Christmas Countdown - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1971

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Aug 23, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I was just sitting here reading this a few minutes back...and Peggy Lee was singing Happy Holiday on the comcast Christmas channel.....and then after that song ended....a rap song came on afterwards...sad!

Glad to see this thread up and running! Had Blackeye peas and greens today...a good start to a great year..as Peggy sang....lots of happy holidays to come..glad i found this site....makes me feel about Christmas like i did as a child.....
Happy New Year everyone, and happy counting down!

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Awww, Gee!
You folks are the greatest!
This thread lives through all of you. Thanks!

And yes, our tree is still up. We always keep all of our decorations and lights up and lit through New Year's Day, which of course means they come down tomorrow.
Sad, but yes - that does insure that it stays special!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *Mo throws a plaid hissy fit*

It's not "of course" anything. We must enlighten you to the 12 days of Christmas rule!!!!!!!!!!

It's still the Christmas season until the 3 wise men arrive on January 6th; the Feast of Epiphany. Everything must come down then or it's unlucky!!

But not before - please, not before - how are the wise men going to find their way if all the lights and stars are off the trees????

Ha HA - got you there!!!!!!!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
morning all!

oh i was so hungover yestersday, never drinking again! cheesy

i went to my MIL's for dinner at about 7pm, it was delicious, we had chicken cooked with lemon and rosemary, pork cooked in orange and guinness (best pork i have ever tasted) roast potatoes cooked in goose fat, green beans, carrot and turnip, baked leeks, parsnips and lots of gravy. it was very, very nice and made me feel alot better!

today is a day for clearing up and getting "back to normal" i was feeling really down after 26th december, but i had such a good new year's eve that i feel great now. counting down until september, because that's when i feel 100% festive!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
What, no wine with that lovely dinner???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not a drop, everyone was quite surprised! i just couldn't face it and if anyone ever speaks of vodka infront of me again i shall throw a hissy fit! no more drinking until next christmas - yeah right! cheesy

N

Nitro

TGIF! Hope everyone has a great Friday...2nd day of the year. First weekend of the year coming up...long long long way to the season but the journey is now well under way.

Holidays are really over now...hmm that first milestone is just about 2 weeks away I see isn't it? Amazing...gotta love how the season count was rolling since Nov 13th and we never thought of it since we were enjoying last season!

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
not a drop, everyone was quite surprised! i just couldn't face it and if anyone ever speaks of vodka infront of me again i shall throw a hissy fit! no more drinking until next christmas - yeah right! cheesy

vodka´s a b++++h....:D....was drunken of that once.....but it´s so good mixed with bitter lemon or orange juice....I still love to drink it...

glad You had a great New Year´s Eve!!!!....and by the way....only 356 days to Christmas!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
TGIF! Hope everyone has a great Friday...2nd day of the year. First weekend of the year coming up...long long long way to the season but the journey is now well under way.

Holidays are really over now...hmm that first milestone is just about 2 weeks away I see isn't it? Amazing...gotta love how the season count was rolling since Nov 13th and we never thought of it since we were enjoying last season!

i'm really enjoying your posts nitro, it's great to have you with us!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Wow!
You guys are so into the spirit of this thread and what we are trying to accomplish.
And we are off to a fantastic start! If the current rate continues (I know it won't based on past years, but if it does) we will smash last year's rate by a wide margin!

Good Morning, Everybody!
I hope all hangovers are over, eyes have cleared and all is ship-shape because it's time to commence regular counting duties:
Days to the Season: 315
Days to Christmas Day:357.

And indeed - - - we will reach our first Season Milestone, the 300-Day window two weeks from tomorrow! Just let that sink in a bit,now.
(It's already later than you think!!)

Cold again here with cloudy skies. Showers are a possibility this afternoon.
We currently stand at 33 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday and I hope your first weekend of 2009 gets off to an incredible start this afternoon!

The Yak

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2007
I see your still doing a stirling job Crown!!

Keep up the good work, and help us all through the long summer months.

Not long to go now!!! well if i say it enough and all that.

The Yak

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
Hi everyone!

It is dreary and raining here today. Luckily, I still have my Christmas tree lights to brighten my day. Unfortunately, they will be coming down this weekend.

I have to take my daughter to the orthodontist today...fun, fun. I'm hoping to go to the mall afterwards if she feels like it. It all depends on what they have to do.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good afternoon Christmas friends! :smile: 2nd day of 2009!! Unbelievable!! Time to get all those Christmas pictures downloaded & ordered!

Have a great day everybody!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I see your still doing a stirling job Crown!!

Keep up the good work, and help us all through the long summer months.

Not long to go now!!! well if i say it enough and all that.

The Yak

It's great to se you here, Yak! Don't let the username fool you - tis I, Auntie Mistletoe!

Make yourself at home, help yourself to some tasty pie!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've been doing some major cleaning the last few days. That's how I start the New Year off spending a few hours whistling while I work only the songs I'm whistling are Christmas ones.

Enjoy the day!

I feel a weekend coming on ...

The Yak

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2007
It's great to se you here, Yak! Don't let the username fool you - tis I, Auntie Mistletoe!

Make yourself at home, help yourself to some tasty pie!

Yes i guessed that Auntie, what with all that talk of food. I had to laugh when you said "tis i Auntie Mistletoe" ( should be done in a french accent) it reminded me of a program we get over here in old blighty called "Allo Allo" i don't know if you get it in Canada but any fellow Brits that use this board will get the gag!!

The Yak

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
Yes i guessed that Auntie, what with all that talk of food. I had to laugh when you said "tis i Auntie Mistletoe" ( should be done in a french accent) it reminded me of a program we get over here in old blighty called "Allo Allo" i don't know if you get it in Canada but any fellow Brits that use this board will get the gag!!

The Yak

i didn't know you were from the uk!

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Happy New Year everyone! Im going to try (begging my hubby) to keep our Christmas trees up until next weekend. It will be so blah without them and my son loves them on! Cant believe the holidays are over. Looking forward to a good 2009. Lets keep the Christmas spirit alive throughout the year!

cheesy

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Wow!
You guys are so into the spirit of this thread and what we are trying to accomplish.
And we are off to a fantastic start! If the current rate continues (I know it won't based on past years, but if it does) we will smash last year's rate by a wide margin!

oh...I´m sure we will!!! Johnor, Miss Speedy Elf and a few others powered up Charlesonnole´s donation thread....so this one....which is up all year....will have more than 5000.....by far I think this year....:D....

i´m ****ed a bit today tho...wanted to do some mexican food....and usually I check if the stuff I buy is expired.....I didn´t today...and of course it was expired.....since August.....I will go to the shop tomorrow morning and give it back and will ask for the money...and the food that were prepared along with it that were spoiled by it....:(

N

Nitro

Thanks Johnor...this is the best thread and I am new to posting but I have followed the count for basically a year now. Crown is an inspiration to those who love Christmas and strongly desire to keep it alive year round.

Wow had a tiring Friday almost a 12 hour day at work...very long, latest I've stayed in 6 months at this job...9-5 is enough for me most days!

But it's Friday night relaxing...hope everyone is having a nice evening as I still see lots of Christmas lights out on my drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image