stuck in the snow and ice in front of their house. Being unfamiliar with 4 wheel drive, he "gunned it", the car got traction and jumped forward . . . hitting the car in front of him. Katie Eagle (his new wife) was on the sidewalk laughing. Matthew said "What's so funny?". To wit she said "That's my Dad's car." As I explained to My son, the important thing is that no one got hurt and metal and plastic can always be fixed. We all sat down for dinner and worked out the details, had a great dinner (out for dinner at Matt's expense), had a few good laughs (also at Matt's expense), and got to know some great people.

Well, I gotta run. Things to do, places to go, SHOPPING.
See you all later on.

Iron Eagle

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 4, 2006
Chicago
I'm not sure I can do "interesting" without Binger around.

Yabba

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:hello: Iron Eagle, our visit with the grandchildren, etc. went by speedingly fast too. Kinda funny, I felt I was right there laughing at Matt with you over dinner.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:cry: We've got heaps of snow here. It rained all day yesterday enough to get the creek semi-running again. Today the winds are crazy with some ice pellets. Sound Techs for movie companies should be recording the howling sounds that are gusting out there. Power has surged twice on us already - seconds only, wondering if we're going to hear about any damage, some the limbs from the trees that were tortured three years ago during a macroburst look like they're going to snap like twigs.

If you want snow, help yourself to some of mine.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
cheesy Mind you that was taken before the rain, but there's still plenty left.

Have a good trip, Binger! We'll keep Crown awake whilst you're gone. :))

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
I'm not sure I can do "interesting" without Binger around.

Yabba

Oh sure you can.. simply remind Crown to wake up... remind Jay to paus du lux.. remind Maureen to weave some plaid... remind Auntie to sing something Canadian.. and you have interesting...

YABBA!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
And as always, don't forget to YABBA!

YABBA...

N

Nitro

Sad Christmas is over :-(...yet this was the best one yet.
Big fan of this thread...Crown and Bing the 2 stars of it.
Look forward to posting in the 2009 Countdown.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:hello: Just be glad there's no sound attached to these posts. If they were vocal instead of written, you'd never sleep again ... mawahhhhaaa.

Did I mention I brought my pillow from home with me while we were away over Christmas? I like a good sleep too. It starts with the right bed and the right pillow.

Silly me, teaching you how to get a good night's sleep.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Well - these posts have been both interesting and funny! I've laughed out loud while reading them!!! And - laughing is GOOD for you!

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Christmas 2008 - it was very well celebrated throughout the Countdown!!! And - another gloriuos countdown awaits us... for CHristmas 2009!! Do you think that we are getting better and better at celebrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image