Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Ballcoach, ballcoach, ballcoach - the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak my friend; check out your first paragraph!!!!!!!!!

All the best everybody for 2010; I hope it's everything you hope it will be. Ours started pain-free with heat and water and good health and food in the house. If this doesn't change all year, I will be happy.

Good morning, all! Hope everyone got home safe last night...and that you wake up this morning and feel....like you don't have monkeys swinging in your head kicking your brain!

Very uneventful (which I am thankful for) New Years Eve ! Just me and the wife and sis in law family and we had alot of fun. The wife and I have to run some errands today to prepare for our big event tomorrow, which is going to watch my favorite college team in a bowl game! Can't wait!

Well, I'm gonna run! By the way, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to quit using .... as I type. I sent a memo out to school employees the other day and in the midst of it was ... ! So if you see me typing like that, feel free to tell me to stop!

Binger, Brad, Made, and whoever else likes coffee, the first pot just got done brewing! Come on over! Better yet, we can meet at Shispering Pines and eat those leftovers!

jolly elf

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 18, 2008
I live in New Brunswick, Canada
:))Happy New Year!!!! I am so grataeful for this countdown thread, it helps with the post Christmas blues. I hope to post much more this year.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Good Morning Everyone and a Happy New Year to you all....
Glad to see this new thread! AMD...I jumped on here last night about 10:30 my time to post A HNY in the 2009 countdown and it was offically closed. Glad to see this new one here this morning. Wishing you all a Happy New Year filled with peace, good health, love and happiness!!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Binger here... signing on for another year of Yabba!

YABBA~

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
and 356 days till DARLENE LOVEIS ON LETTERMEN.. Ask Made and Coach how it was this year.. and you too will start counting down..

YABBA

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
16 days till the first milestone.....
as Gracie says.. Christmas is either here or on its way...

YABBA

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Hmm I was going to check in late last night- who had the last post?

YABBA

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Happy New Year all...Last night we had the traditional Westover slideshow recapping all of last year's images -- more than 2500 in all! -- and due to that I missed the closing of the old thread and the opening of this one.

Now I get up, like a creaky old man, and stare all this through frosty eyes this morning...it all seems to fresh.

You should all know that some things are going to change -- dramatically change -- here on the website in the coming weeks. But this thread will NOT change. It stays and will only get better and better.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning friends!!!! Today is always a bittersweet day for me. It is the start of the new year and a time to start over in life. It also is the end of another wonderful holiday season and all the joy and wonder that comes with it. I had a great party last night. Alot of my friends and family stopped by for some food and story telling. It was great to hear how everyone had a wonderful christmas and their plans for the new year. Normally everyone leaves by ten o'clock but this year I did have one neighor who stuck it out to midnight with me. Today I will start getting ready to take my decorations down. The outside decorations have to be down this weekend according to the rules of my apartment complex. They don't actually enforce it but I always try to follow them. I need to drag down all of my totes from the attic and clean everything so I can pack it away. My plan is to do the outside decorations today, my santas tomorrow, and the tree on sunday. It is really cold outside today and is going to be worse the next couple of days so I want to get the outside deorations down before the ground gets to hard to get the stakes out of. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
and 356 days till DARLENE LOVEIS ON LETTERMEN.. Ask Made and Coach how it was this year.. and you too will start counting down..

YABBA

Defintely worth a countdown!!!!!! It was a great performance.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Coach- Only 44 days to daytona!!!!!! Let's hope the new year brings better luck.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England

YABBA

can someone explain this to me? being in the U.K i don't watch letterman. does darlene love go on the show at the same time every year and sing 'all alone on christmas'?

Happy New Year all...Last night we had the traditional Westover slideshow recapping all of last year's images -- more than 2500 in all! -- and due to that I missed the closing of the old thread and the opening of this one.

Now I get up, like a creaky old man, and stare all this through frosty eyes this morning...it all seems to fresh.

You should all know that some things are going to change -- dramatically change -- here on the website in the coming weeks. But this thread will NOT change. It stays and will only get better and better.

i'm scared! i hope it's change for the better?

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
can someone explain this to me? being in the U.K i don't watch letterman. does darlene love go on the show at the same time every year and sing 'all alone on christmas'?

Almost right. She is on letterman every year for his christmas show on the 23rd of december and sings Christmas: Baby Please Come Home. It has been like 17 years in a row now.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

I'll be looking forward to the changes. I agree with Johnor that it is kind of scary to think that the place we love so much is going to change but I am sure you will do a great job and that it will be better than ever.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I don't think it is anything to fear. Couple of reasons -- first of all, the script that powers the site has been upgraded and it forces us to change some things. We don't look to take anything away -- just add to what we've already got.

I am very resistant to changing what is traditional and nothing has been more traditional than our look. Our design has been basically the same since our first online efforts back in 1994.

But the time has come to update it and that more than anything else is what most will notice and comment about. We're heading into our 19th year overall in our Christmas efforts and we've caused worlds old and new to collide here for a long time. That has caused for a muddled presentation overall and we need to clean it up a bit -- make it shiny and more efficient. It will be the foundation for the next 5 years or so.

I am proceeding slowly and as I get things closer the crew -- of which Crown is a part -- will get to play, test and suggest tweaks before we just dump it on everyone. I am attempting to make the old available with the new for those who won't like the change. Don't know yet if that is going to be possible but we're putting in the extra work just in case. I don't want to lose anyone because we have to do this.

We've grown a ton -- and that, I suppose is more of a reason for doing this than anything else. More people will come. And we've just got to make room for them. But like the great features of any home, this thread will not change and it will forever have a prominent place. It has become a singular feature of MMC.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Happy New Year!!!

Unfortunately, I disappeared for a few days. I've since returned to Ottawa and had to get my bearings straight after living back in the Sault for three plus weeks. Nice to see that the new Christmas Countdown has already begun and I look forward to counting down with each and every one of you throughout the year. I greatly enjoyed 2009 and cannot wait for 2010 and the new decade will bring!!

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to see the new countdown has begun! My son, daughter, and I stayed up past midnight. Hubby did not. My son was determined to stay up and he did. He is still asleep. He will probably regret staying up so late. I plan on doing nothing but resting and watching football games all day. I love the Bowl games. Whatever you have planned today, I hope you have a great day.

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
Coach- Only 44 days to daytona!!!!!! Let's hope the new year brings better luck.

I am looking forward to it, too!

Also, there is only 48 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. cheesy

ScottCalvin

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, England
Happy New Year

I am looking forward to Monday & Tuesday 4th & 5th as I have these 2 days off work and while everyone else goes back I can watch all the Christmas TV specials and films I recorded on Sky+ (TiVo) its goning be a fun day, I also wonder what my Christmas film of 2010 will be when I watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image