Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Happy New Years everyone! We made it through another year and start the journey into another.
--Funny story from last night. We ordered Dominos Pizza and the delivery guy was extremely late getting to the house. He had got stuck in a road check on his way to our house which turned into 30 minutes in line. He called later after he left because I told him about a side street he could take to avoid the check again. Well...he got stopped after he left the side street for another 30 minutes. Poor guy!

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada

and Happy 8th Day of Christmas!!

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Happy New Year everyone. Did a quick shift this morning at 5am, so I was in bed by 10 last night. Now I have the rest of the day to relax and enjoy. I will take the dog for a nice long walk and bask in the cool weather.

January is always a lean month after all the preparations for the holidays. I've made it a point to "shop" from the pantry. I'll buy the necessities like milk and such, but for the month of January I'll try to use up what I already have. The end of the month, the meals may get a little creative, but I've made it work for a while now.

Looking forward to a new year and a new countdown.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Card addresses are double-checked and corrected for next year. Took longer than I expected. It's always sad crossing those who are no longer with us off the mailing list. I'm going to have a cup of tea and watch a Christmas movie.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Happy New Year all!

Well, the inside decorations are coming down today. That is normally a New Year's Eve activity for us, but the rain yesterday made it too nasty to get to our shed to bring in the bins. So, we postponed until today.

My wife is currently taking the ornaments off of the real tree. She takes care of the trees because she organizes and boxes all of the ornaments. I deal with the Christmas village, wall-hangings, Santa collection, and such. I feel like I get the better end of the deal! I do not have the patience to carefully pack each ornament from the tree.

We will see Nathan tomorrow for a bit. Then he is staying the night at a friend's house who is taking him to the airport the next morning. It will likely be summer before we see him again.

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of 2019!

Christmas Knight

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hello and Happy New Year! I've been viewing the forums throughout the last year for a festive fix. I'm still celebrating last Christmas but I look forward to joining you all in the countdown to this year's Christmas.
Welcome aboard! It’s a great place to keep your Christmas train a rollin’!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
We just took our tree and decorations down. I wound up bleeding when I was pulling on a 3M Command strip to remove a wall hook which snapped back hard. The living room feels empty now.

Winds have been picking up and temperatures have been dropping all day. Time to put on my crampons and go walk Loki. Enjoy your evening everyone!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy New Year to all my MMC family! Sorry I haven’t been on here to post the last couple of days - I’ve been responding, but haven’t really posted much. I had a set back this weekend with my health, but am improving and was able to enjoy tonight with my family. Looking forward to a new countdown with you all. God Bless!

Keeping you in my prayers, sugar! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the night with your family! {{{HUGS}}}

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
It is I, the one who used to be here everyday but now visits every few months.
Christmas still going strong here, even though I have been dealing with the PCB's since the 26th. It is a good thing, I am feeling it this year, last year I was so numb to everything after my breakdown. My decorations will be up for a few more weeks since everything went up so late this year. I didn't do my outdoor decorations until 5 days before Christmas, so I will enjoy them all for a little bit longer than my usual January 8th self imposed shutdown. My trees will be up for 2 or so more weeks. We were all sick throughout the month of November, my oldest had mono and pneumonia, my youngest had pneumonia, I had bronchitis, and my wife had a severe sinus infection. We spent a small fortune visiting the doctor multiple times for all of us. That is why everything went up so late, and why we now refer to November 2018 as the "lost month."
I am hoping to be here a lot more this year.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I have missed you all, as I have been thinking of all of you and this place.
Sorry for the long-winded greeting.
Happy New Year!
Ron

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy New Year everyone. Did a quick shift this morning at 5am, so I was in bed by 10 last night. Now I have the rest of the day to relax and enjoy. I will take the dog for a nice long walk and bask in the cool weather.

January is always a lean month after all the preparations for the holidays. I've made it a point to "shop" from the pantry. I'll buy the necessities like milk and such, but for the month of January I'll try to use up what I already have. The end of the month, the meals may get a little creative, but I've made it work for a while now.

Looking forward to a new year and a new countdown.

Shopping from the pantry is what I'm doing this month, too. :)

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello and Happy New Year! I've been viewing the forums throughout the last year for a festive fix. I'm still celebrating last Christmas but I look forward to joining you all in the countdown to this year's Christmas.

Welcome to the Countdown, Vixen!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Christmas still going strong here, even though I have been dealing with the PCB's since the 26th. It is a good thing, I am feeling it this year, last year I was so numb to everything after my breakdown. My decorations will be up for a few more weeks since everything went up so late this year. I didn't do my outdoor decorations until 5 days before Christmas, so I will enjoy them all for a little bit longer than my usual January 8th self imposed shutdown. My trees will be up for 2 or so more weeks. We were all sick throughout the month of November, my oldest had mono and pneumonia, my youngest had pneumonia, I had bronchitis, and my wife had a severe sinus infection. We spent a small fortune visiting the doctor multiple times for all of us. That is why everything went up so late, and why we now refer to November 2018 as the "lost month."
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I have missed you all, as I have been thinking of all of you and this place.
Happy New Year!
Ron
I hope everyone you had a great Christmas Season despite all the illnesses

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy New Year!
Ron

Xmas, so good to see you!!!

I'm sorry you and your family had to deal with a lost month, but glad that you are all doing better! It will be so nice to see more of you ~ you have been missed! Keeping you in my prayers!

xx

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Xmas, so good to see you!!!

I'm sorry you and your family had to deal with a lost month, but glad that you are all doing better! It will be so nice to see more of you ~ you have been missed! Keeping you in my prayers!

xx
Thank you!
We had a great Christmas despite the illness. I hope yours was great too.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I do find New Year's day the most depressing day of the year, and I'm fighting the PCB's. I do have one more day of vacation left, and one more Christmas party to attend. I'm not going to stop my Christmas music or movies yet. Friends keep telling me New Year's day is a new beginning, start looking and planning for the future, but I love reveling in the spirit of the Christmas past. They don't understand my feelings for Christmas, I'm glad all of you know what I mean. I am not alone in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image