Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Sounds like us! We have numerous DVDs and Blu-rays that we've picked up on sale and that we've received as gifts that we haven't seen yet. And we got another bunch for Christmas! We're movie buffs who know movie buffs, so that's what we frequently get (and give) as Christmas gifts.
My friend bought me the complete Southpark series plus movies. Its a huge dvd set

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Definitely going to watch more Christmas shows throughout the year in the "off-sesaon." I have too many to watch all in December.
I have some that I only watch in the off time. (Well what you consider off time..lol)
For some reason over the years they have become my spring,summer classics and I dont even consider watching them around Christmas. Then there are others I only will watch near Christmas and no other time of the year.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Happy new Year. I wish I could say our 2016 ended awesome and 2017 started awesome but this year I can't. Yesterday was the saddest day ever. Mikes 9 year old cousin and Carolinas buddy passed away. We arent sure what happened, but we're very shocked.
Even though we have some sad days ahead, I hope you all have a great day
I am so sorry to hear that, you will all, and the family will be in my thoughts.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Happy New Year!

Well, here we are in 2017. I hope everyone's year gets started off on the right foot. I will be spending all day writing a paper. My own fault, but I just could not get motivated to start the paper this past week. It is only a 8-10 page paper on the executive power of Abraham Lincoln and whether or not he went too far in his use of power. The writing of the paper itself will not be difficult, just time consuming. But it is not due until 11:55pm.
Well, everyone have a great day!
Good luck with your paper!

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Another Christmas show I didn't get to watch ELF!
That one is my favorite Christmas to watch in the off-season, my wife doesn't like it so I will usually watch it on my days off when I need a shot of Christmas spirit.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
My friend bought me the complete Southpark series plus movies. Its a huge dvd set
I love South Park, I haven't watched it as much as I would like, mainly because my children are older, and I don't want that to "warp their fragile little minds." They are too young still watch that.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Well, stupid me ... I wanted to get some tinsel garland and light strings on sale, so I went out looking for them this morning. Too late! I should have gone last week. I want to make a new mini-Christmas tree---the frame is coat hangers, then you glue lights to the framework, then you cover the whole thing with tinsel garland. There are infinite possibilities, mixing different types of garland with multicolor or white lights ... when there's garland still on the shelves! I'll be smarter next year and buy some right before or right after Christmas.

I also wanted some winter decor for my office, but I missed the boat on that too. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and springtime decor are already on the shelves. Even though I'll be happy to see spring come, it made me a bit sad to see spring flowers on New Year's Day. I'm not quite done with Christmas yet. At least I scored some ornament storage boxes for half off, and some yarn on sale.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Happy New Year, MMC!

"On the seventh day of Christmas..."

We had a quiet night with just a few friends over, their kids and our kids stayed up and watched the Mariah Carey trainwreck on Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE. Then we watched the ball drop and toasted in the new year with our non-alcoholic sparkling juice.
I am by myself watching The Santa Clause 2, the wife and kids took the dog for a play date, while I cleaned up from last night, started my laundry.
I am missing Christmas, especially knowing that the rest of the world is putting it in the rear view. I will continue to wear my Christmas shirts throughout January. I am enjoying the DVRed shows I have, enjoying my trees for the short amount of time they have left.
I have today and tomorrow off, then back to work Tuesday, and Wednesday off, nothing like easing back into work after a vacation.
The most exciting thing to take my mind off of Christmas is we are 27 days until the New England Black Wolves home opener, and 48 days until we are in Disney World!
I hope that will clear up these PCB's quickly.

I hope to be spending more time here now that the holidays are just about done.

Happy New Year, my dear friends!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy New Year, MMC!

"On the seventh day of Christmas..."

We had a quiet night with just a few friends over, their kids and our kids stayed up and watched the Mariah Carey trainwreck on Dick Clark's Rockin' NYE. Then we watched the ball drop and toasted in the new year with our non-alcoholic sparkling juice.
I am by myself watching The Santa Clause 2, the wife and kids took the dog for a play date, while I cleaned up from last night, started my laundry.
I am missing Christmas, especially knowing that the rest of the world is putting it in the rear view. I will continue to wear my Christmas shirts throughout January. I am enjoying the DVRed shows I have, enjoying my trees for the short amount of time they have left.
I have today and tomorrow off, then back to work Tuesday, and Wednesday off, nothing like easing back into work after a vacation.
The most exciting thing to take my mind off of Christmas is we are 27 days until the New England Black Wolves home opener, and 48 days until we are in Disney World!
I hope that will clear up these PCB's quickly.

I hope to be spending more time here now that the holidays are just about done.

Happy New Year, my dear friends!
Happy to hear that you have the Black Wolves season to help ease you through the PCBs! I need something like that to take my mind off the end of the holidays.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm weakening ... starting to feel some PCBs. I'll focus on relaxing and enjoying today and tomorrow before the workweek grind begins anew! Time for some tea, movies, and crochet.
I went out to the mall and just got back. The roads are deserted. Probably 25% of the amount of people normally out on a Sunday. The mall is empty and most of the Christmas stuff is coming down or gone already. It's a little sad but if it was up all year it wouldn't feel special when it's back out again.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Well, stupid me ... I wanted to get some tinsel garland and light strings on sale, so I went out looking for them this morning. Too late! I should have gone last week. I want to make a new mini-Christmas tree---the frame is coat hangers, then you glue lights to the framework, then you cover the whole thing with tinsel garland. There are infinite possibilities, mixing different types of garland with multicolor or white lights ... when there's garland still on the shelves! I'll be smarter next year and buy some right before or right after Christmas.

I also wanted some winter decor for my office, but I missed the boat on that too. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and springtime decor are already on the shelves. Even though I'll be happy to see spring come, it made me a bit sad to see spring flowers on New Year's Day. I'm not quite done with Christmas yet. At least I scored some ornament storage boxes for half off, and some yarn on sale.
Its all a "money grab" now Merry. Get outta Christmas as fast as you can to have room for Tax Return merchandise, Valentines Day etc. Blame Corps. as the #1 Christmas season buster and their endless greed to get every penny from your wallet they can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image