Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
A very good (and early) morning to all the MMC community. I'm doing my first post now at lunch for a really good reason... tonight is the Chicago / Earth, Wind & Fire concert with my wife. So, as soon as I get home this morning (3 hours & 7 minutes from now), I'm headed into dreamland so I do not fall asleep during the performances. If I get the opportunity, I will check back in after it is over. I'm not sure how long it will last.
It is a Fantastic Friday and I hope everyone has an exceptional day.

View attachment 33713

View attachment 33714

Happy Friday CGYager, enjoy the concert tonight!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Friday,

It is a little scary that we are almost mid way through November!

I hope you guys are enjoying the lead up to Thanksgiving and your plans are going smoothly.

While I was tucking my youngest in bed last night he said Momma, tomorrow is a special day. I asked him why is that thinking it was something to do with school. He then goes on to tell me how we have to remember the soldiers who died. I was so touched that he understands the importance at only 5yrs.
Just had to share that :)

View attachment 33715

Have a great day everyone.

Merry Friday Festive ~
That's so sweet about your son, I love it.
Wishing you a wonderful day!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!

Thank you for these beautiful words NCG. I am glad to be here with you!! Thank you for your service!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Friday Morning MMC! TGIF! Happy Veteran's Day and thanks to all of those who served. I am here having my breakfast and getting excited as I'm off Monday so a classic 3 day weekend. I know Rollins will be happy with that. Our Christmas Season begins this weekend. Just unbelievable but exciting beyond belief. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great start to the weekend.

Happy Friday Edge, enjoy your three day weekend! :)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
A very good (and early) morning to all the MMC community. I'm doing my first post now at lunch for a really good reason... tonight is the Chicago / Earth, Wind & Fire concert with my wife. So, as soon as I get home this morning (3 hours & 7 minutes from now), I'm headed into dreamland so I do not fall asleep during the performances. If I get the opportunity, I will check back in after it is over. I'm not sure how long it will last.
It is a Fantastic Friday and I hope everyone has an exceptional day.

View attachment 33713

View attachment 33714
Have a great time at the show tonight!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Friday,

It is a little scary that we are almost mid way through November!

I hope you guys are enjoying the lead up to Thanksgiving and your plans are going smoothly.

While I was tucking my youngest in bed last night he said Momma, tomorrow is a special day. I asked him why is that thinking it was something to do with school. He then goes on to tell me how we have to remember the soldiers who died. I was so touched that he understands the importance at only 5yrs.
Just had to share that :)

View attachment 33715

Have a great day everyone.
Very touching thoughts from a 5-year-old.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Thank you for such heart felt words DW :) Wishing all the joy of season.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Special Post

Beautiful post DYHWIH, thank you! Wishing you a blessed and joyous Christmas season <3

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday Morning MMC! TGIF! Happy Veteran's Day and thanks to all of those who served. I am here having my breakfast and getting excited as I'm off Monday so a classic 3 day weekend. I know Rollins will be happy with that. Our Christmas Season begins this weekend. Just unbelievable but exciting beyond belief. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great start to the weekend.
I'm sure the three days off will allow you to fully enjoy the start of the Holiday season even more. Anything planned? Enjoy your Friday and the long weekend ahead.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Special Post

Beautiful thoughts and so true for many of us who sometime struggle to get into the Christmas spirit and get overwhelmed with "life". Thank you for sharing DYHWIH.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Merry Friday!
Typical day for me, I have a couple of errands to run and I'll be working on my daily chores. I also have to go to the car dealer later tonight with my husband, my lease is up soon. I'm probably just going to end up getting the new model of what I'm driving now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we're not there too long.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

IMG_9959.JPG

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! I had a somewhat restful night for once, was even woken up by the alarm which never happens. Strong winds and rain overnight and it's going to stay quite cold today. I have some shopping to do and more cleaning around the appartment. Yesterday I started to organize our dvds and did some de-cluttering of the hallway closet. Hope everyone will have a great day!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
I seemed to have lost my Alerts from yesterday. So a big Thank You to everyone who liked my Day 3 Post!! And a big Happy Veterans Day to everyone!!
We are so close to the season I can almost smell the cookies baking..lol As a side note here.....Last night I assembled my new train set to see how big it would be around the tree..ughh its enormous. Might have to buy another house with a bigger livingroom.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Merry Friday!
Typical day for me, I have a couple of errands to run and I'll be working on my daily chores. I also have to go to the car dealer later tonight with my husband, my lease is up soon. I'm probably just going to end up getting the new model of what I'm driving now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we're not there too long.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

View attachment 33744
What do you drive currently? I am one to simply stick with what I know and what works, less hassle. Wishing you a quick and "painless" visit at the dealership and a great day as well.

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Good evening Snowflake. I hope your efforts in the Nativity set came out well. I have something like that. My grandmother left me an old church with one of those wind up, single note at a time, players (it plays Silent Night). A few years back, I gave it a new coat of paint and some snow sprinkles. There is a very memorable moment associated with it.
Have a peaceful night and I hope things at work have calmed down some.

Thanks, CGYager~
It's coming along beautifully. The only thing left to do is illuminate the interior of it, and it'll be all set. It was my grandparents, so there's a lot of sentimental value to it.
Your church sounds lovely, I'm sure you cherish it.

Not much has changed at work, we are still looking to fill positions. The resumes are coming in, but without any experience or long term employment behind them.
One positive thing is that we've filled up available rentals, so not so many showings at once. We can rest a little easier for a few days at least.

Hope you have a blessed Friday~

Good evening,

I was able to get some decorating done today, all the indoor lights and garland is up.
I go back to work in the morning, these 2 days off went way too fast.

I finally was able to get the sleigh to my house I was talking about a few years ago, it is in rough shape but I am hoping to restore it to its former glory at some point.
Here it is:

Here is our newer "sleigh" we picked up last week:

I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone

The sleigh is magical! Have fun restoring it.

Congrats on your new ride!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Thanks, CGYager~
It's coming along beautifully. The only thing left to do is illuminate the interior of it, and it'll be all set. It was my grandparents, so there's a lot of sentimental value to it.
Your church sounds lovely, I'm sure you cherish it.

Not much has changed at work, we are still looking to fill positions. The resumes are coming in, but without any experience or long term employment behind them.
One positive thing is that we've filled up available rentals, so not so many showings at once. We can rest a little easier for a few days at least.

Hope you have a blessed Friday~

The sleigh is magical! Have fun restoring it.

Congrats on your new ride!
That's some good news that the rentals have filled up, you can breathe some. It's always so hard when you're short-staffed, there's only so much the remaining employees can do. Hang in there and hope you find strong new hires soon.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Good Morning, Everybody!

WOW, but we are so incredibly close now to Christmas Season 2016!!

The scary (but exciting) numbers:
Days to the Season: 2 (THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 13 (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS, NOW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 44 (Closing in on six weeks!)
(About time to locate those Christmas albums and movies, don't you think? )

The remainig Special Post Series:
Today (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear (Already posted above. Scroll up!)
Tomorrow (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
Sunday (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Coolish weather continues but with adequate sun and little wind, it feels warmer than it is.
Today should see us almost to 70 before we drop back into the 50's for highs again for the weekend and the start of the Season.
Right now, we are settled in at a chilly but sunny 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And thoroughly enjoy this final Weekend Eve before the Season commences!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image