Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)

Real good special post, DYHWIH. And with such a nice personal touch.
Good job.

FrostyKnowsBest

Reindeer Rocketeer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2015
Michigan
www.mixcloud.com
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Absolutely beautiful and so true!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm sure the three days off will allow you to fully enjoy the start of the Holiday season even more. Anything planned? Enjoy your Friday and the long weekend ahead.
Yeah it's a good way to kick off the season. Going to the mall to start getting ideas for the craziness starts besides some errands and some relaxation.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Good Morning, Everybody!

WOW, but we are so incredibly close now to Christmas Season 2016!!

The scary (but exciting) numbers:
Days to the Season: 2 (THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 13 (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS, NOW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 44 (Closing in on six weeks!)
(About time to locate those Christmas albums and movies, don't you think? )

The remainig Special Post Series:
Today (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear (Already posted above. Scroll up!)
Tomorrow (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
Sunday (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Coolish weather continues but with adequate sun and little wind, it feels warmer than it is.
Today should see us almost to 70 before we drop back into the 50's for highs again for the weekend and the start of the Season.
Right now, we are settled in at a chilly but sunny 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And thoroughly enjoy this final Weekend Eve before the Season commences!
Thanks Crown! Christmas season weekend is approaching!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Special Post

DYHWIY, what a wonderful post! It is almost time to celebrate! All the best to you and your enjoyment of this Christmas Season!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday! And Happy Veterans Day to all our US friends & Happy Remembrance day to all our Canadian friends! Thanks to all who have served & those currently serving!

I had a good time with the girls last night. Most of our hubby's crashed our party too, but we didn't hear much from them all night. Girls on this side, boys on that side. Ha ha! ;) Didn't get home til midnight & then had to play with my Gracie girl for a bit, so I'm a little sleepy today but not too bad....IT'S FRIDAY!!! :D

Everyone, have a Fabulous Friday!!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Friday All...another week gone!! How did that happen?? I am off from work today and it is my husband's b-day so tonight we are going out for hibachi with the kids. My youngest daughter has her first basketball game tomorrow at 1. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend. Have a great day and weekend!
Also a special thanks to all the Veterans!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you! ;)
Glad to hear that Gracie & Jim are well!
Hope he has a nice day off tomorrow.
Hope Emma gets well soon, a classic movie & Hot Toddy are just what the doctor ordered. Bing does have an amazing voice. Looks fun!
Enjoy your night!

Good morning snowflake! Wish I had today off....but I only work until noon, so it's not too bad at all! ;)
I think Emma may have shared her cough with me!! Better me than Mom! ;)
Hope your Friday is off to a good start!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Evening, MMC~
Thinking of you all, wishing many blessings.
I have been working on an old family nativity set, it hasn't been displayed for many years. But, it's time! It's so beautiful.
Have a blessed night!

How awesome that you have an old family nativity set. I'm sure you are excited to see it displayed again! I bet your house is looking so festive & beautiful!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello everyone. My weekend starts tonight. Y'all have a good one!
Yippee!!! Enjoy your long weekend!! Are you decorating? :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Howdy Edge. I always have Sundays and Mondays off, which is especially nice during the football season. Most of the "stuff" I need for Thanksgiving is here. Just got to check off that list (twice.. ;)) before it gets here.
Browns are leading at the half? WOW!!
Didn't last long. :mad::eek::(

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

I was able to get some decorating done today, all the indoor lights and garland is up.
I go back to work in the morning, these 2 days off went way too fast.

I finally was able to get the sleigh to my house I was talking about a few years ago, it is in rough shape but I am hoping to restore it to its former glory at some point.
Here it is:

Here is our newer "sleigh" we picked up last week:

I hope you all had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone
Love the old & the new sleigh!
Days off always go too fast. o_O

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Special Post

Lovely heartfelt post, Dyhwih. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image