Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Everyone, have a wonderful Veterans Day weekend!!! I'm going to try to log on to read the special posts, but tomorrow will be a busy day. I'm meeting the lake girls to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow morning. There is a German Family Christmas going on in a nearby town, also the Christmas open house at my favorite craft barn! :) This all happens to be right on the way to my future nieces bridal shower so I will go there on my way home....and then the Buckeyes play at 3:30! Whew! All good stuff though!

Take care everyone!!!

Sounds like a great weekend ahead!!! Enjoy!!!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far....Its been a Dry/Chilly day here today Brrrrrrrrrr....Today it was -2:shiver....Its Friday!!!!!!!!...Holidays!!!!!!!!.....Woooo-Hoooo....Tonite its Fish and Chips and mush peas MMMmmm also i extra large glass of wine since i am on 2 weeks vacation:sway...........Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend ahead christmas friends+b
Vacation? Well that is perfect you can start your christmas decorating then!!
Enjoy dinner and wine!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good afternoon, everyone!

I hope you all found time to enjoy Remembrance/Veterans Day and pay respects to those that have honoured your country. I did not get to the National War Memorial for the Remembrance Day ceremony. It was the first time I missed it in about five years. Instead, I received a call to teach with the Catholic School Board. The school also put on a beautiful Remembrance Day ceremony that allowed me to pay my respects. Thus far, the students have been pretty good, and there is only about 30 minutes left in their school day, which means that the weekend is oh so close!

Obviously, I am very much looking forward to this weekend. Today, I have a gym to visit. Tomorrow, I have my usual Saturday runaround stuff with Kim. Then, of course, we have one of the most magical nights of the year. A day that we have been counting down to all year will finally arrive at the stroke of midnight. I can't wait to countdown with you all in real time. It will be yet another special experience!

Well, I should return to the students. They seem to be getting a little off-task. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Friday. The weekend that rings in the Christmas Season is nearly here!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Hello and Happy Friday!

I've been cranking on my day off. It's taken me 4 hours to record 30 minutes of radio time! I'll have to get cranking even more if I expect to complete an hour or two in time for the Santa Tracking broadcast. Maybe the next session will be more productive now that I have a handle on what I'm doing. This year I have a mic that allows me to record directly into the computer, so that's a little more efficient. Last year I had several free days to devote to it, but not this year! Maybe I can get some more work done over the weekend. Right now I want to have a bite to eat and relax a bit.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Sounds like a relaxing night with your sweet girl(s)!
Enjoy! :D

Happy Friday and vacation, buddy!
Mmmm, fish & chips :)
Have a great weekend and holiday!!!
-lights-

Have an awesome, Christmassy weekend!
-glitterstocking-
Thanks Buddy...Good to see you on the countdown Snowflake22 (((Huggs)))....Hope you guys have a merry evening ahead and weekend buddy-holidays-

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Hope that one last work day just flies by and you get to enjoy a great two weeks off! That's what I'm in the middle of right now and it feels great to recharge before the hectic Holidays begin.

Thank you Martine...Its nice to chill out and relax before it gets hectic...I am gonna do as little as possible over the next too weeks...Its a bit of Meeeeeeee time lol-holidays-

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)
I went though a few years after my husband left me to raise our 3 children on my own. Those years the only reason we had any Christmas is because I had to do it for my kids. The tree went up a couple of days before Christmas and down on boxing day. I just could not bear to face the holiday. Like you it was so hard to find that Christmas spirit.
It slowly came back as well as a deep healing of my heart.
Now Christmas is once again the most wonderful time of the year for me.
Thank you for a wonderful post, many ((((HUGS))))) go out to you. You will make it !

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I went though a few years after my husband left me to raise our 3 children on my own. Those years the only reason we had any Christmas is because I had to do it for my kids. The tree went up a couple of days before Christmas and down on boxing day. I just could not bear to face the holiday. Like you it was so hard to find that Christmas spirit.
It slowly came back as well as a deep healing of my heart.
Now Christmas is once again the most wonderful time of the year for me.
Thank you for a wonderful post, many ((((HUGS))))) go out to you. You will make it !
Bless your heart for having the courage and faith to go through that and come out the wonderful person you are. (((HUG)))

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
You all are so kind and encouraging. It's made me smile to read all of your posts today. SO glad to be a part of the MMC community!

I am about to crash-running my very first HALF MARATHON tomorrow morning in 32 degree (0 degrees C!!!) weather! WOOOO!

Have a wonderful evening dear Christmas ones!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
What do you drive currently? I am one to simply stick with what I know and what works, less hassle. Wishing you a quick and "painless" visit at the dealership and a great day as well.

Good luck at the dealership tonight HMG! I hope it's quick & painless! Have a great day!

Happy Friday, HmG!
Hope you find the perfect car for you, and a great deal too.
Have a great day!
xo

Thank you so much ~
I ended up meeting my husband at the dealer this afternoon, we should have the new car early next week. We've been buying cars from this particular dealer for years so thankfully it went smoothly.
Martine I drive the Lincoln MKX, it's their crossover model. I used to have a big SUV but I scaled down after the girls started driving. The crossover is a good happy medium.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Friday All...another week gone!! How did that happen?? I am off from work today and it is my husband's b-day so tonight we are going out for hibachi with the kids. My youngest daughter has her first basketball game tomorrow at 1. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend. Have a great day and weekend!
Also a special thanks to all the Veterans!

Happy Birthday to your hubby, have fun celebrating!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
You all are so kind and encouraging. It's made me smile to read all of your posts today. SO glad to be a part of the MMC community!

I am about to crash-running my very first HALF MARATHON tomorrow morning in 32 degree (0 degrees C!!!) weather! WOOOO!

Have a wonderful evening dear Christmas ones!
Layers are your friends in that kind of weather. Amazing that you will be running a half-marathon! Much success!

MerryMatt

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Hope everyone had an awesome Friday! Today was a pretty good day, the high was about 62 so not too bad at all. My Comp II class got cancelled so I got to come home from class early and relax. My buddies I have a ton of extra meal plan money and theres a steakhouse on campus so we went there for lunch! After lunch I took a huge nap (what else would you expect from a college kid). No idea what we will do tonight, but I definetly need to get to the gym. Probably gonna FaceTime my girlfriend as she is four hours away. Well hope everyone had an awesome day and If i dont check back in soon, a good weekend!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Thank you so much ~
I ended up meeting my husband at the dealer this afternoon, we should have the new car early next week. We've been buying cars from this particular dealer for years so thankfully it went smoothly.
Martine I drive the Lincoln MKX, it's their crossover model. I used to have a big SUV but I scaled down after the girls started driving. The crossover is a good happy medium.
Happy for you that everything was sorted out easily at the dealership and that you'll get your car next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image