Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Yesterday was a difficult one as I had to go to work and then took off an hour early to greet the delivery guy with the chair on wheels for my husband. Found him on the kitchen floor; he had fallen after calling me to let me know he was going to have a nap so I wouldn't call to check on him. The cat was hiding; not sure what to make of the situation. Took half an hour to get him to his feet and to bed.

I took off and went and picked up a rollator that I had considered for two weeks, but finally had no choice.

Nearly started to cry in the car on the drive home because the reality of the situation is hard to accept for him. I drove a bit further so the music could comfort me - toughen me - so I can be strong for him.

If he doesn't want home care, then he has to accept that his legs aren't working well and he needs to use the rollator or his cane to get around to avoid a broken hip.

O'Malley isn't sure what to make of all the wheels around here; he's a bit nervous about the cane to begin with and now just watches and wonders. He rests beside my chair most of the time now. Guess I'm the "Big Cat" now.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, sure hope I kick this migraine that the fireworks caused.

Stay Jolly!

God Bless you both, Auntie. I'm sure that has to be so incredibly hard for you both. Thinking of you - hope the migraine goes away soon.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
BC1299FB-48F6-422F-925D-71CD415D89C3.jpeg FE16CEF5-4EED-4936-B22C-CE44D1BD98CC.jpeg Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
86F1CB69-CD01-4030-A501-A1F85CC3ECD6.jpeg
Elizabeth and her tongue! How can one not smile when she does this?
5C61C6CC-C561-4C2F-9AD5-A7A435D628BB.jpeg
The completion of my world! (I now need a picture of all my children together.)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
God Bless you both, Auntie. I'm sure that has to be so incredibly hard for you both. Thinking of you - hope the migraine goes away soon.

Thank you, Sugar; he's had his challenges for the last couple of years, but the reality this time is really chomping at his EGO. Music and all things Christms helps me stay sane.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
5C9163AD-3F57-467F-9C2D-F3E76FF93E6B.jpeg Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

We had a great time last night! DH and I always hold all the holidays at our house, in exception for New Years Eve - my brother likes to do that. We spent all evening until about 1 am at his house, eating a ton of food, listening to music, playing games, and watching the countdown with my family. We had a splendid time and always do.

As for the rest of the weekend, I woke up this past Friday, with what I thought was starting with an upper respiratory infection, swollen glands, and neck pain. By Saturday morning. my glands were severely swollen, and Sunday morning, if I even slightly turned my neck, I thought I would cry. I was very tired, so I took a nap and awoke and had a rash to my left upper arm, which was very itchy. My eyes were burning and my face felt very taunt. I remembered reading the side effects of the medication (well, because let's be honest, it's good to know and with being a nurse, I always want to know!), anyway, I remembered something about a rash. I looked up the side effects again of my new seizure medication and all the symptoms I was experiencing were all severe. I started myself on some Benadryl and called the on call neurologist. He told me I had to stop he medication immediately and go to the nearest ER if it became to bad. He re-started me on my old seizure medication, which seems to be helping, but --- my rash and hives are only spreading and are making me pretty miserable. I head to work tomorrow evening at 7, so if I am still this way, I am going to get a steroid shot and then get a dose pack. Included up top is a picture of where the rash started.

Anyway, enough of all that! I hope you've all had a great day! Today was football - Penn State lost - I mean, they really blew it. So until next year, football is over in our house. I've been catching up on Christmas specials & movies on the tivo

Again, Happy New Year!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ron

Hey there Xmas, good to see you here. Ironically, You were one of the ones I was just thinking about last night, while I was online here, amongst others, that have drifted off from here, like me at one time, due to life’s endless journeys and detours! Welcome back.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
View attachment 54286 View attachment 54289 Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.

What a beautiful picture! I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
View attachment 54292 Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

We had a great time last night! DH and I always hold all the holidays at our house, in exception for New Years Eve - my brother likes to do that. We spent all evening until about 1 am at his house, eating a ton of food, listening to music, playing games, and watching the countdown with my family. We had a splendid time and always do.

As for the rest of the weekend, I woke up this past Friday, with what I thought was starting with an upper respiratory infection, swollen glands, and neck pain. By Saturday morning. my glands were severely swollen, and Sunday morning, if I even slightly turned my neck, I thought I would cry. I was very tired, so I took a nap and awoke and had a rash to my left upper arm, which was very itchy. My eyes were burning and my face felt very taunt. I remembered reading the side effects of the medication (well, because let's be honest, it's good to know and with being a nurse, I always want to know!), anyway, I remembered something about a rash. I looked up the side effects again of my new seizure medication and all the symptoms I was experiencing were all severe. I started myself on some Benadryl and called the on call neurologist. He told me I had to stop he medication immediately and go to the nearest ER if it became to bad. He re-started me on my old seizure medication, which seems to be helping, but --- my rash and hives are only spreading and are making me pretty miserable. I head to work tomorrow evening at 7, so if I am still this way, I am going to get a steroid shot and then get a dose pack. Included up top is a picture of where the rash started.

Anyway, enough of all that! I hope you've all had a great day! Today was football - Penn State lost - I mean, they really blew it. So until next year, football is over in our house. I've been catching up on Christmas specials & movies on the tivo

Again, Happy New Year!

Sugar, Sugar, Sugar.... I’m just plain outright speechless, about all of that what your going through and have been through already. I wish there was something I could do to help you my friend, I feel helpless here. Maybe you should just call out and stay home and rest yourself, your body and your mind. This, or well, you, may be pushing yourself a little too hard, especially when your body is already wigging out saying to you, “hold on there nelly, things ain’t right here!”

Last edited:

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
View attachment 54286 View attachment 54289 Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.

I’m happy for you e Xander. She’s beautiful!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Sugar, Sugar, Sugar.... I’m just plain outright speechless, about all of that what your going through and have been through already. I wish there was something I could do to help you my friend, I feel helpless here. Maybe you should just call out and stay home and rest yourself, your body and your mind. This, or well, you, may be pushing yourself a little too hard, especially when your body is already wigging our saying to you, “hold on there nelly, things ain’t right here!”

Thank you, Xmastidings. I appreciate you caring, but I keep reminding myself, things could be worse and although yes, I would love to just call off, I just can't continue to do so, since I missed a whole week when I was just coming out of the hospital. One extra day off, really won't do much, considering I'll be off the next day again. I still have to support my family, especially since DH isn't always home and my family can't always be here to help. I'm not trying to sound mean or blunt. I hope I'm not offending you or anyone else, but unfortunately I sometimes have to keep trying too.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
View attachment 54292 Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

Again, Happy New Year!

I pray the rash heals and you feel better soon! It's so scary having a reaction to a medicine even as an adult. Continued prayers

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Thank you, Xmastidings. I appreciate you caring, but I keep reminding myself, things could be worse and although yes, I would love to just call off, I just can't continue to do so, since I missed a whole week when I was just coming out of the hospital. One extra day off, really won't do much, considering I'll be off the next day again. I still have to support my family, especially since DH isn't always home and my family can't always be here to help. I'm not trying to sound mean or blunt. I hope I'm not offending you or anyone else, but unfortunately I sometimes have to keep trying too.

Gotcha! I hope you feel better soon.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Gosh you are having a time. I’ll keep you in prayer that all goes well at the job tomorrow and someone can get you feeling normal again. Be strong and be safe.

Kristian Jennings

Christmas Saint
MMC Member
Sep 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
** OFFICIAL THREAD - CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN 2019 **

Hello, Friends!
For the 13th consecutive year here at My Merry Christmas (and the 16th year overall) it is time once again to begin another Countdown!

Here are the statistics since we began the Season Countdown idea 15 years ago:
2004 = 1,217 posts (Christmas.com) = 3.3 posts per day.
2005 = Over 2,700 posts (Christmas.com) = over 7.4 posts per day.
2006 = 3,756 posts (The Christmas Place) = 10.3 posts per day.
2007 = 1,957 posts (MMC, where the thread was not launched until July) = 12.1 posts per day.
2008 = 5,103 posts = 13.9 posts per day.
2009 = 8,231 posts = 22.6 posts per day.
2010 = 16,226 posts = 44.5 posts per day.
2011 = 31,091 posts = 85.2 posts per day.
2012 = 39,183 posts = 107.1 posts per day.
2013 = 59,747 posts = 163.7 posts per day.
2014 = 63,096 posts = 172.9 posts per day.
2015 = 56,859 posts = 155.8 posts per day.
2016 = 58,288 posts = 159.3 posts per day.
2017 = 18,081 posts = 49.5 posts per day.
2018 = 19,707 posts = 54.0 posts per day.
(Interestingly, we had a significant drop off in 2017, but then an uptick for 2018. Not sure why but, as always, the quality of our posts remains high. And that's the most important thing!

So, here we are ready to go again, at the start of 2019.

A word of explanation. We are running a dual countdown in this thread - one for Christmas Day and one for the start of the Christmas Season (November 13).
There seems to be general agreement among our group that we look forward to the entire Christmas Season rather than just to Christmas Day itself.
But why November 13?
Well, it just seems about the right time to regard the season as arriving. That date is exactly 6 weeks before Christmas Day and is around the time the public at large is beginning to really get into the holiday spirit. Most of the malls and stores have decorated. And starting the season then gives us exactly 50 days (Nov 13 through Jan 1) to enjoy being "within" the season, giving it a depth that is lacking with just the Christmas Day count by itself.

We also enjoy noting special "Milestones" along the way (see the chart below).

And there is one date you CERTAINLY do not want to miss! Many of us gather here on the evening of November 12 for our annual hour by hour and then minute by minute countdown to the start of the Season at midnight Eastern Time. It's something we really look forward to and is truly great fun!

OK then, Folks.
Jump on board once again to enjoy reading the posts and following the count, which begins today at 316 to the Season and 358 to Christmas Day.

Here is a list of our Christmas Season and Christmas Day countdown Milestone markers:

CHRISTMAS SEASON MILESTONE MARKER CHART
January 17 = Day 300
February 12 = 1/4 mark
March 15 = 1/3 mark
April 27 = Day 200
May 15 = 1/2 mark
July 14 = 2/3 mark
August 05 = Day 100
August 14 = 3/4 mark
October 07 = 90 percent (The Home Stretch begins)
November 13 = THE CHRISTMAS SEASON ARRIVES!

CHRISTMAS DAY MILESTONE MARKER CHART
February 28 = Day 300
March 26 = 1/4 mark
April 26 = 1/3 mark
June 8 = Day 200
June 26 = 1/2 mark
August 25 = 2/3 mark
Sept 16 = Day 100
Sept 25 = 3/4 mark
Nov 18 = 90 percent
December 25 = MERRY CHRISTMAS!

- CROWN
Happy New Year! An another long wait begins :)

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
My brother and I will ne going to the hospital as soon as mike gets to my house because we just found out my cousin went into cardiac arrest. We thought the drs had everything figured out with it being vasculitis but he is now in cardiac arrest. We are praying he can come out of this

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
My brother and I will ne going to the hospital as soon as mike gets to my house because we just found out my cousin went into cardiac arrest. We thought the drs had everything figured out with it being vasculitis but he is now in cardiac arrest. We are praying he can come out of this
Prayers for your cousin and your family. I’m so sorry for this young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image