Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Merry Monday all!
Looking forward to a great week.
And did you see the count in the countdown to Christmas?
128! WOW! It's coming quickly. I have two of my wife's Christmas presents wrapped and sitting in the corner of the bedroom.
She just about can't stand it. :p:D

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday morning! Will this humidity ever end? Temperatures are just perfect but with the humidex factor, it is so uncomfortable. It’s back to work for me this morning (sigh). Such is life. Hopefully David will be cleared by his doctor coming back from vacation this morning for part-time modified work. He can’t stand being stuck at home any longer. Hope everyone will enjoy a wonderful start to the week!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
O'Malley let me sleep in until 4:45 - good pussycat.

Sunny day here although sun showers are a possibility.

Not much planned for my day off since I was expecting to be traveling to day, I didn't have anything specific in mind.

Doing some price comparisons for a new laptop - decided to go with a laptop instead of a tablet.

Might get a new pair of dress pants for back to school - even if I'm not going back to school.

O'Malley needs more litter and I need a few groceries so it will be a good excuse to venture out for part of the day.

After today, I have 4 days of work and then a three-day weekend as I booked Monday off.

The moon still looked somewhat full last night. I love full moons in August and September when it seems to hang so low you could touch it.

Stay Jolly :snowball

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Milestone Weekers!
Yes, indeed. Before this week has completed its run, we will have arrived at yet another **MILESTONE DAY**!

Our new week kick-off figures:
Days to the Season: 86
Days to Christmas Day: 128

And a check of our chart verifies for certain that the 2/3 marker to Christmas Day 2019 will arrive in UNDER a week.
SIX days to be precise. That will make it this coming Sunday.
(Ring those Christmas bells!)

No relief from the heat and humidity. Not even a light rain yesterday to break the monotony.
Today's weather report indicates a predicted high of 93 and a 40% chance of precipitation.
We commence this new week at 78 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!
Enjoy your week ahead.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Milestone Weekers!
Yes, indeed. Before this week has completed its run, we will have arrived at yet another **MILESTONE DAY**!

Our new week kick-off figures:
Days to the Season: 86
Days to Christmas Day: 128

And a check of our chart verifies for certain that the 2/3 marker to Christmas Day 2019 will arrive in UNDER a week.
SIX days to be precise. That will make it this coming Sunday.
(Ring those Christmas bells!)

No relief from the heat and humidity. Not even a light rain yesterday to break the monotony.
Today's weather report indicates a predicted high of 93 and a 40% chance of precipitation.
We commence this new week at 78 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!
Enjoy your week ahead.
Thanks Crown! Happy Fully August Week!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday-looks like we will have some really warm and humid days. Typical work day for me and my oldest is off to Block Island today with some friends. They are taking the ferry over and should be back around 7. Hope you all have a great day..exciting times this week with another milestone day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Knock, knock..........anybody home??? May I come in????
Hey!!!!! I know I've been MIA :( It's just the time of year - from Easter the weddings start building and building so I've been marrying people every weekend. I've also got involved in an amateur dramatic group again and we're mid run of Allo Allo (have you seen the TV programme?) Weddings and plays are now slowing down, soon to be an occasional thing so I can start to think of other things that make me happy!!!! Hope you're well and loving life xxxxx
Great to see you, Mo!!!:D:D
-santa dance-

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Hope everyone is doing well! This heat and humidity here is killing me!! I am counting the days till fall. We did have a very strong thunderstorm last night about midnight, but it sure didn't get rid of this sticky weather. We had our family's annual fantasy football draft yesterday. It was so great to see all my nephews and hear all of the jokes and jabs we throw at one another as we draft our teams and the competitiveness is reborn once again! I look forward to draft day all year! This year I was smart and had it catered by a local BBQ restaurant instead of killing myself to cook all the food and lug it to the hotel. The food was great and hopefully my team will be this year as well as I am notorious for losing each year!

When I got home yesterday I noticed that the guy across the street and down two houses has started to put up all of his Halloween inflatables. He is the one that decorates his house for every holiday but really goes all out for Halloween and Christmas. Most of the inflatables are HUGE and he has them on the roof and everything! My first thought was it is kinda early, but when I saw everything lit up last night (as I was out observing the thunderstorm) I really appreciated everything he had done. He has the front yard lined with these large trees that all light up purple and look really creepy. I love those trees! I haven't seen them anywhere before, at least not ones that large. I don't think he is finished either so I will keep an eye out to see what else he puts up!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

Both of our children are college students as of this morning! Elizabeth is a freshman and Jacob is a senior...wow!

We spent the weekend working on setting up Elizabeth's room, and there is still some work to be done, so she's going to commute to school this week. We have spent a LARGE stack of money on this bedroom. :confused: I could have a couple guitars by now!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good morning all

HS Football scrimmage here in a couple of hours. The heat is creeping back in and it is forecast to be 90 for the next few days.
Later today we are moving some furniture to Goodwill for my father-in-law. Tomorrow is all about getting ready for school.

Yesterday we visited a Spirit Halloween store than just opened. They are not fully stocked yet, but it was still fun to see all of the stuff out. Fall is almost here!

Well, everyone have a wonderful day!
On our road trip to Chicago, last month, we went past a stand alone building with the Spirit Halloween signs still up from 2018. Scary, boys and girls...Truly scary....:eek:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good morning ~
I’ve been pretty productive so far, I tidied up the house, started laundry and made a big food shopping trip. I’m finally sitting down for a cup of coffee. I’m going to walk Rocky in a little bit. I’ll be spending the afternoon with two of my girls. I picked up bacon and cheese burgers at the butcher yesterday, we’re going to grill those for dinner tonight. I hope everyone has a nice day!!!
xx
Hmmmm...bacon cheeseburgers...drool...slurp...YUM!:)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
What happened to the weekend? It's been a nice but busy weekend and once again I blink and it's over. Spent the day at the shore yesterday with friends and family. The kids were adorable together. Had a nice family dinner today. It was way to hot and humid to do anything outside this afternoon. This girl is ready for the fall chill! Have a good night.
Only two Summer weekends left...Enjoy! :D

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Merry Monday all!
Looking forward to a great week.
And did you see the count in the countdown to Christmas?
128! WOW! It's coming quickly. I have two of my wife's Christmas presents wrapped and sitting in the corner of the bedroom.
She just about can't stand it. :p:D
Larceny, thy name is Rich. Have ye heard about death by holly stake? :rolleyes:

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Got my new laptop - no dress pants today. I was having an awkward fabric day - everything I touched felt like a material I wouldn't want to wear. I have to be in the right trying on mood to shop for clothes.

I'm waiting until the weekend to set up my new laptop; not much to do just get the anti-virus loaded and add my email and bookmark MMC.

My laptop wasn't on sale for much of a discount (I think I saved $60.00), but I have 30 days to bring in my receipt if it goes on sales for "back to school" and they will reimburse me the difference in price.

Naturally I pointed out that it was "back to school time" and that many retail shops already had promotions going on to attract students.

Around here, they had back on Sept. 3rd. Not sure if College and University students have to go in earlier.

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Morning all. I can't believe that it's less than two weeks until the 'bers. This year has flown by.

Some exciting news. I'm getting a new slow cooker. It should arrive today. It's programmable and cooks for up to 20 hours. Perfect for my apple butter recipe. My old one lost it's handle for the lid and has seen better days.

The FIL has had his hip surgery and is now going to be moved to the care home for recovery. They had to keep in for an extra day because the anesthetic caused a slight problem. It seems that people with dementia can regress after being under anesthesia. For the couple of days after the surgery he seemed more confused and irritable. A few times he thought it was just a plot to move him into a home, but we have reassured him that they just wanted to make sure everything was in place before he was moved to the care home.

Today is my father's mother's birthday. My grandmother is 88 today and is still as spry as ever. We'll get to see her next year when we go to my half-sister's wedding. Looking forward to it.

Have a great week all.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Tuesdayers!

Second day of the work week.
And the first day of the rest of our 2019 count.

The daily data:
Days to the Season: 85
Days to Christmas Day: 127

And just that quickly, we discover that we are just FIVE days off from the TWO-THIRDS Milestone marker to Christmas.
(This Sunday will be a ***MILESTONE DAY***, Folks!)

Our broken record of repetitive hot and humid days continues with no relief in sight. At least it cooled off a bit yesterday evening to make my outside yard work more pleasant.
Today, the Weather Channel predicts a high of 91, with a 20% chance of rain.
Work week day number two begins here in the capital city at 75 degrees.

Have a Totally Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image