AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had a productive day - now just unwinding with some music, MMC and the O'Cat.

I got all mixed up thinking it was Wednesday already.

I heard an announcement on Sirius about this Thursday being a Christmas in August special and Darlene Love will be on - made me think of Binger and others who enjoyed watching her on Letterman. I won't be able to catch it as I'll be working and my Sirius is only in my car.

I remember this one celebrating her 25th appearance in a row on the Christmas episode.

Stay jolly +i

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I had a productive day - now just unwinding with some music, MMC and the O'Cat.

I got all mixed up thinking it was Wednesday already.

I heard an announcement on Sirius about this Thursday being a Christmas in August special and Darlene Love will be on - made me think of Binger and others who enjoyed watching her on Letterman. I won't be able to catch it as I'll be working and my Sirius is only in my car.

I remember this one celebrating her 25th appearance in a row on the Christmas episode.

Stay jolly +i
Thanks Auntie! I really enjoyed that. -sing-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
my son is addicted to candy corn, when we buy it we have to hide it lol

Oddly or not - I was never a fan of candy corn - caramels were more my thing.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
+c Good Merry Morning Happy Pines Day! -reindeer-

Halfway through the week already.

Work today and dinner with a friend after work.

I had a dream about my old cat Bugs Bunny; I called him Bugsy for short. He had similar markings to Bugs so it seemed like a fitting name. I haven't had Bugsy pop into my dreams in over 14 years. Hope O'Malley the cat doesn't know I was dreaming about another cat.

He's eagerly awaiting another trip to the Pines where his old age doesn't seem to bother him at all once he connects with that three-humped camel.

Keep a merry thought in your head. :shakeit

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! I was working last night and went to bed around 11pm but felt like my sleep was very light and I often woke up, so I’m feeling it this morning. After a few days of high humidity we’re in for thunderstorms today. By Friday temperatures should be much more comfortable.

At the store it’s definitely Fall already. Harvest and Halloween decorations and costumes have come in. Some Winter gear like tuques and jackets are creeping in as well, much too soon for my liking.

Time to start getting ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy August Pines Day MMC! Heat, Humidity rinse and repeat. It's the Pines Day here. Going to Applebees tonight. Should be good. Haven't been there in a long time. Oh and other than that I had a Halloween Dream last night. That made me realize it's a sign of how close to the Bers we are now. Have a great August Pines Day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Magnificent Mid-Weekers!

We are indeed once again at the center of the week, looking forward to another lovely evening at the Shispering Pines' open house. It's always a treat to see Carl and crew, not to mention O'Malley the Wonder Cat.

Today's numerical release:
Days to the Season: 84
Days to Christmas Day: 126

We now find ourselves barely over HALF A WEEK short of the 2/3 point to Christmas Day 2019 and the start of the final 1/3 leg to the big day.
This Sunday, Guys. Mark your calendars!

The heat and humidity finally broke yesterday.
April fools!!
(Hey. If we can have "Christmas in July", we can have "April Fools in August", right?)
Yep. The H&H are still with us. Today is shown at 92 degrees with low to mid 90's for tomorrow and Friday. We have a slight shot at thunderstorms this afternoon.
Our present temp is 75 degrees here, and it's rather overcast at the moment.

Well, this is the next-to-the-last pre-Ber 'Pines open house, and it will continue with a summer theme. Once the Bers begin, Carl begins the transition work to enter autumn and the fast track on to the holidays.
So enjoy these last two full-on summer visits to our inn of choice.
Soak up that ice-cold tea and munch on a fired twinkie at poolside while being entertained in Carl and company's unique style. (I wonder what that camel and that cat have planned for this evening?)

While pondering that question, and trying to decide whether or not to go, you be sure and try your best to have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Magnificent Mid-Weekers!

We are indeed once again at the center of the week, looking forward to another lovely evening at the Shispering Pines' open house. It's always a treat to see Carl and crew, not to mention O'Malley the Wonder Cat.

Today's numerical release:
Days to the Season: 84
Days to Christmas Day: 126

We now find ourselves barely over HALF A WEEK short of the 2/3 point to Christmas Day 2019 and the start of the final 1/3 leg to the big day.
This Sunday, Guys. Mark your calendars!

The heat and humidity finally broke yesterday.
April fools!!
(Hey. If we can have "Christmas in July", we can have "April Fools in August", right?)
Yep. The H&H are still with us. Today is shown at 92 degrees with low to mid 90's for tomorrow and Friday. We have a slight shot at thunderstorms this afternoon.
Our present temp is 75 degrees here, and it's rather overcast at the moment.

Well, this is the next-to-the-last pre-Ber 'Pines open house, and it will continue with a summer theme. Once the Bers begin, Carl begins the transition work to enter autumn and the fast track on to the holidays.
So enjoy these last two full-on summer visits to our inn of choice.
Soak up that ice-cold tea and munch on a fired twinkie at poolside while being entertained in Carl and company's unique style. (I wonder what that camel and that cat have planned for this evening?)

While pondering that question, and trying to decide whether or not to go, you be sure and try your best to have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy August Pines Day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note for all. Vacation was fun last month. We had a chance to see friends and family for the week we were out west. It was great to catch up with everyone.

The FIL is going for his hip surgery on Thursday. He's a little nervous, because of his age and the possibility, although slim, that he may not recover. He will be numbed from the waist down so he can still breathe while the do the surgery. It should only take a few hours. Then he gets to go to rehab to recuperate at another facility for a few weeks. It will be a nice change and break for us.

Well, the Halloween candy is already in the stores, so that means the Christmas stuff can't be too far off. Excitement already. Some stores have their cards out already too. Some say it's a bit early, but it's never too early for me. Am I right?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking around and enjoy reading all the notes people leave. Until we chat again...

Great to see you! Hope all went well with the surgery and praying for a speeding recovery!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

We worked at Bernie's store last night, setting up the new hot dog roller/cooker, and moving other displays around. Then we had Bernie Burgers; huge 1/2 pound burgers, loaded to the gills. Awesome!

Tonight, we're having pizza at mom's.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Currently in the midst of a migraine hangover and so I'm not getting much done. When I find myself nodding off at the computer, I know it will be a long day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image