Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!
Beautiful, Star! Thank you for sharing and happy 9th anniversary!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Are you hosting family for Thanksgiving or going to someone's? That can make a big difference in all the planning. I'm happy as well that the election is coming to an end today, because even here in Canada, we kept hearing about it and how bad the race has been. Have a great November day!
Pretty much just my immediate family and a friend that comes over every year. Yeah I'm glad it's over tonight. Have a good day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Edge. Great day here as well. Not quite as warm, but I'll take the upper 50s this time of year. Glad to see the election end as well. I will head out in a couple of hours to do my citizen thing. I'm getting ready for turkey day too. It is going to be so nice with five days off. Enjoy your work day, mine does not start for another 16 hours.
View attachment 33624
I've got 5 days off too for Thanksgiving (well 4.5 technically). I leave at noon on the Wednesday and am off till Monday. I know you're excited for Turkey Day as much as I am.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Good Morning, Everybody!

And so the most exciting 6 days or our countdown begins.
Five days of the Special Post Series, capped on Sunday by the start of Christmas Season 2016.
(Hold on tight -- REAL tight -- to your Santa caps, Folks!)

The numbers and the Special Post schedule:
Days to the Season: 5 (WOW!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 16 (2 WEEKS, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 47 (Just about a month and a half left!)

And the Special Post Series schedule:
Today (Day 5 before the Season) = Christmasstar (Already posted!! Scroll up.)
Tomorrow (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger
November 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
November 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

(Here we go, Friends!)

Chilly but seasonal weather in these parts. Feels fitting as we approach the start of the Season, with plenty of sun and no predicted rain.
Our current temperature reading is 41 degrees here in the capital city of N.C. and the skies are bright and sunny.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Stupendous Special Post Start, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Nice to see the special posts begin today!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good morning friends. Waiting in line to vote as I type this, and this is one long line (which I'm grateful for...love seeing folks exercise that right).
Have a great day!
All done here. I find it odd that they have to inform the military to stand down and not let their beliefs cloud their judgements...lol gunna be crazy

FrostyKnowsBest

Reindeer Rocketeer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2015
Michigan
www.mixcloud.com
Morning all! Happy election day! I voted absentee so I don't need to worry about the lines. Hopefully after today my facebook feed goes back to normal, I've grown tired of seeing the pro this one/anti that one stuff all over it. Today is also the day that half of my friends will be moving to Canada, no matter which candidate wins half will move lol. :p

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday!!! "Happy" Election Day!

I rec'd our LTD order yesterday. It was like Christmas. So much fun!!! :gifty6:giftdude

Other than that, not much going on around here. I should be shopping with my neighbor ladies today, but I'm missing it this year! 1st one I've missed in a long time! :( I saw them all gathering at the neighbors this morning - made it hard to come to work. Ah well. We are busy here between the new software & the new job the guys are working on, I didn't feel right taking off today. Bummer. I'll be taking off to go shopping with my friend in a few weeks, and I'll be off a half day for candy day with my sisters! And I'm off between the holidays & they are very nice letting me come in late the mornings I stay with mom, so I can't complain! ;)

Everyone, have a wonderful Tuesday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Monday afternoon, Christmas friends!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post today. I've been trying to get caught up so I can be out of work tomorrow. Elizabeth's One-Act Play goes to region competition tomorrow. I hope they do well!

I think I have a date tonight...with the preacher! LOL We don't attend church in Bellville, ours is a few miles out, but we hang out with the preacher and his family sometimes. He and I talked about going to see Dr. Strange tonight, and now it's turned into dinner & a movie. Nancy and I don't even do that anymore! :p

I hope y'all have a great evening! :D
Good luck to Elizabeth today/tonight!! Hope they do well! (I have no doubt they will!)

LOL - hope you had a great "date night" last night. Too funny! Have a good day Brad.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hi everyone! It seems that everyone posts what they do daily on here so I guess I should start the same haha. Hope everyone has a great day and a very Christmassy day!
Morning Matt! Hope you are having a great & Christmassy Tuesday!!! -smile-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you so much, I appreciate the thoughts & prayers. I hope to get the results in a day or two. I will definitely keep all of you posted <3

Continued prayers for you & sweet Maggie!! xx

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning all! Happy election day! I voted absentee so I don't need to worry about the lines. Hopefully after today my facebook feed goes back to normal, I've grown tired of seeing the pro this one/anti that one stuff all over it. Today is also the day that half of my friends will be moving to Canada, no matter which candidate wins half will move lol. :p
Morning Frosty. One of the many reasons I don't even use Facebook... way too much unwanted stuff.
Have a great Tuesday...

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Evening all. Well "everything" for the zoo decorations are down from the storage area. Looks to be around 20 trees, besides wreaths, inflatables and many other decorations will be making their appearance very shortly. That (plus being up since 2AM) resulted in an afternoon nap. Time now for the hut and DVR viewing of Hawaii Five-0. I'll catch the MNF game later on.
Have a fun evening and a peaceful sleep...
View attachment 33581
That sounds like such FUN!!! I hope you have some help putting that all up. LOL!
Have a great day CGY!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday!!! "Happy" Election Day!

I rec'd our LTD order yesterday. It was like Christmas. So much fun!!! :gifty6:giftdude

Other than that, not much going on around here. I should be shopping with my neighbor ladies today, but I'm missing it this year! 1st one I've missed in a long time! :( I saw them all gathering at the neighbors this morning - made it hard to come to work. Ah well. We are busy here between the new software & the new job the guys are working on, I didn't feel right taking off today. Bummer. I'll be taking off to go shopping with my friend in a few weeks, and I'll be off a half day for candy day with my sisters! And I'm off between the holidays & they are very nice letting me come in late the mornings I stay with mom, so I can't complain! ;)

Everyone, have a wonderful Tuesday!
Your employer is very flexible with your schedule, I like that. We have a lot of students working at the store and it's only once they leave for another employer that they realize how good they had it in our company with regards to scheduling. They need time off to prepare for exams or they can only work 2 small shifts per week, we do it. We also adapt our schedules for "older" employees as well (ex: 2 employees at the age of retirement only work 4h per week, or one takes two months off in the Wintertime so she doesn't have to drive in the snow). I don't know a lot of retail companies who do that for their employees. One of the reasons I'm still there after 18 years.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a candy day. You use that time to make or buy candy? Either way, sounds good to me.

Have a great day and hugs to Gracie :)

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
That sounds like such FUN!!! I hope you have some help putting that all up. LOL!
Have a great day CGY!
Actually, I did all the hauling and many of the other volunteers will do the actual decorating. They just needed someone who's main job is to... "pick things up and put them down." :cool:
Enjoy this Terrific Tuesday...

252646-Good-Morning-Tuesday.jpg

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!
Well said! Let the celebration begin! (It's been under way here all year!)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

I am tired and sore tonight, I let the younger guys do the turkey work today. I did hams instead, not much better, but they are not as hard as rocks.
I work tomorrow, then have Wednesday and Thursday off.

I voted early last week, so I will avoid the craziness tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone
I hope you aren't too sore today & you can re-coop & enjoy the next 2 days!!! Good luck!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Goodnight everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes for my grandma. Sorry I wasn't able to reply individually. It was a very busy day but she enjoyed
Glad to hear she had a great birthday! Merry Tuesday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
It's going to be another beautiful day, sunny with highs near 65 degrees. I'm glad Election Day is finally here, I'm sure we are all ready to put the 2016 campaign behind us. I'll be heading out to vote with my husband later this morning. I need to do some food shopping afterward. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. I'm really looking forward to the special posts as well. That's about it for me. Wishing everyone a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33610
Good morning HMG!! I hope you don't have too long of a voting line today! I'm planning to vote on my lunch! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image