Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good night, Xmas365. Thanks for your support and contributions this year!
You're welcome. I love MMC, thank you for keeping the tradition of the Countdown going on strong.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
** CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 DAY 1 **

Good First Christmas Season Morning, Dear Friends.

The Season may be upon us now, but the remaining counts go on!
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 11 (SINGLE DIGITS the day after tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 42 (Six weeks from today, Folks!)

Ah! Six weeks now of nothing but Christmas music and movies.
(Isn't this time of the year just wonderful!!)

Coolish, but properly seasonal weather continues here with no rain.
Feels about right for this time of the year.
It was 30 degrees when I got up this morning but we have since edged up to 32.5 here at this hour.

Have a Super Sunday, and a Fantastic First Day of Christmas Season 2016, Guys!

Six weeks, Crown! So happy the Season is upon us!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good evening, everyone!

A quick post here. Kim and I put up our Christmas Tree and decorations. The apartment looks fantastically festive. This morning, I was thrilled to be able to jump in the car and drive to a workout while listening to Christmas music. The stations haven't switched over yet, I believe one will next week. I may listen to it a bit, but I'm really happy to have my Christmas music on a USB stick in my car. It's a perfect setup! Tomorrow, I'll look even more forward to the drive to Russell knowing that Christmas music will be accompanying me for the next 5 1/2 weeks.

Kim and I are currently watching Home Alone. Tomorrow night, I think, will be Home Alone 2. After that, we'll likely choose a random Christmas movie as much as possible. There are so many to choose from!

Hope you all had a wonderful first day of the Christmas Season!! The magic that surrounds us all year-round is now filling the rest of the world! Merry Christmas, friends!!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

I really wish I could've stayed up for the ringing in the season. It looked like a good time was had by all. We are watching one of our favorite Thanksgiving movies now, Son In Law. Day off tomorrow, I am hoping to get more decorating done. Seems like every day I have planned it something comes up.
I hope you all had a great day, welcome Christmas.

Goodnight, everyone

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good evening ~
My husband and I stopped at Michael's today to look at the Christmas trees. We ended up getting a new one and put it up when we got home. I'm going to hold off on the other trees until after Thanksgiving. The new one will be for my Hallmark ornaments, I'm going to decorate it tomorrow. Can't wait!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I'll see you in the morning!
Here's a picture of the new tree ~

IMG_0046.JPG

MerryMatt

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Good evening ~
My husband and I stopped at Michael's today to look at the Christmas trees. We ended up getting a new one and put it up when we got home. I'm going to hold off on the other trees until after Thanksgiving. The new one will be for my Hallmark ornaments, I'm going to decorate it tomorrow. Can't wait!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I'll see you in the morning!
Here's a picture of the new tree ~

View attachment 33843
Looks awesome! Is that the tree where all the presents will go under?

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
...And we met at a vintage film convention! How 'bout that?

In fact, we just watched a double feature on 16mm: "Perils of Pauline" (1946) and "If I Had My Way" (1940). A great evening!
Not bad at all. I met my wife in an AOL chat room when she was in California and I was stationed in Grand Forks, ND. The whole thing was really surreal.
Have a "Vintage Day" of happiness.
Classic-Movie-Stars.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
That is sad to hear, CGYager.

I see life as like an hourglass. The lower globe is clear but the upper one is opaque. We can see all the grains of our past lives but have no idea how much remains in the upper globe.
Any grain that passes through the neck of the present could be our last, or there could be many more grains left to come. We just don't know.
Enjoy every moment......and take good care of your fagile hourglass!
Thanks for the kind words Crown. My comfort is that the "tent" I now reside in will not compare to the home that is being made "without hands" for me to occupy one day.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Merry Christmas, my dear friends! Couldn't have come at a better time. Our first frost is this morning!

Got the Christmas music on and a nice cup of herbal tea. Cheers to the season and to each of you! May we all have a season filled with love, peace, hope, and lots of joy!
Good "Monday" morning DoYouHear. My best wishes of the season to you and yours. Seems like I slept through Sunday. Oh well, guess I must have needed it. Work meant I missed the "Event" at Midnight Saturday, so here are my Christmas offerings.
Enjoy the day and the week...

Believe in Christmas.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Sunday morning! Did not sleep in much today. Tons of things to do before we can relax this afternoon/evening. I really enjoyed reading about the countdown to midnight. I was out by 9pm, I can never stay up that late it seems. Just reading about it created a lot of excitement for what is to come. And some freaking out to, because it's REALLY close now. Hubby was up very early and stayed in the living room and turned on these special "tape" lights that he got. He's so excited about putting them up around our patio door, like a kid on Christmas morning with this new toy. Wishing everyone a wonderful first official day to the Christmas season and thank you all for being there for everyone.
A happy Monday to you Martine. Luckily I am off today to get a few things done, since I did most of my sleeping yesterday. I had to be at work during the final points of the countdown, but very glad to see the season making it's appearance (like I need a reason to enjoy the spirit of Christmas).
Have a good day and a fun week.
Christmas Blessing.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning ~
Happy Sunday!
Just a quick hello, we are attending a brunch this morning to celebrate my SIL's 50th birthday. I have lots to do before we head out. I will pop back in later today.

I wanted to wish all of you a beautiful and blessed Christmas season <3

View attachment 33822
A very nice Monday morning to you HMG. I hope the birthday celebration was memorable and fun. Let your day and week be filled with cheer and warm thoughts. Have fun...
Christmas Friends.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Up from one heck of a time last night! I love "Ringing in the Season" with you guys! Last night, I got to do it with my little girl sleeping in my lap and my wife watching Christmas Vacation. I say this every year, but it might have been my favorite one!

Coffee is hot, Christmas music is playing, and my heart is full. Merry Christmas, friends...Merry Christmas....
Morning Ballcoach. So glad to hear that many of the MMC community managed to make it to the countdown. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be able to make it.
Have a great day and week...
Christmas Magic.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Merry Christmas Season MMC! Hard to believe but it's HERE! It's begun as they say. I didn't make it to midnight but was in and out a few times. Glad to see everyone had fun when they could be here. Well now it's real so let's enjoy it. I've got some food shopping to do today. TWD big episode tonight and to start off the Christmas season I'm going to put on my favorite Christmas show ever...Rudolph. Great way to ring it in.
Have a great first day of the Christmas season!
A Merry Monday Edge. 6-7 this week so far. The Saints lose on an extra point run back? Unreal. I was at work for the last hour or so of the countdown, but I did see a lot of people hanging in there. Hope the day goes well for you and that you did better than I did.
Grinch Quote.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Some Day One Thoughts:

Well, another fantastic Season count has been completed.
The Special Post series has inspired us.
Last night's real time count entertained us and drew us closer together.
And the final run to Christmas Day has commenced.
(It doesn't get any better than this, Folks. It really doesn't.)

We come here year after year for camaraderie, fun and a commonality of interest within the warm and beloved framework that is Christmas. This dependability is clearly important to us all. A tradition we feel compelled to uphold for all of our sakes. And thank goodness for that!

Thank you so much for counting down with us for yet another year and for the optimism I know will guide us forward here for many years to come.

Now on to Christmas, dear Friends.
Enjoy the next 50 days of Christmas Season 2016 to the fullest and celebrate in style!
Well put Crown. Even though I had to work, it was fun to see so many entering the site in time for the celebration. Have fun and take care...
Christmas Thoughts.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
"There are many things from which I have not profited, I dare say," returned the nephew. "Christmas among the rest,. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round - apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that - as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle though it has put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, "God bless it!" Charles Dickens; A Christmas Carol.

-mistletoe- The Season is upon us!
Very nice Auntie. Outside of the "original" Christmas story, this is my favorite. Have a fun Monday and a great week...
Christmas Tree Wishes.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Sunday morning, and Happy First Day of the Season, Christmas friends!!

I wasn't here last night, sorry, but it likes like an awesome time was had by all! We went shopping and bought our first presents of the season. Then Nancy let me spend an hour walking through the Christmas section at Hobby Lobby and Lowe's. Those department employees know me very well. ;)

We're getting ready now to go to Savannah. The University Singers, of which Jacob is a member, is singing at the 1st Presbyterian Church there, and we're looking forward to it.

I hope y'all have a great First Day of the Season!! :D
-santa dance--merry--noel--season--santa dance-

Good Monday morning Brad. I was absent too from the festivities due to a little something called work... lol. Going to visit a friend this AM and then some work to make up for all the sleep yesterday. Have a great week into this 50 day countdown.
Christmas on the Enterprise.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hi everyone! Merry Christmas Season!!! Most Wonderful time of the year!! Not much going on here today. Mostly going to watch some football and prepare for the upcoming busy school week. Im sure ill check in later!
Greetings Matt. Got most of my NFL updates via replays and updates. Really got to see more of them. Have fun during the week and get edumacated... ;)

santa quotes.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Merry Christmas season, everyone!

Now that the season is here, I made my annual Christmas trip to the garden center. So much gorgeous Christmas stuff, but no place to put more at home, so I just enjoy it there. Couldn't resist buying a smiling Santa mug, though.

Another sign the season is here: I have 27 hand-crocheted warm winter hats to send to Friends of Boston Homeless this year. I make them throughout the summer and fall, when it's to hot to work on afghans, and save them in a pop-up laundry bin. I'm about to pack them up so I can send them out this week. I like to get them in FOBH's hands before Thanksgiving.

And yet another sign of the season: the piano tuner will be here on Saturday doing much of the same, but mine is more a purchase thanfor her annual visit to tune up my spinet that I've had since I was 8. I can't play worth a darn anymore, but I can't resist stumbling through some Christmas tunes this time of year.

My head is spinning. It's Christmastime!
Hello again Merry. So nice of you to do that for the homeless. I know they more than appreciate it, even if you never find out yourself. I love doing much of the same, but mine is more a purchase than something I make (not gifted in that area of life).
Have fun this last full week before "Thanksgiving". All the food bought yet?
It is indeed the Christmas time of year...
The Angels Proclaim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image