Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
I want to share something with you guys that I typed up on Facebook this am - hope you don’t think I was being to blunt or harsh, but sometimes you have to be. :

Here’s something to think about this am: I keep reading about this snow storm being such a “disappointment”. I kind of feel like a major snow fall to us an equalizer (and probably not even compared to) because people lose their homes, lives, etc to tornadoes, floods, hurricanes - I say this because when I say major - I’m talking like several feet, the ones that cause power outages, sometimes flooding afterwards, so on, but in our neck of the woods rarely do we have weather that can compare. I understand people were excited for the snow and are let down by the weathermen. We got 9-10 inches at our house, but here’s my question to you. Think right now about the people right now up east in the New England States, who will lose power, that are getting so much snow, that they are saying is going to cause flooding, or our first responders that have to brave the cold and the roads - take for example the fireman that had to battle the fire all night last in the cold in Bedford County, just as some examples. I don’t know - call me crazy. The last couple of weeks have REALLY opened my eyes, really made me realize what really matters, who my true friends are, to remember to be thankful that things like the weather, especially our weather in Central Pa, we can be so thankful God is in control. We are so blessed with four seasons, but our seasons aren’t that bad! That is your food for thought on this Sunday morning as you and your family our cuddled, saying your prayers and thankful you’re all together! God Bless. ♥️

View attachment 55154
I feel a 4 inch snow event can beautify the scenery just as nicely as a 12 inch event can. A 4 inch event will close schools and delay or postpone certain work situations. A 4 inch event also allows for safer transport of emergency vehicles. Basically a 4 inch event provides all of the “benefits” a 12 inch event does without the inherent dangers a 12 inch event brings. I guess I’m saying a 4 inch event is perfect. Anything above that becomes a pain in the you know what.

Everyone take it easy with the shoveling and cleanup. Be careful and stay warm.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Sunday!

Praying for all in the path of the storm!

We ended up getting a bit less than 2 inches which was in line with the forecast. Today it is bitterly cold out and with the windchill, it is a stay-indoors kind of day. I had to go out and feed the animals earlier ~ they all seem to be doing fine. :)

Be merry!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I feel a 4 inch snow event can beautify the scenery just as nicely as a 12 inch event can. A 4 inch event will close schools and delay or postpone certain work situations. A 4 inch event also allows for safer transport of emergency vehicles. Basically a 4 inch event provides all of the “benefits” a 12 inch event does without the inherent dangers a 12 inch event brings. I guess I’m saying a 4 inch event is perfect. Anything above that becomes a pain in the you know what.

Everyone take it easy with the shoveling and cleanup. Be careful and stay warm.

I agree with you 100%, my friend!! I was just very disappointed with people this am when I opened up social media. People were complaining that we didn't get "enough snow" and that it wasn't significant enough. I know that it's pretty and blah, blah, blah, but I think people sometimes forget the damage it can also do. People also forget that how we look at snow being beautiful and exciting, people fear the flooding, tornadoes, and hurricanes in the summer. I look at the two sides to everything.

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
NFL playoff Sunday! Lots to watch.

But business before pleasure, so let's get to work on today's count figures:
Days to the Season: 297
Days to Christmas Day: 339

And the next pending Milestone? The second one on our 2019 chart?
Well, that would be the ONE QUARTER mark to the Season.
It's proximity? Just 23 days down the road. Three weeks from the day after tomorrow, in fact!
(How can a full quarter of our Season trip be so nearly completed?? If you have any theories, please tell us!)

Last warm day, and even it won't be warm for much longer. Temps are supposed to start crashing by this afternoon and our overnight low is predicted to be 18 degrees with a high tomorrow of only 34.
I know. Not bad at all compared to the northeast. But hey. This is the south!
Our current temperature is recorded at 55 degrees here in our part of central North Carolina, and we are bathed in sunlight!.

Have a Super Sunday, Everybody.
And don't forget the two playoff games this afternoon. The winners go to the Super Bowl!
Thanks Crown! Happy Championship Sunday!

Christmas Knight

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks Crown. Enjoy the warmth while you can, we have a miserable 8° and over 26" of snow in the yard now.
Almost the same conditions where I am Warlock, there’s a wind chill advisory in effect too! Not terrible though, power works, heat works, cable works... Warm house, cold beer, playoff football on TV... I’ll take it! Stay safe!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Hello MMC friends....Hope everyone is having a fab day so far....Ive had a good day today...took the girls swimming then i went to the gym for a work out....Hoping to get a good nites sleep but to be honest i am not tired right now...Enjoy your evening ahead MMC friends:)

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening, friends! Just got dinner cleaned up and now walking the NY Pats vs. KC game. It's been a pretty relaxed day. I just did some baking and just spend time with family. Now I am just doing some research on different grocery stores, couponing, etc, and making a game plan for menu planning for the week.

Hope you're all having a great day!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
We got home at about 8 tonight from the shore. It was a great weekend. Carolina got some more barbies and a few outfits. Mike and I got a few things also. Dinner last night was homemade gravy and Gemelli pasta.
It just rained at the shore and home. We did not encounter ice on the road during our travels home. I saw some on the side of the road but none that impacted us

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We got home at about 8 tonight from the shore. It was a great weekend. Carolina got some more barbies and a few outfits. Mike and I got a few things also. Dinner last night was homemade gravy and Gemelli pasta.
It just rained at the shore and home. We did not encounter ice on the road during our travels home. I saw some on the side of the road but none that impacted us

Glad to hear you guys had a great time and had safe travels!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Monday MMC!
It’s going to be sunny but cold today with highs near 15, we’re currently at 8 degrees. I don’t have too much going on, just a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to give my parents a call later this morning and see if they need anything, I don’t want them going out in this weather. Other than that I plan on making a pot of Italian wedding soup for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Martin Luther King Day MMC! It's 3 degrees out with a wind chill of 15 below 0. Ouch. That's how it feels outside. I just happened to take today off. Good choice. But I still want to go out to brunch (IHOP) and a few errands. Mostly though staying in today, watch a Christmas show and relax some. Have a great MLK Day MMC!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

As predicted, we got a couple inches of rain Saturday night, and then it turned cold and windy. I spent Saturday working on my side business, and Sunday at mama's. Nancy worked all weekend, because it's Tax Season. Grrr. I hate tax season.

My tree is still up! Not because I'm making a statement; I've just been too lazy to take it down. LOL

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, New Week Friends.
It's hard to believe that as of tomorrow, we will be three weeks into the new year already.

And are our count numbers any more believable?
Let's check:
Days to the Season: 296
Days to Christmas Day: 338

Well if that's believable for you, try this fact on for size:
In just 22 days - THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW - we will be a full QUARTER of the way back to our long-awaited and much-coveted Christmas Season.

Well, the weather service was right on the money yesterday in their prediction of a warm start, then steadily colder temperatures during the day. It was windy too, making the day progressively more unpleasant as it wore on.
This morning, we have bottomed out at 19 degrees to start things off here and we may not reach the freezing mark for our afternoon high.

Congratulations to the Patriots and the Rams for their wins yesterday.
The Super Bowl will be a week from this coming Sunday.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image