Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Congratulations...how exciting!!

Thanks, HMG...she is better! Good luck dress shopping!

Hope you feel better NMC!!
Thank you! Im hopeful that after the field trip I will get to take a nap and rest
Feel better! Have fun on the trip.
Thank you!
Good morning all! Not much on the agenda today. I work tonight at 7, so I plan on just doing some laundry and relaxing, reading and catching up on the the TiVo. DH is going to the kids school today to do fire prevention. He is in charge of fire prevention at work and goes to all the schools, daycares, homes, and some businesses in the city. It keeps him very busy for the month of October, but he does a great job and is a wonderful teacher. The kids are looking forward to it!

It’s Pines Day! Hope you all enjoy the day!
I hope you had a nice relaxing day before work!
That's what this weekend & Hallmark Christmas movies will be for, right? :)
Yes I can't wait. It is supposed to rain all day Saturday so I my be inside watching Christmas all day
It's great Carolina is feeling better ~ hope you are, too! xx
Thanks M!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
I hope everyone has had a Wonderful Wednesday! We are just relaxing now and reading. Our zoo trip tomorrow should be fun. It isa small zoo but that's okay since we have a limited amount of time there before the buses take us back to school. The classes will all get a small lesson in the zoos education center

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
I didn’t explain that well ... the museum got the rare photo; the books and glass were sold at an annual auction the museum holds to raise money. They told us Burgess fans from all over the world attend.

Just found out that the museum closed in 2013 due to lack of funds...so sorry to hear that. But there’s still a Thornton Burgess Society!

So, the next question I have (because now I’m curious about the whole thing), is that since the museum closed what happened to the part of the collection that They had? As a matter of fact, now I wonder what happened to all the things the museum had as a whole.

That would be one serious estate sale!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
** TRAVEL ALERT **

The Crowns have a sad task this weekend - traveling to Florida for the funeral of our cousin who passed away this month. He was the one we went down annually to see.
But time passes and so do we all.
A volunteer countdowner will therefore be needed for three mornings, this Friday through Sunday.
No application will be rejected. (As long as it's first!)

So sorry for your loss, Crown. I would have been happy to fill-in, but I think that has already been taken care of. Even so, have a safe travel to Florida and I wish you nothing but the best when you celebrate the life of your cousin with your family.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Checking in quickly. Happy Rudolph Day, everyone!

In two months we will begin nestling ourselves in our beds while Santa continues his magical worldwide journey throughout the night. Magic will happen, once again.

Have a great night. I hope you all are doing fantastic and enjoying a fancy night at the 'Pines!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you! Im hopeful that after the field trip I will get to take a nap and rest

Thank you!

I hope you had a nice relaxing day before work!

Yes I can't wait. It is supposed to rain all day Saturday so I my be inside watching Christmas all day

Thanks M!

I did, thank you! I tried to nap and was unsuccessful though, so I know I’ll be tired come 730!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Happy Rudolph Day #10! Rollins is glad to be Coneless and he got 6 new toys for going through a few tough days (what a spoiled dog). The new person started yesterday and she seems nice. Always can tell how they are nervous their first day so we tried to joke around with her and finally got her to laugh some and feel more comfortable. Have a fantastic Thursday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Thursday!
It’s going to be cloudy today with a high of 52 degrees. I just straightened up the house, started laundry, and did a quick cleaning of the wood floors. Just having my coffee right now and a bite to eat. I’m going to take Rocky for a walk soon. I have to make a Target run later this morning. I just realized I haven’t bought any Halloween candy yet, I have to grab a few bags today! Back home afterward to work on some other chores around the house. Dinner will be minestrone soup with mini raviolis. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
So sorry for your loss, Crown. I would have been happy to fill-in, but I think that has already been taken care of. Even so, have a safe travel to Florida and I wish you nothing but the best when you celebrate the life of your cousin with your family.
Thanks, Brent.
Snowflake and Xmastidings will be filling in this time.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Morning MMC! Happy Rudolph Day #10! Rollins is glad to be Coneless and he got 6 new toys for going through a few tough days (what a spoiled dog). The new person started yesterday and she seems nice. Always can tell how they are nervous their first day so we tried to joke around with her and finally got her to laugh some and feel more comfortable. Have a fantastic Thursday!
Happy to hear Rollins is doing well...I am sure he loves his new toys!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Rudolph Day!! Any special plans for the day? I will listen to some music and maybe try to watch a holiday show. It is definitely cold outside and looks like Saturday will be a rainy day. Just work for me today and tonight I am making Italian Mac and Cheese for dinner and catching up on laundry. Hope you all have a great day!

Stevie Claus

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Nov 25, 2015
Canada
I plan on checking out a few o the stores after work today. I think most places have their Christmas stuff out. I hope to find a few deals.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
So, the next question I have (because now I’m curious about the whole thing), is that since the museum closed what happened to the part of the collection that They had? As a matter of fact, now I wonder what happened to all the things the museum had as a whole.

That would be one serious estate sale!
I have no idea ... I would assume that if they had debts, they sold their items. I hope so, because that would mean that collectors who would love the items got them. I really, really hope none of them ended up in a Dumpster.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Happy Friday Eve, MMC!! It’s going to be a chilly cloudy day here. That’s okay though. I have plenty to do inside. Then mom has PT this afternoon. Of course, it’s the same time Valerie is on QVC. Hopefully the WiFi is working good at the hospital and I’ll be able to stream it. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I'm glad Rollins is doing better!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday Eve! Merry Rudolph Day! Merry 2 months until Christmas & ....

-santa dance--sing--glitterstocking-

Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image