Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Monday afternoon, Christmas friends!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post today. I've been trying to get caught up so I can be out of work tomorrow. Elizabeth's One-Act Play goes to region competition tomorrow. I hope they do well!

I think I have a date tonight...with the preacher! LOL We don't attend church in Bellville, ours is a few miles out, but we hang out with the preacher and his family sometimes. He and I talked about going to see Dr. Strange tonight, and now it's turned into dinner & a movie. Nancy and I don't even do that anymore! :p

I hope y'all have a great evening! :D
Howdy Bradmac. Hope all went well yesterday and that the play does well in the region. My best wishes go with her. Have a "Terrific Tuesday".
Peaceful Tuesday.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hi everyone! It seems that everyone posts what they do daily on here so I guess I should start the same haha. Hope everyone has a great day and a very Christmassy day!
Morning Matt. yes, it is a combination of daily life and the excitement of the holiday seasons. Have fun posting and welcome to the MMC world.
Not Enough Coffee.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good evening,

I am tired and sore tonight, I let the younger guys do the turkey work today. I did hams instead, not much better, but they are not as hard as rocks.
I work tomorrow, then have Wednesday and Thursday off.

I voted early last week, so I will avoid the craziness tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone
Good Morning Xmas. I'm a little tired today after my "workout". 23 steel steps up and down the storage area and I have no idea how many trips I made. The thighs and calves feel it though. Reminds me of when I was a lot younger. Have a Terrific Tuesday and an even better day off on Wednesday.
Peanuts.jpg

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good evening,

I am tired and sore tonight, I let the younger guys do the turkey work today. I did hams instead, not much better, but they are not as hard as rocks.
I work tomorrow, then have Wednesday and Thursday off.

I voted early last week, so I will avoid the craziness tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone
One more day and then you get to relax! Smart of you to have voted already. Hope your day goes well without any food-related aches and pains.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
It's going to be another beautiful day, sunny with highs near 65 degrees. I'm glad Election Day is finally here, I'm sure we are all ready to put the 2016 campaign behind us. I'll be heading out to vote with my husband later this morning. I need to do some food shopping afterward. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. I'm really looking forward to the special posts as well. That's about it for me. Wishing everyone a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33610
Happy Tuesday HMG! It's going to get quite warm here as well. Here's hoping the lines won't be too long when you go vote. Have a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Tuesday!

I am so cold. We are in upper 20s with a hard frost. Warnings issued for snow later. We'll see. Seems like Winter has arrived.

How are you guys? I hope you are all coping with the election drama over there :)

I have started my Christmas shopping :) Only one thing bought but still it's a start!

Well I have to dash. Have a wonderful day!
View attachment 33612
Brrrr that's cold temperatures you are having. Not ready for that yet, and not ready for snow either. Doesn't it feel great to have started your Christmas shopping? I'll be starting tomorrow with Lindt chocolates in 24 flavours for our advent calendar and some stocking stuffers. Enjoy your day Festive!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Tuesday Morning MMC! Happy Election Day. I think no matter who we vote for we can all agree that everyone at MMC votes for the upcoming Christmas season. I am glad it's over after tonight as I have gotten tired of reading about it and hearing about it since 95% of it has been negativity. I have a regular work day today and each day I'm really getting my mind more and more into Thanksgiving. Starting to plan it and prepare for it slowly but surely. A beautiful day here today with sunshine and low 60s. Can't ask for nicer November weather. Have a great day!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday Morning MMC! Happy Election Day. I think no matter who we vote for we can all agree that everyone at MMC votes for the upcoming Christmas season. I am glad it's over after tonight as I have gotten tired of reading about it and hearing about it since 95% of it has been negativity. I have a regular work day today and each day I'm really getting my mind more and more into Thanksgiving. Starting to plan it and prepare for it slowly but surely. A beautiful day here today with sunshine and low 60s. Can't ask for nicer November weather. Have a great day!
Are you hosting family for Thanksgiving or going to someone's? That can make a big difference in all the planning. I'm happy as well that the election is coming to an end today, because even here in Canada, we kept hearing about it and how bad the race has been. Have a great November day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!
Beautifully said Christmasstar.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Brrrr that's cold temperatures you are having. Not ready for that yet, and not ready for snow either. Doesn't it feel great to have started your Christmas shopping? I'll be starting tomorrow with Lindt chocolates in 24 flavours for our advent calendar and some stocking stuffers. Enjoy your day Festive!
It does feel good to have started. You are so right. I love Lindt chcoclate. My favourite!
I still need to get our advent calendars in. Good luck with stocking stuffers. Have a merry day!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

How exciting is that !!!

Lets get started !!!
Thank you star! (((Hugs)))

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Have a lovely day. Sounds like you are having lovely weather. Enjoy while you still can.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning Edge. Great day here as well. Not quite as warm, but I'll take the upper 50s this time of year. Glad to see the election end as well. I will head out in a couple of hours to do my citizen thing. I'm getting ready for turkey day too. It is going to be so nice with five days off. Enjoy your work day, mine does not start for another 16 hours.
Pooh Tuesday.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD

How exciting is that !!!

Lets get started !!!
To all that, all I can say is Amen.
Have a funtastic day...
Have-A-Terrific-Tuesday.jpg

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Morning Edge. Great day here as well. Not quite as warm, but I'll take the upper 50s this time of year. Glad to see the election end as well. I will head out in a couple of hours to do my citizen thing. I'm getting ready for turkey day too. It is going to be so nice with five days off. Enjoy your work day, mine does not start for another 16 hours.
View attachment 33624
Are you counting down the days until you have time off for Thanksgiving? What a perfect way to enjoy the holiday. Lots of preparations left I'm sure. Have a great day ahead!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Are you counting down the days until you have time off for Thanksgiving? What a perfect way to enjoy the holiday. Lots of preparations left I'm sure. Have a great day ahead!
Morning Martine. Counting down has been one of my hallmarks (if you will) for most of my life. Some more enjoyable than others, like counting down to Thanksgiving and Christmas. In fact many of my fellow workers will often pass me by and ask... "How many days till Christmas?" (even in January). The other big one for me is hitting 66, which will be in 3 years, 4 months and 20 days. At that point (the good Lord willing), I will head into the world of part-time. But for now it all keeps me going.
Have fun and a Terrific Tuesday...

Blessed Tuesday.jpg

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Good Morning, Everybody!

And so the most exciting 6 days of our countdown begins.
Five days of the Special Post Series, capped on Sunday by the start of Christmas Season 2016.
(Hold on tight -- REAL tight -- to your Santa caps, Folks!)

The numbers and the Special Post schedule:
Days to the Season: 5 (WOW!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 16 (2 WEEKS, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 47 (Just about a month and a half left!)

And the Special Post Series schedule:
Today (Day 5 before the Season) = Christmasstar (Already posted!! Scroll up.)
Tomorrow (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger
November 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
November 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

(Here we go, Friends!)

Chilly but seasonal weather in these parts. Feels fitting as we approach the start of the Season, with plenty of sun and no predicted rain.
Our current temperature reading is 41 degrees here in the capital city of N.C. and the skies are bright and sunny.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Stupendous Special Post Start, Everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image