Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

praying for all you dear ones who are not well, hope you mend quickly!

Wow, only 1 day left in 2017, and it is a tad chilly here....

for my southern neighbours that is -11f (windchill of -24f)

hoping the van will start so we can make it to church later.

Hope you are all able to enjoy this last day of 2017 !

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Happy New Year's Eve! I feel like we just were saying Happy New Years and here it is the final day of 2017. Unreal how fast the year goes doesn't it? Makes you realize though why never to be too sad when Christmas ends because before you know it we'll be starting to reach milestone #1, #2, and so on. My New Years Eve plans are to have a sandwich, chips and relax. I'm sorry but I don't get the whole go stand outside in 0 degrees to watch a ball drop. That doesn't sound like fun to me!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Morning MMC! Happy New Year's Eve! I feel like we just were saying Happy New Years and here it is the final day of 2017. Unreal how fast the year goes doesn't it? Makes you realize though why never to be too sad when Christmas ends because before you know it we'll be starting to reach milestone #1, #2, and so on. My New Years Eve plans are to have a sandwich, chips and relax. I'm sorry but I don't get the whole go stand outside in 0 degrees to watch a ball drop. That doesn't sound like fun to me!
LOL, I feel the same way I’m staying home where it’s warm and comfortable !
My daughter is going to a big party in the town Square tonight where they have a huge heated tent because it’s too cold to be outside. But not me I’m staying home. Happy New Year’s Eve edge

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
LOL, I feel the same way I’m staying home where it’s warm and comfortable !
My daughter is going to a big party in the town Square tonight where they have a huge heated tent because it’s too cold to be outside. But not me I’m staying home. Happy New Year’s Eve edge
My brother tried going a few years ago to a local ball drop and came home 10 minutes later saying "That's crazy" to stand outside for hours to watch it. Hope she has fun though and the tent is warm!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
My brother tried going a few years ago to a local ball drop and came home 10 minutes later saying "That's crazy" to stand outside for hours to watch it. Hope she has fun though and the tent is warm!
I hope she has a warm time too, she and her friend said they were going to get all dressed up to go and wear dresses I asked her if she was crazy!
At the temperatures were at right now and with so many places cancelling their outdoor events I don’t think even a heated tent is going to be all that warm after all it’s a tent. Oh well, I will be thinking of a rice I sit in my nice warm comfortable living room.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
I really enjoyed Star Wars: The Last Jedi. My favourite Nien Nunb makes an appearance. And there are some stunning visuals. Now to relax by our tree, a perfect day.
I saw it last night Martine. I was so hoping to enjoy it..alas it wasnt meant to be. Somehow all of us in our Star Wars group knew Disney would manage to ruin the franchise..and it just happened. I found it full of inuendos and political undertones. I dont even want to start with Yoda and the books.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Sunday morning, and Happy New Years Eve, Christmas friends!

We've had a big zombie weekend. Nancy and I took Elizabeth and her cousin to Senoia, GA for a tour of the filming sets of "The Walking Dead". I have to say, I enjoyed seeing those places first-hand, too. Our guide has been an extra on the show many times, and had some interesting inside tidbits about the show, and acting as an extra on TV & movies. We bought t-shirts & souvenirs, and I had a couple cups of Walking Dead coffee. Those zombies drink pretty good coffee!

We went to an oyster roast last night, but I hope we don't have to go anywhere tonight. I don't even care to see the ball drop LOL.

It's supposed to be in the low 20s next week, which is positively arctic for south Georgia!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Last edited:

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy New Year’s Eve! I am just enjoying a cup of coffee and still getting over this cold but feeling a lot better. We don’t have too many plans for tonight, just going to a friend’s house for dinner that lives down the street. It is still brutally cold out there...I am hoping we warm up soon. Hope you all have a good day and the ones feeling sick, hope you are on the mend!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Happy New Year's Eve!
We are getting some light snow this morning along with the cold.
I have to write a paper today, so there goes a few hours for me. Then, I get to watch my Browns lose the final game of the season and have that perfect 0-16 season! Being a Browns' fan is tough! But I love my Cleveland Browns, win or lose.

Well everyone be safe today and tonight. Have a great day!

Christmasplease

Fruit Cake Baker
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Happy New Years Eve!

Wel, we were out late lastnight. The inside of my car windows had frost on them when we left. All my windows were closed. It’s not an older car, I’m still trying to figure this one out! Now that’s cold! I hope this ends before the kids go back to school!

My plan was to stay home tonight, my youngest is pushing to go to a nearby hotel with a water slide. We did it a couple of years ago and loved it. We ordered room service and watched “in theatre” hotel movies. I’m not sold on it yet, we’ll see.

I’ll check back in later. Everyone enjoy your day and evening!!!!!!-shiver--season-

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.

Well, this is it. The last day of the year.
Three-Hundred and Sixty-Five down to one.

It's the last day of this count thread, too.
We lock up tight at midnight tonight, at which point Christmas Countdown - 2018 commences, starting a fresh year of counting!

Cold here this morning. We are in the upper 20's and may not see 30 all day.
(A good day for watching football, but not playing it!)
Currently, we stand at 28 cloudy, dreary degrees here in Raleigh,

Have a Super Sunday, and a Fantastic Final day of 2017, Everyone!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Folks.

We lock up tight at midnight tonight, at which point Christmas Countdown - 2018 commences, starting a fresh year of counting!

Thanks Crown!! See ya in the last hours for the countdown!!

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
"We will see each other again my friend, and when we do it will be the happiest day."

Ok so those were not my words. I remember them from a book, "The Winner Within" I read written by Pat Riley the former longtime NBA coach who wrote a book that had to do as much with self improvement in life and business as it did sports. I probably didn't get the quote word for word, but he had included it in his book just to give credit where I had gotten it.

the quote had nothing to do with the Christmas season, but it seemed appropriate here to post on the last day of this thread. I imagine it could apply mostly to a close family member or friend we may have just seen this past holiday season. I also think it could apply to the Christmas season itself, because when Christmas does return in 2018 it will be the happiest day.

Have a great New Year's Eve everyone! See you in the 2018 thread!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.

Thanks Crown! Thanks for a great 2017 and here's to a greater 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image