Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good afternoon MMC ~
Not too much going on here today. I’m still not feeling well but we’re going ahead with our dinner plans for later this evening. We’ll be back early enough to relax on the couch and watch the ball drop. My parents are coming over tomorrow, I’m going to make lasagna. I hope everyone is well and has a fabulous day. I will pop back in when I get the chance!
xo

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry New Year's Eve!

Taking it easy again today. Yesterday I watched three Christmas movies/shows, read, and crocheted. Plan on doing the same thing today. :)

Making chicken soup and whole wheat biscuits for dinner.

Be safe, warm, and merry on!

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
Merry New Year's Eve!

Taking it easy again today. Yesterday I watched three Christmas movies/shows, read, and crocheted. Plan on doing the same thing today. :)

Making chicken soup and whole wheat biscuits for dinner.

Be safe, warm, and merry on!

Happy New Year to you and stay warm and safe up there! Down here in the desert it is a balmy 52 degrees and a little cloudy. I finally received your wonderful box of goodies. Thank you so much for them. Working on next years cards, no Christmas blues for me!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Happy New Year to you and stay warm and safe up there! Down here in the desert it is a balmy 52 degrees and a little cloudy. I finally received your wonderful box of goodies. Thank you so much for them. Working on next years cards, no Christmas blues for me!
I need to make up address labels, we sent out so many cards I just used the wifes to save on writing. Between her and me we got around 110 cards this year. I just ordered Forever stamps due to the price increase in Jan, pack em away till next Nov.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Thank you, Head Elf, and Happy New Year to you, too! Sounds like a wonderful day where you are.

You're welcome. I'm so glad you finally received the package. :)

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Happy NYE ... Well we took down our Christmas Tree and most of the inside decorations today. Kids still have their trees up for now. My son was a little upset since it started to look bare in the living room and he said that Christmas went by way to fast this year. I told him that the older he gets the quicker it will start to go. I got my snowman stuff up inside though and the outside's Christmas Decorations are still up and on a timer. Its just to cold to go out there to take them down.

We are staying home tonight, my daughter is babysitting a friends soon here so nothing big planned.

Hope everyone had a great and safe NYE

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well, to our friends who already watched their fireworks ignite - Happy New Year!

To the rest of us; I'll do my best to be here later on when we put this merry countdown thread to bed and unveil the new one.

:ornarment 'til then, keep a merry thought in your head :shakeit

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Happy NYE ... Well we took down our Christmas Tree and most of the inside decorations today. Kids still have their trees up for now. My son was a little upset since it started to look bare in the living room and he said that Christmas went by way to fast this year. I told him that the older he gets the quicker it will start to go. I got my snowman stuff up inside though and the outside's Christmas Decorations are still up and on a timer. Its just to cold to go out there to take them down.

We are staying home tonight, my daughter is babysitting a friends soon here so nothing big planned.

Hope everyone had a great and safe NYE
It flew by Minta!! I swear I cant remember a 'Bers/Christmas season go so fast! It was like yesterday I was lighting charcoal for my pig roast for CIJ party. I enjoyed it for the most part..but somehow I feel like it went so fast I didnt enjoy it as much as I could have.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It flew by Minta!! I swear I cant remember a 'Bers/Christmas season go so fast! It was like yesterday I was lighting charcoal for my pig roast for CIJ party. I enjoyed it for the most part..but somehow I feel like it went so fast I didnt enjoy it as much as I could have.
Same here Gunny. Feel like we were just in my yard with sparklers on the 4th of July with my brother. Next thing I know he's back here 6 months later for Christmas! I don't know where the time went.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Yep, starting to run low on time.
Very low indeed!

As usual, I will try to make the transition at midnight as seamless as possible.
There shouldn't be more than a few moments delay.
It's just going to be really nice to see "2018 Christmas Countdown" and know that we'll be in that thread together all the way through the coming Christmas Season.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ

I agree .. there were some things we wanted to do during the fall and the Christmas season but never did. Part of the reason was weather related, part was time/busy related and part was just laziness LOL. I plan on being more organized and together this upcoming year so we can plan things better and DO more. I just wish we a had rewind/pause button sometimes :)

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Happy NYE, friends! Church this morning, followed by cooking some potato soup...sitting here enjoying some coffee and girls while watching Star Wars...NFL football just doesn't intrigue me today. Playoffs next week will be a different story.

I'm hoping to be awake tonight to ring in the New Year with everyone. There is a great chance I WON'T make it...that is what getting up at 5:30 does to you...but I hope everyone has a Happy Happy New Year! Here's to hoping I see you tonight.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I saw it last night Martine. I was so hoping to enjoy it..alas it wasnt meant to be. Somehow all of us in our Star Wars group knew Disney would manage to ruin the franchise..and it just happened. I found it full of inuendos and political undertones. I dont even want to start with Yoda and the books.
I can understand your point of view. David is tired of Disney selling out Star Wars to all of these companies using the name to sell stuff. And I totally agree about the books, what gives? But seeing puppet Yoda again was a treat (not a fan of CGI caracters). It helps that I like the actors so much. Here's hoping for a better third movie.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Wishing all of you good health and happiness in the coming year. It will be a quiet evening with just Daivd, Loki and me. We'll try to stay up and watch the humouristic year-end reviews but we usually never make it. Enjoy the countdown everyone!

VictoriaLT

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Sep 15, 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
viktorijandz01.tumblr.com
Since it's now 1AM here in Norway and all the fireworks are nearly over (finally! The last two hours were hectic in a scary way), I want to say happy 2018 from my heart to yours! :} I hope it will be a prosperous year for you all. I personally don't make New Year's resolutions but I do have a reminder - and a wish - for myself and for you all as well: to believe that we are worthy of all the great things in life; to believe it enough to create abundance. I wish you all a year filled with lots of love, full presence in and awareness of the now, fulfilling relationships and friendships, and all the other little things that make life after all. <3

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I can understand your point of view. David is tired of Disney selling out Star Wars to all of these companies using the name to sell stuff. And I totally agree about the books, what gives? But seeing puppet Yoda again was a treat (not a fan of CGI caracters). It helps that I like the actors so much. Here's hoping for a better third movie.

I sell a lot of Star Wars books at the store. Collectors love them! Although I don't consider myself a Star Wars fan as I only really liked the first movie and, well, Han Solo, I do still have my original 3 book set of paperbacks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image