Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

God Bless you both, Auntie. I'm sure that has to be so incredibly hard for you both. Thinking of you - hope the migraine goes away soon.

2. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

BC1299FB-48F6-422F-925D-71CD415D89C3.jpeg FE16CEF5-4EED-4936-B22C-CE44D1BD98CC.jpeg Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.

3. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

86F1CB69-CD01-4030-A501-A1F85CC3ECD6.jpeg
    Elizabeth and her tongue! How can one not smile when she does this?
    5C61C6CC-C561-4C2F-9AD5-A7A435D628BB.jpeg
    The completion of my world! (I now need a picture of all my children together.)

4. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Thank you, Sugar; he's had his challenges for the last couple of years, but the reality this time is really chomping at his EGO. Music and all things Christms helps me stay sane.

5. sugar142286

5C9163AD-3F57-467F-9C2D-F3E76FF93E6B.jpeg Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

We had a great time last night! DH and I always hold all the holidays at our house, in exception for New Years Eve - my brother likes to do that. We spent all evening until about 1 am at his house, eating a ton of food, listening to music, playing games, and watching the countdown with my family. We had a splendid time and always do.

As for the rest of the weekend, I woke up this past Friday, with what I thought was starting with an upper respiratory infection, swollen glands, and neck pain. By Saturday morning. my glands were severely swollen, and Sunday morning, if I even slightly turned my neck, I thought I would cry. I was very tired, so I took a nap and awoke and had a rash to my left upper arm, which was very itchy. My eyes were burning and my face felt very taunt. I remembered reading the side effects of the medication (well, because let's be honest, it's good to know and with being a nurse, I always want to know!), anyway, I remembered something about a rash. I looked up the side effects again of my new seizure medication and all the symptoms I was experiencing were all severe. I started myself on some Benadryl and called the on call neurologist. He told me I had to stop he medication immediately and go to the nearest ER if it became to bad. He re-started me on my old seizure medication, which seems to be helping, but --- my rash and hives are only spreading and are making me pretty miserable. I head to work tomorrow evening at 7, so if I am still this way, I am going to get a steroid shot and then get a dose pack. Included up top is a picture of where the rash started.

Anyway, enough of all that! I hope you've all had a great day! Today was football - Penn State lost - I mean, they really blew it. So until next year, football is over in our house. I've been catching up on Christmas specials & movies on the tivo

Again, Happy New Year!

6. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Hey there Xmas, good to see you here. Ironically, You were one of the ones I was just thinking about last night, while I was online here, amongst others, that have drifted off from here, like me at one time, due to life’s endless journeys and detours! Welcome back.

7. sugar142286

What a beautiful picture! I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas!

8. xmastidings

Sugar, Sugar, Sugar.... I’m just plain outright speechless, about all of that what your going through and have been through already. I wish there was something I could do to help you my friend, I feel helpless here. Maybe you should just call out and stay home and rest yourself, your body and your mind. This, or well, you, may be pushing yourself a little too hard, especially when your body is already wigging out saying to you, “hold on there nelly, things ain’t right here!”

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  9. xmastidings

Nice family photo. Man, your kids are getting big!!!

10. xmastidings

I’m happy for you e Xander. She’s beautiful!

11. sugar142286

Thank you, Xmastidings. I appreciate you caring, but I keep reminding myself, things could be worse and although yes, I would love to just call off, I just can't continue to do so, since I missed a whole week when I was just coming out of the hospital. One extra day off, really won't do much, considering I'll be off the next day again. I still have to support my family, especially since DH isn't always home and my family can't always be here to help. I'm not trying to sound mean or blunt. I hope I'm not offending you or anyone else, but unfortunately I sometimes have to keep trying too.

12. nmc42088

nmc42088 Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I pray the rash heals and you feel better soon! It's so scary having a reaction to a medicine even as an adult. Continued prayers

13. xmastidings

Gotcha! I hope you feel better soon.

14. sugar142286

Thank you both.

15. nmc42088

You are very welcome! I hope your first night back to work goes well

16. sugar142286

Thank you, friend!

17. He_Is_Born

He_Is_Born Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

Gosh you are having a time. I’ll keep you in prayer that all goes well at the job tomorrow and someone can get you feeling normal again. Be strong and be safe.

18. Kristian Jennings

Kristian Jennings Christmas Saint Merry Forums Member

Happy New Year! An another long wait begins :)

19. nmc42088

My brother and I will ne going to the hospital as soon as mike gets to my house because we just found out my cousin went into cardiac arrest. We thought the drs had everything figured out with it being vasculitis but he is now in cardiac arrest. We are praying he can come out of this

20. He_Is_Born

He_Is_Born Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

Prayers for your cousin and your family. I’m so sorry for this young man.