MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Saturday ~
It’s going to be sunny, breezy and cool today with temperatures in the lower 30’s. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping. My daughters college graduation party is later this evening, we’re really looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx

I feel like we've all been anticipating this big event; hope it goes well and she remembers it for many years to come. I still remember mine.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
HoHoHello My Merry Chums! -surprise-

I haven't been able to keep up with the countdown much the last couple of weeks - sorry for that - so crazy busy with work and my brain just couldn't keep up.

I have this uncanny way of being more than a regular human with compassion; when people are going through rough times, I absorb it like a sponge, but I forget to wring it out now and then; I had to take a step back so I could focus better on everyone like a autumn leaf pile instead of individually so I could recharge my internal batteries at the same time. Work has been so busy - in a good way - still very busy.

The scene in It’s A Wonderful Life, when Zuzu looks up at her daddy (George) and says, “Teacher says, every time a bell rings, an Angel gets its wings” reminds me how I feel whenever someone here at MMC is having a merry moment. Sometimes I get that feeling when a new member joins the countdown or an old familiar name resurfaces. And a Christmas chime plays in my head whenever I have a merry moment when I see something or hear something that only Christmas lovers would appreciate during "the off season". That's why I've been spending a bit more time in the Christmas Song Every Day and Games threads. Rest assured, you've all continued to take up permanent residence, at no charge, in my thoughts and prayers.

Got my husband out of the house for a haircut today; ran some errands, talked with my dad on the phone, gave O'Malley the cat a few rubs and playing catch up a bit now.

Making meatloaf, potatoes and cream corn for dinner tomorrow; tonight feels like an ordering in kind of evening.

+d Keep a merry thought in your head! +h

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
The scene in It’s A Wonderful Life, when Zuzu looks up at her daddy (George) and says, “Teacher says, every time a bell rings, an Angel gets its wings” reminds me how I feel whenever someone here at MMC is having a merry moment. Sometimes I get that feeling when a new member joins the countdown or an old familiar name resurfaces. And a Christmas chime plays in my head whenever I have a merry moment when I see something or hear something that only Christmas lovers would appreciate during "the off season". That's why I've been spending a bit more time in the Christmas Song Every Day and Games threads. Rest assured, you've all continued to take up permanent residence, at no charge, in my thoughts and prayers.....
A passage worthy of our Special Post series, Auntie!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Thank you so much Sugar. My father is home now, still struggling to get around on his own. Hoping he gets some strength back. We’re taking it day by day. We appreciate the prayers xo
So glad to hear your dad is home!
Thank you! It's literally been a last minute type deal. We always go away right around Valentine's Day, but are thinking about going away at the end of the month instead, for a little longer of a trip (5 days, 4 nights - just long enough to get away). We're looking at either Florida or the Bahamas now, leaning more towards the Bahamas. It was literally last minute. We're possibly leaving the 19th, so we've gotta get everything in place, get everyone on board (his and my parents for sitters, etc.)
Your welcome! I hope it all gets worked out so you can enjoy a getaway
Good morning! Hope you're all having a great day so far. Waiting on DD to come home from her sleep over. DH is at work, so her friend's mom will be dropping her off. I'm just working on laundry. This evening we'll be going to his parents for an extended family Christmas. We were never able to do it over Christmas. His mother had developed a form of shingles over Christmas - on spot on her forehead, but the doctor's said she couldn't come in to contact with our niece (obviously since she hadn't had the chicken pox vaccine yet), and with myself being ill, and our work schedules, this is the earliest we could all get together.

Other than that, that's the plans for today. I hope you're all having a great day!
Hope you're having fun at family Christmas!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Double Digits February MMC! I remember saying that about January like yesterday and now it's a month later! The sun is shining but it's still cold out. But it is winter. And Tuesday we may have a bit of a stormy day with snow, sleet, ice and some rain. Hmm may be a good day to stay home and use some comp time hours I have that I need to use. We'll see. Going to my Uncle's for our monthly dinner. Have a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Merry Morning! +e

Kitchen cleaning and the making of my Italian style Meatloaf is really the only thing planned for today along with two quick errands later.

We`re going to see the boys and 4 of 7 grands this weekend; I haven`t managed to get my husband to Ottawa since the middle of May; although I went alone one weekend.

Picked up a few new more mature board games for the youngest grands, but won`t see them on this visit.

I have to go out of town Monday and Tuesday on business so I`m not sure if I`ll get to post on the next special milestone day. The weather looks good for HWY driving.

It`s been cold then raining and cold again so my neck of the woods is quite slippery.

I had a little wipeout coming home from work on Friday. I was treading carefully as I could see the glare ice, but avoiding it to get to the ice melt bucket proved futile. I slipped and fell; my right boot came down hard on the arch of my left foot. The right side that I landed on doesn`t hurt much, but the left foot feels sore and is aching where I kicked myself.

We can`t expect the snow to disappear without a little rain and sunshine to help it along. I had the window open for a bit yesterday when I was driving and I could smell a few wood stoves or fireplaces; mmmm.

Stay jolly; stay warm! -santa-

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Saturday ~
It’s going to be sunny, breezy and cool today with temperatures in the lower 30’s. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping. My daughters college graduation party is later this evening, we’re really looking forward to celebrating with family and friends. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx
Hope the party went well!

Good Merry Morning! +e

Kitchen cleaning and the making of my Italian style Meatloaf is really the only thing planned for today along with two quick errands later.

We`re going to see the boys and 4 of 7 grands this weekend; I haven`t managed to get my husband to Ottawa since the middle of May; although I went alone one weekend.

Picked up a few new more mature board games for the youngest grands, but won`t see them on this visit.

I have to go out of town Monday and Tuesday on business so I`m not sure if I`ll get to post on the next special milestone day. The weather looks good for HWY driving.

It`s been cold then raining and cold again so my neck of the woods is quite slippery.

I had a little wipeout coming home from work on Friday. I was treading carefully as I could see the glare ice, but avoiding it to get to the ice melt bucket proved futile. I slipped and fell; my right boot came down hard on the arch of my left foot. The right side that I landed on doesn`t hurt much, but the left foot feels is aching where I kicked myself.

We can`t expect the snow to disappear without a little rain and sunshine to help it along. I had the window open for a bit yesterday when I was driving and I could smell a few wood stoves or fireplaces; mmmm.

Hope your foot is ok!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Sunday! We are having a relaxing day with no plans. I love these kinds of days! I am going to make a big breakfast and I do have to run to the grocery store later for a few things. Hope you all have a great day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I know everyone is glad your Dad is home. I’ll keep praying for your parents and you. Stay strong.

Praying for continued strength and health.

I feel like we've all been anticipating this big event; hope it goes well and she remembers it for many years to come. I still remember mine.

So glad to hear your dad is home!

Hope the party went well!

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. The graduation party was so much fun! My father was not well enough to make it to the party so my mother stayed home with him. We missed them dearly, this was the first big event that my parents had to miss. I’m going to visit them today to tell them all about it and to share some pictures.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Quarter Transitioners.

Yes, indeedy!
We are just about to transition from the first to the second quarter of our Season count, despite the fact that it simply seems too early.
(Weren't we just in Christmas Season 2018??)

Well anyway, let's look at the data for today:
Days to the Season: 276
Days to Christmas Day: 318

The SECOND QUARTER of Season Count 2019.
It's just about to begin.
TWO days from today.
Be here.
Aloha.

The weather took its predicted turn yesterday and the cool down began.
This morning, it is cold at 36 degrees, but by about Tuesday, warmer weather will again stage a comeback, although it will not be as warm as last week was.

Well, you have a Super Sunday, Everybody!
I hope part II off your weekend goes well.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Sunday!
Not too much going on here today, I’m just having my coffee and I’m working on the laundry right now. I also just fried meatballs and have a pot of sauce simmering, dinner will be raviolis. I’m going to visit my parents later this morning. Back home afterward to watch an afternoon Islander game. I’m pretty tired from the party last night so I don’t plan on doing too much else. I hope everyone is well, have a wonderful day MMC!!!
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Merry Morning! +e

I had a little wipeout coming home from work on Friday. I was treading carefully as I could see the glare ice, but avoiding it to get to the ice melt bucket proved futile. I slipped and fell; my right boot came down hard on the arch of my left foot. The right side that I landed on doesn`t hurt much, but the left foot feels is aching where I kicked myself.

I hope your foot feels better!
xx

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Morning ... been a while since I checked in here. Jan to March is usually my slow time but not this year. Our daughter joined the school indoor color guard and she got a new part time job so we have been busy running her to work, practice and spending our Saturdays at competitions. Definitely makes the time go by faster ... wish it would slow down a bit though. Hope everyone has a great day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Quarter Transitioners.

Yes, indeedy!
We are just about to transition from the first to the second quarter of our Season count, despite the fact that it simply seems too early.
(Weren't we just in Christmas Season 2018??)

Well anyway, let's look at the data for today:
Days to the Season: 276
Days to Christmas Day: 318

The SECOND QUARTER of Season Count 2019.
It's just about to begin.
TWO days from today.
Be here.
Aloha.

The weather took its predicted turn yesterday and the cool down began.
This morning, it is cold at 36 degrees, but by about Tuesday, warmer weather will again stage a comeback, although it will not be as warm as last week was.

Well, you have a Super Sunday, Everybody!
I hope part II off your weekend goes well.
Thanks Crown! I can't believe we're almost 25% of the way through the count!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Merry Morning! +e

I had a little wipeout coming home from work on Friday. I was treading carefully as I could see the glare ice, but avoiding it to get to the ice melt bucket proved futile. I slipped and fell; my right boot came down hard on the arch of my left foot. The right side that I landed on doesn`t hurt much, but the left foot feels sore and is aching where I kicked myself.

Safe travels and have a great time! Hope you are feeling better!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all!

Sorry for my absence from the forums for a few day.
Health updates: Henry made it through a week of school. His fever finally disappeared last Sunday but the cough hung on through mid-week. I seemed to miss any major illness stuff. My wife ended up with a lot of congestion, headache, etc... but nothing major. She is finally starting to get back to normal today.

On Friday my wife and I went to Indianapolis to see William Shatner give a talk and showing of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It was a nice little quick get-a-way. Shatner was funny and entertaining as always.

We are getting some snow today, just an inch or two. But then it will turn to ice and then rain tomorrow. I could see a delay for school tomorrow, depending on when the warmer air comes through.

I just spend the last several hours grading papers on the Lincoln/Douglas debates for my Civil War class. There were some really good papers in there, but also some that just were not good. Overall, I have noticed a continued decline the writing ability of high school students in the last 5 years alone. Some students, juniors and seniors mind you, seem to lack some of the basics of writing. Comma placement, capitalization, staying in past tense and third person, and proper thesis statements all seem to allude some students. Sorry for the complaining session. :p

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Did anyone else happen to watch the new Alliance of American Football game last night?
I watched the San Antonio Commanders vs. the San Diego Fleet. It was a decent game. They have some different rules and it is meant as a developmental league for the NFL. There are only 8 teams and they play a 10 week season.
You can watch all of the games on their app. There are two games today as well.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I just spend the last several hours grading papers on the Lincoln/Douglas debates for my Civil War class. There were some really good papers in there, but also some that just were not good. Overall, I have noticed a continued decline the writing ability of high school students in the last 5 years alone. Some students, juniors and seniors mind you, seem to lack some of the basics of writing. Comma placement, capitalization, staying in past tense and third person, and proper thesis statements all seem to allude some students. Sorry for the complaining session. :p

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
I share your pain about students’ writing ability. Some of the younger advertising/content writers whose work I proofread—-intelligent, creative young people with college degrees—-don’t grasp some of the basic rules of grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. They sometimes forget to cap the client’s name or product names! I guess this is the new normal. I could consider it job security!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. The graduation party was so much fun! My father was not well enough to make it to the party so my mother stayed home with him. We missed them dearly, this was the first big event that my parents had to miss. I’m going to visit them today to tell them all about it and to share some pictures.

I'm sure that was very hard, but I'm sure you parents loved seeing the pictures and hearing the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image