MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I want so bad to get in the Christmas spirit, and it's just not happening for me. The leg I broke and tore the muscles on last Christmas is still giving me a fit. It took me all of October to get a few Halloween things up, and it's taking me even longer to get them back down. It looks like the Thanksgiving stuff is staying in the boxes this year, because everything is just taking so long for me to do. I'm tired, and ouchy, and full of grumps. Good golly, if I could sleep till next Christmas, I'd probably do it. Hopefully, when the card exchange list comes out and gives me something to do that I can sit down for, I'll be in a more Christmas-y mood. I am just disgusted with this whole deal.
Could you throw a decorating party? Have a few friends in and they can help you with decorations? If you're not up to that, maybe we can find some more suggestions that will perk up your Christmas spirit. It isn't there 100% of the time, but it will find you yet, decorations or no decorations. Hang in there, put on some Christmas tunes, and visit MMC frequently. I hope your ouch-and-grouch won't bother you long.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I hope you're having a happy Tuesday!
Thank you! It is going well - despite the dreary rain this afternoon!! Will make for a cozy night tonight, right? ;) My hubby is here now, bothering the help! Ha ha ha! He's out in the shop watching my boss cut off the 1st part for the new job we just started in the new saw. NOSEY! :p
I hope you're having a happy Tuesday too!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Could you throw a decorating party? Have a few friends in and they can help you with decorations? If you're not up to that, maybe we can find some more suggestions that will perk up your Christmas spirit. It isn't there 100% of the time, but it will find you yet, decorations or no decorations. Hang in there, put on some Christmas tunes, and visit MMC frequently. I hope your ouch-and-grouch won't bother you long.
Love it! That is a really fun idea!!!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends...... Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a chilly day here today Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Relaxing on the sofa watching the music channel on sky TVs....I am feeling soooo festive right now Woooo-Hooo....All I can think about right now is decorating the house inside and outside lol....Enjoy the rest of your day Christmas friends and have a merry evening ahead-holidays-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends...... Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a chilly day here today Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Relaxing on the sofa watching the music channel on sky TVs....I am feeling soooo festive right now Woooo-Hooo....All I can think about right now is decorating the house inside and outside lol....Enjoy the rest of your day Christmas friends and have a merry evening ahead-holidays-

I've been wondering when you were going to pop in! Sounds like you are having a fun & festive day/evening!! ENJOY!!!

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
Greetings MerryBells. I can relate, in a way, to what you are going through. In my case it was not so much an injury as all those tours in the military and all the various places I got sent. To make that worse, many times those changes happened around the holiday season. So I did not know the base, the job, the people and of course was a long way from family. The spirit was tough to come by. On those days though I always remembered the words my Dad often spoke to me and asked the question... " is there anyone worse off than you?". I then would think of others who might never know a spirit filled Christmas and that mine, even if it was not what I wanted at the moment would not stay that way in the future. I took comfort in that and allowed the spirit of others to fill the gap where mine needed help so desperately.
I'm sure your MMC friends can help fill the gap for you as well... "Keep the Faith"

View attachment 33636

Thank you for your kind words...and for your service to our country. My granddad got his US citizenship by serving in the army, and it means a lot that a member of the service sent encouragement to me. I will hang in there, and tomorrow will be a better day.

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD

Parties are really out of the question right now. If you could see my house, you'd understand. My spouse may be sweet, but he's no help with the housekeeping. I have considered renting a backhoe to clean house with, so I don't have to walk around to do it. (oh golly, is that my sense of humor coming back? Thank goodness!)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you for your kind words...and for your service to our country. My granddad got his US citizenship by serving in the army, and it means a lot that a member of the service sent encouragement to me. I will hang in there, and tomorrow will be a better day.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Parties are really out of the question right now. If you could see my house, you'd understand. My spouse may be sweet, but he's no help with the housekeeping. I have considered renting a backhoe to clean house with, so I don't have to walk around to do it. (oh golly, is that my sense of humor coming back? Thank goodness!)
:D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you buddy....Hope your having a merry day too Holiday...Enjoy your evening ahead....Ohhh what time for dinner tonite Holiday lol-merry-
Thanks! My day has been quite Merry! :D
Dinner will be earlier tonight since hubby went into work early, early this am & got off work early too. So you better start heading this way. We are going to have the beer butt chicken & potatoes I grilled last night & didn't eat cuz hubby had to work too late! o_O

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Thank you! It is going well - despite the dreary rain this afternoon!! Will make for a cozy night tonight, right? ;) My hubby is here now, bothering the help! Ha ha ha! He's out in the shop watching my boss cut off the 1st part for the new job we just started in the new saw. NOSEY! :p
I hope you're having a happy Tuesday too!
So far, so good! We're hoping for a relaxing evening watching some DVDs. (Translation: We're not going to be following election results ... time enough for that in the morning.)

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA

I get that, totally.

Are you "crafty" at all? Could you make decorations or a village from crafting paper? Less heavy lifting ...

If not, drape some tinsel around where you can, and keep the music and movies going. It'll be a challenge, but you'll find your Christmas somewhere outside the decorations. And hang onto that sense of humor, it's a good sign!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Dinner will be earlier tonight since hubby went into work early, early this am & got off work early too. So you better start heading this way. We are going to have the beer butt chicken & potatoes I grilled last night & didn't eat cuz hubby had to work too late! o_O
Good to hear Holiday....Dinner sounds yummy buddy...Food always tastes better the second nite...Its like you make a pan of soup it's always best the next day....Ok on my way keep it pipping hot lol...-gift-

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I want so bad to get in the Christmas spirit, and it's just not happening for me. The leg I broke and tore the muscles on last Christmas is still giving me a fit. It took me all of October to get a few Halloween things up, and it's taking me even longer to get them back down. It looks like the Thanksgiving stuff is staying in the boxes this year, because everything is just taking so long for me to do. I'm tired, and ouchy, and full of grumps. Good golly, if I could sleep till next Christmas, I'd probably do it. Hopefully, when the card exchange list comes out and gives me something to do that I can sit down for, I'll be in a more Christmas-y mood. I am just disgusted with this whole deal.
(((Hugs)))) I am sorry to hear you are struggling MerryBells. It sounds like you are in a lot of discomfort and it's understandable that your spirits are low. Try not to put pressure on yourself and take it one day at a time. Get lots of rest and take it easy. The rest of it will follow :) Praying your leg and spirits improve.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Evening everyone. It's been a wet a cold day here so far, feeling more wintery so I'm not complaining. My wife and I were at the photographers picking pictures of Jonah following a photo session we had done a few weeks back. Some beautiful shots for our walls but my bank account is a little lighter, wow they can charge.
Wait till he's in school and you have to fork out on school photos. What they charge is extortion! LOL :D

BUT the photos you took will be well worth it especially when you look at them years later :) :) :)

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
YUM. Room for one more??

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a fabulous evening!!!! I'm going home to watch it rain (after a stop at moms) ;) Also going to whip up some Chicken Tortilla soup for tomorrow nights supper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image