MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning,

Today is going to be a fun day. My wife and I are actually getting to go out this afternoon! We are dropping Henry off with grandma and grandpa around 3 today. Then, we are going to a comic book store, antique mall, nice Chinese restaurant, and then we are going to see La La Land. Excited to be kid free for a night!

Everyone have a great day!

Hope you and your wife have fun!!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Sounds like a fun day. What kind of comics do you enjoy?

I am a DC and independent fan. I like the New 52 comics quite a bit. I also like the Batman '66 (based on the old Adam West Batman). The newer Lone Ranger comics by Dynamite are really good too. I have a bunch of old Sgt. Rock and The Nam comics as well. My wife is really into comics too. She reads a lot of graphic novels and steampunk type comics. One of our hobbies is cosplay, we go to ComicCons and dress up. Sometimes the whole family is involved and sometimes it is just my wife and I.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!!! Its going to be a cold windy day here in central Indy. So I think I'll stay bundled up inside. I started packing up my Santas the other day and will probably do some more today. I'll probably need to get another tote for the ones I bought this year. Then I'll have to figure out where to store it too. My trees will stay up until Monday. I also have a whole case of bananas that my aunt brought home from work and gave to me tthat I need to do something with. I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning,

Today is going to be a fun day. My wife and I are actually getting to go out this afternoon! We are dropping Henry off with grandma and grandpa around 3 today. Then, we are going to a comic book store, antique mall, nice Chinese restaurant, and then we are going to see La La Land. Excited to be kid free for a night!

Everyone have a great day!
You have a cool wife, letting you go to a comic book store on your date night!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Today I only work from 6 to 10 because I worked an extra 3 hours yesterday for a Co worker so she is taking 3 hours of my shift today. It works out since today is my grandmas surgery. I will do some picking up around the house and putting some gifts away. Have a great day
I hope your Grandma's surgery is quick and successful!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Well, things quickly got out of hand for little Bambina today. In about an hour, her fever jumped up to 104 and we had to rush to the doctor. It's not flu, strep, or pneumonia....but they still aren't sure. Trying a couple of different things to see if it breaks the fever. If not, we have to go back in 48 hours. At that point, I would guess they might admit her (that's just my guess). If you don't mind, could you say a little prayer for her tonight?

Praying for Bambina, Coach. (((HUGS)))

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, MMC!!! Its going to be a cold windy day here in central Indy. So I think I'll stay bundled up inside. I started packing up my Santas the other day and will probably do some more today. I'll probably need to get another tote for the ones I bought this year. Then I'll have to figure out where to store it too. My trees will stay up until Monday. I also have a whole case of bananas that my aunt brought home from work and gave to me tthat I need to do something with. I hope everyone is having a great day!!!
My Grandad would be making banana brandy!!!lol

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning ~
My goodness, this week is flying by. Can't believe the New Year is upon us. My husband is on vacation so I've been spending lots of time with him and the girls. I've been popping in here and there to read the countdown thread but I haven't had a chance to reply to any posts. I hope you are all doing well and that you had a very Merry Christmas. We had an extra special one this year, my oldest daughter got engaged! It was a beautiful, magical and romantic Christmas proposal. She was totally surprised and of course she said yes. Her fiancé is amazing and I'm so thankful that he included us. I'll post a picture of the "Marry Me" sign, it was hung in the gazebo in our backyard. I'm going to head over to FB soon to post a few more pictures if anyone wants to see. I hope to be around more next week as we will be getting back to our normal routine. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Hugs and prayers <3

View attachment 35218

Aw, that is wonderful, HmG! Congratulations to your daughter and her husband-to-be!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Friday!

Just puttering around the house today. Took the week off to relax and get some projects done. Not making much headway on the projects, but I am relaxing. :)

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
I am a DC and independent fan. I like the New 52 comics quite a bit. I also like the Batman '66 (based on the old Adam West Batman). The newer Lone Ranger comics by Dynamite are really good too. I have a bunch of old Sgt. Rock and The Nam comics as well. My wife is really into comics too. She reads a lot of graphic novels and steampunk type comics. One of our hobbies is cosplay, we go to ComicCons and dress up. Sometimes the whole family is involved and sometimes it is just my wife and I.
Very cool. I still have some of my older comics and several Omnibus HC books for the 60's Marvel and DC superheroes. Many of these I use to have, but the value is way out of reach now and naturally if I even had them, I would not want to open and read them. My favorites... Batman, Teen Titans, Captain America, Spider-man, Thor, Sgt Fury and Conan the Barbarian. Of course I had a lot more (and still do). Favorite artists... Jack "The King" Kirby, Steranko, Barry Smith, Bucema and Jusko.
Been to a few Cons, but never dressed up.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Very cool. I still have some of my older comics and several Omnibus HC books for the 60's Marvel and DC superheroes. Many of these I use to have, but the value is way out of reach now and naturally if I even had them, I would not want to open and read them. My favorites... Batman, Teen Titans, Captain America, Spider-man, Thor, Sgt Fury and Conan the Barbarian. Of course I had a lot more (and still do). Favorite artists... Jack "The King" Kirby, Steranko, Barry Smith, Bucema and Jusko.
Been to a few Cons, but never dressed up.

We have a decent sized collection of comics, and ever-growing. I have a great two-book hardback set of the first several years of Captain America comics. I do enjoy the old Conan the Barbarian comics as well. Sgt. Rock has always been one of my favorites. I also like the old west comics such as Wyatt Earp.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
We have a decent sized collection of comics, and ever-growing. I have a great two-book hardback set of the first several years of Captain America comics. I do enjoy the old Conan the Barbarian comics as well. Sgt. Rock has always been one of my favorites. I also like the old west comics such as Wyatt Earp.
Never read Wyatt, but I do have a few Ghost Rider (Western), Two-Gun Kid, Kid Colt and Zorro (Topps). Always cracks me up when a very attractive lady shows up to boost the sales, such as Lady Rawhide in the Zorro series. Speaking of which I forgot to mention Vampirella, but I liked her better when she was a visitor from an alien world (B&W Warren) rather than the way Harris comics decided to make her (like a cheap version of Lady Death). Ah well, time and tastes change I suppose. One good thing about past comics (and movies), they cannot charge the way they were... ;)

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Banana brandy EXISTS? I love anything banana. Banana Runts, banana marsh mellows, banana pop (drank one today), banana bread etc. Now, can you buy said brandy in a store? I'm not a big drinker, maybe 1 or 2 drinks a year, however I would not mind having a bottle of this around the house. Thanks in advance.
Lol!! It can be bought. But his always come from a shed..lol!! Enuf said!!..lol

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Today I only work from 6 to 10 because I worked an extra 3 hours yesterday for a Co worker so she is taking 3 hours of my shift today. It works out since today is my grandmas surgery. I will do some picking up around the house and putting some gifts away. Have a great day

Hope your grandma's surgery goes well :)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks, I'll bookmark that!

I've long associated the Marx Brothers with New Year's Eve. In my teens I was a huge Marx Bros. fan, and always enjoyed the local TV station's Marx Bros. marathon on New Year's Eve. At Halloween, I used to dress as Harpo and play the character ... I didn't speak. It was huge fun, because people began to treat me as though I really were Harpo!

And this Christmas I got a thick, meticulously researched book about the Marx Bros.' stage appearances, from their vaudeville days through their film scene tours and wartime tours. Very interesting, because it debunks a lot of old myths and introduces some previously unknown info. And with your YouTube link, Minnie's boys are following me around just now!

Yes, like the belief that Harpo couldn't talk at all. We know better. Sounds like an awesome and thoughtful gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image