Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...its been another chilly day here today -2 Brrrrrrrrrrr...Just went out to do the grocery shopping then relaxed and chilled out with the family...Its the start of the season tonight so Wish everyone here on MMC a Merry Christmas-sing-

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Special Post (One more day!!!)

There are many words we can use to describe the Christmas Season. I, for one, prefer to rely heavily on a few. The feelings anticipation I experience all year when thinking about Christmas is absolutely incomparable to anything else.

The feelings of joy and excitement that overcome me when I walk into a store and see my first Christmas item or ornament, or put up my first Christmas decoration while listening to Christmas music in my home have such a heartwarming, yet teary-eyed feeling of anticipation.

Although we have a safe haven here at My Merry Christmas, the “real world” often looks at me sideways due to my fascination with all things Christmas. I don’t mind that at all. Christmas, to me, is an escape from the “real world.” Christmas lets me believe that there is still a place for hope, pure joy, peace, and innocence – we just have to believe.

Despite all the hardships and despair that may be going on in various places of the world, I believe it is something we can overcome. I believe in the Spirit of the Season, and I believe that it can unite everyone regardless of their beliefs.

I believe in a Season that we countdown to all year. I believe in a Season that can produce six weeks of happiness. I believe in a Season that heightens our innocence of yesteryear. Most of all, I believe in a Season of peace.

Speaking of believe, Kim’s six-year-old nephew was told by his older (about 10 years old) cousin this summer that there was “no Santa Claus.” Six years old, can you believe it? Needless to say, Kim, myself, and her family were both shocked and appalled at the news. We all quickly reassured him that there is, indeed, a Santa Claus.

“What about all the cookies, I suppose parents eat them, too?” to quote Buddy the Elf. Kim’s nephew took a stand. He agreed. No Santa? There is a Santa. And the best part about this? His two older brothers, who will be 10 in about two weeks, know the truth, but they also reassured him that Santa is real.

In my mind, everything can happen if you just believe. I believe in the magic of the Season, and I believe that there is no other time of year like Christmas. I believe that being able to spend a bond of Christmas with all of you throughout these years – a total of seven years for some – has truly made me a better person.

I believe that is nearly time to turn on the Christmas music. I believe that is nearly time to decorate. I believe the Christmas Season is only one day away. I believe we will be able to say those two magical words to ring in the Christmas Season very shortly. I look forward to saying the two magical words and counting down with you all tonight, in real time.

The Christmas Season is one day away...

Beautiful Brent! Thank you!!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
I celebrated the seasonal countdown by running 13.1 miles this morning in freezing weather! I hurt a whole lot now but it was so worth it for the excitement and feeling of accomplishment! I am most certainly ready for the season to start now! I will most definitely also not make it to midnight because of the run either haha. BUT I will do my best for as long as I can!

What a joyful time to be an MMCer!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I celebrated the seasonal countdown by running 13.1 miles this morning in freezing weather! I hurt a whole lot now but it was so worth it for the excitement and feeling of accomplishment! I am most certainly ready for the season to start now! I will most definitely also not make it to midnight because of the run either haha. BUT I will do my best for as long as I can!

Congratulations on running the half-marathon! Such a feeling of accomplishment, I'm sure. Are you setting your sights on any future running event(s)? Enjoy this evening, most deserved :)

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Congratulations on running the half-marathon! Such a feeling of accomplishment, I'm sure. Are you setting your sights on any future running event(s)? Enjoy this evening, most deserved :)

Thank you, Martine!! I feel quite accomplished! I will be running this next year, and 3 smaller races between now and April (a 6k, a 8k, and a 10k, respectively). For tonight, I soak it in (and pray my knees don't!) and wonder what other amazing things I can do that I never thought possible! :) We all can do great things!!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Real nice, Brent. And a truly fine finish to this year's series.
Five wonderful posts, as always. You guys are fantastic!

Thank you, Crown. I did my best to let you take the reigns and ring in the new Season with yet another fine post. Only seven hours remain. I cannot wait!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Thank you so much Brent for an inspired and thoughtful post.
Wishing you all the joy of the season.
Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Festive! It was truly my pleasure. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful start to the Season. In less than five hours, I will be able to wish you those same two magical words. :)

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!

:snowhappycongratulations !!! Well done.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
I'm thinking I better brew another pot. My nieces were here this afternoon and I'm wore out.

Yea...we need you awake for the countdown to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image