Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Friday Eve!! I did a few online orders last night so I am feeling a bit better about shopping. I am taking a 1/2 day next Friday so I will definitely finish up then.
Just work for me today and then we are meeting a friend and her daughter for pizza.
Hope you have a great day!

ETA: We watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix with Kurt Russell..it was really good-definitely recommend it!

Enjoy the pizza! I have read several places now that people are loving the movie - I'm going to have to check it out!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's still downright cold around here. It was 27° when I got in my truck this morning! I had to scrape the ice off of Elizabeth's windshield before I left, too.

Last night, my brother and I stretched a large tarp over the roof on a building at the farm. When my band starting getting pretty busy, Dad helped us build a practice room. It has since turned into a storage building, and the roof is leaking. We're going to put a metal roof on it, but not before the rain comes back this weekend. Anyway, it was cold and dark, but we got it done.

We're getting the results from Nancy's mom's tests this afternoon. I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Continued prayers for you guys!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! I didn't check in yesterday. I went for breakfast with some friends after work, came home, and then my girlfriend came by for a few hours to hang out and see the dogs. Until she left, it was 3 pm, so I crashed for a little bit.

Not much on the agenda today. I'm just watching HMM now and then this evening, we have hoagies that we have to deliver. We had to see them for a fundraiser for baton.

I hope you all have a great day! Keeping all who needs thoughts and prayers in my heart!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon ... well my plans to work on my Christmas cards and wrapping took a detour somewhere as those plans were expected last night and have yet to arrive :eek:. Its always something unexpected that pops up .. last night it was mom ... we are out of bread an low on milk .... mom ... I need help with my homework .... Umm ... Maybe I need to change my name LOL Well my lunch break is almost up .. have a great day!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Lol! You really crack me up sometimes! I go crazy with my wrapping too! I buy special wrapping for the dogs, kids wrapping, and then special paper from Santa. Each other kids get different wrapping from him!
Once upon a time, my brilliant bride had to wrap every present in different paper. No two Christmas morning surprises wore the same clothing. This kept her up into the wee hours, each year. Thankfully, she had an epiphany watching our, then, cherubs gleefully shred her fine work and toss same into a bag for recycling in far less time than it had taken her to create her masterpieces. Peace and sleep are far more plentiful on present day Christmas Eves than they were during those well intended yuletides of yore.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning MMC!! Merry Friday Eve!!
We're supposed to get some snow today. I don't think it's supposed to amount to much, but I'll watch it come down if I can! :) My brother is heading home from MA today with a 26' moving van, so hopefully he doesn't run into any slick roads. xx
I'm working both places again today & since there was no mail yesterday, I'm sure both places will have plenty in the mailbox to take care of! ;)
Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!!
Enjoy the snow and safe travels to your brother!
Hope you are able to watch the movie...I know you will like it!
Have a good day!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Once I address the daily song flu that greets me as my eyes open, I spend the next ten minutes of my waking moments analyzing my dreams. Quite often the answers I come up with are hilarious in a dark humour sort of way.
Hope you got better sleep.

Merry Thursday, Auntie!
I did sleep better, thank you!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I just got home from work and back at it tomorrow morning. We got some snow today. Our original forecast called for flurries and mostly snow would be at the shore. It was only a couple inches but it was a pain because by thw time I left work tonight it was ice. I hope everyone is having a great night

So glad you made it home safe!
We were just supposed to get a light dusting of snow today but it ended up being sleet. The roads and most parking lots were a mess up until late afternoon.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Thanks, Brad! I think you just really have to like it. I love working nights for several reasons, but my body just doesn't anymore. I got great sleep last night - probably one of he best I've had in a really long time!
Glad you got a good night sleep! My dad used to be on shift work so he never got decent sleep. Mikes dad works 4 pm to 2 am Wednesdays through Saturday and Mikes uncle works 6pm to 4am
I buy a kit. I love making gingerbread, but honestly, it's just easier!
I totally agree!
Hope the night went okay for her!
Thanks! Tuesday night she was fine. Last night she kept coming to see me but I think it was anxiety over me working the whole day
Merry Friday Eve!! I did a few online orders last night so I am feeling a bit better about shopping. I am taking a 1/2 day next Friday so I will definitely finish up then.
Just work for me today and then we are meeting a friend and her daughter for pizza.
Hope you have a great day!

ETA: We watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix with Kurt Russell..it was really good-definitely recommend it!
Glad you were able to get some shopping done
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's still downright cold around here. It was 27° when I got in my truck this morning! I had to scrape the ice off of Elizabeth's windshield before I left, too.

Last night, my brother and I stretched a large tarp over the roof on a building at the farm. When my band starting getting pretty busy, Dad helped us build a practice room. It has since turned into a storage building, and the roof is leaking. We're going to put a metal roof on it, but not before the rain comes back this weekend. Anyway, it was cold and dark, but we got it done.

We're getting the results from Nancy's mom's tests this afternoon. I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Prayers for Nancy mom
Good morning all! I didn't check in yesterday. I went for breakfast with some friends after work, came home, and then my girlfriend came by for a few hours to hang out and see the dogs. Until she left, it was 3 pm, so I crashed for a little bit.

Not much on the agenda today. I'm just watching HMM now and then this evening, we have hoagies that we have to deliver. We had to see them for a fundraiser for baton.

I hope you all have a great day! Keeping all who needs thoughts and prayers in my heart!
Hope you had a great day
Good afternoon ... well my plans to work on my Christmas cards and wrapping took a detour somewhere as those plans were expected last night and have yet to arrive :eek:. Its always something unexpected that pops up .. last night it was mom ... we are out of bread an low on milk .... mom ... I need help with my homework .... Umm ... Maybe I need to change my name LOL Well my lunch break is almost up .. have a great day!
I bowl you were able to get everything done tonight
So glad you made it home safe!
We were just supposed to get a light dusting of snow today but it ended up being sleet. The roads and most parking lots were a mess up until late afternoon.
Thanks M! We had a lot of black ice this morning

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Glad you got a good night sleep! My dad used to be on shift work so he never got decent sleep. Mikes dad works 4 pm to 2 am Wednesdays through Saturday and Mikes uncle works 6pm to 4am

I totally agree!

Thanks! Tuesday night she was fine. Last night she kept coming to see me but I think it was anxiety over me working the whole day

Glad you were able to get some shopping done

Prayers for Nancy mom

Hope you had a great day

I bowl you were able to get everything done tonight

Thanks M! We had a lot of black ice this morning

Glad Caroline is coming along! I still have issues with my son (who is 7), sometimes coming over at night. He's never been a great sleeper.

Thanks - I did!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, MMC family! It's Friday for most of you, but today is my Monday. I work the next 4 days, starting this evening a 7. I slept until 4 this am, so that's too terrible, but since the kids will be at school and DH will be working all day, I hope to catch a nap later.

This weekend is going to be kind of chaotic. I'll dive in to the details as the weekend goes on, but as we all know, with this time of year, there is a lot going on, so simply, I won't be getting much sleep. I hate to say it, but I'll admit it, the sleep thing I sometimes do to myself. When there are kids and family functions going on, I don't want to miss them. My kids are only little once!

Nothing really planned for today. I made a list last night of all the cookies, candy, and mixes I want to make. I have 14 different kinds of cookies. I don't think DH is too thrilled. He told me I narrow it done a little. We end up giving most of them away!

Okay folks, I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm drinking my coffee and am going to turn a Christmas movie on.

chrimbo_bear

Feverishly Frivolous Feral Fellow..
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 29, 2015
London
So, Mrs Bear helped me put up my little tree, of which I still need to decorate fully. She also surprised me with an amazing advent calendar, which has a meaningful little gift in each day(box).

Despite all of this yuletide gaiety, i'm still unable to flex my christmas muscles. Ok, strange year - but somehow feeling almost repelled by christmas! Gasp! a phase i'm sure, lest my MMC card be revoked :)

Work is pretty hectic, so that's probably it - usually by now i'd be playing nethack, listening to 80s chrimbo cheese, and madly looking forward to the xmas flights to the UK.

Anyone else sometimes feel a bit underwhelmed by it? Serious question - not trolling.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning and TGIF MMC. Another cold and dry day here. I'll take it. Not a fan of the cold weather but it's been dry for several days now and it looks like a cold/sunny weekend and most of next week also. Long day at work yesterday but trying to get out on time today for a Friday. Need a Christmas Weekend. Plans? Christmas shopping, wrapping, music, and shows/movies. That sounds like the perfect December weekend. Have a great TGIF!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
we have here a wonderful place called "The House of Blessing" It is a food bank, a place where those in need can get free clothing. They provide counselling, programs for parents and children, and so much more. They also have a Christmas toy drive which was well under way already.
Earlier this week they had a fire
https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.c...1uJn4HieKrusgvw1-SVtn4BmCDkRvEEmlzIovDfg0_FQ4
The city and area is really rallying around and helping restock the food suppies and try to replace the lost toys and clothing.
Please pray for these folks who do so much to help others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image