Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tax Day MMC! We have some thunderstorms this morning to start the week. Looks like we are in for a couple of nice days ahead and then rain the 2nd half of the week and into the weekend unfortunately. Hopefully that changes. The weekends have been nice so far this spring for the most part. Have a great Monday aka Tax Day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It's snowy here again the ground is slushy and I'm glad I'm not driving. I'll have to bring double footwear for this short journey just to be prepared.

Have a merry week!
Stay jolly!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Fellow MMC Citizens!
Another brand new week has arrived, accompanied by a brand new set of count figures.
In addition, we are rapidly closing in now on TWO, back-to-back Milestone markers!

Days to the Season: 212
Days to Christmas Day: 254

And our two markers (both now down perilously close to SINGLE DIGITS) are, in order of arrival, the 1/3 point to Christmas day and the 200-day Season Window.
The former will be here in just 11 days while the latter lurks one day behind, at 12 days.
So much to look forward to as the month winds down!

More rain and the threat of severe weather yesterday and last night but things look to be much calmer and more dry today, where our high should reach a cooler reading in the low 60's before the 70's return for tomorrow.
Both days show a low chance of precipitation.
Our kick-off temperature for the new week is 60 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Monday MMC!
I woke up around 4:00am and couldn’t fall back asleep because we had a strong thunderstorm passing through. I might have to sneak a nap in later! I’m going to make a Target run this morning. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores and I’m going to make a pot of Italian wedding soup for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Fellow MMC Citizens!
Another brand new week has arrived, accompanied by a brand new set of count figures.
In addition, we are rapidly closing in now on TWO, back-to-back Milestone markers!

Days to the Season: 212
Days to Christmas Day: 254

And our two markers (both now down perilously close to SINGLE DIGITS) are, in order of arrival, the 1/3 point to Christmas day and the 200-day Season Window.
The former will be here in just 11 days while the latter lurks one day behind, at 12 days.
So much to look forward to as the month winds down!

More rain and the threat of severe weather yesterday and last night but things look to be much calmer and more dry today, where our high should reach a cooler reading in the low 60's before the 70's return for tomorrow.
Both days show a low chance of precipitation.
Our kick-off temperature for the new week is 60 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Happy Tax Day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

I ran home from work on Friday with my latest golf cart part. I started removing the old part, then found another burnt part behind the part I was planning to change. SO...I ordered the latest part, and it should be here today. I'm reminded of the old Johnny Cash song about building a car from pieces. I'll try again today.

Saturday was Elizabeth's prom, so Nancy asked me to work on the yard. I mowed the lawn, pulled weeds and trimmed the hedges. *Tired* Elizabeth was, of course, the most beautiful girl there, and we parents all got to go inside to see the "Senior Walk" where the seniors are recognized and photographed. Then we were asked to leave LOL.

Sunday was full of stormy weather, but today is BEAUTIFUL, getting up to the mid-70's. Of course, by Thursday it'll be close to 90°.

Today is April 15th, so Nancy has another tax season behind her after 5pm!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

-sun-

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy New Week!

Today's a holiday in Boston and some of its environs, so my office is closed today. :D We had some stormy weather earlier, but it seems to have passed now. Planning to have a leisurely day here.
Nice. Happy holiday in Boston!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Sometimes when things are going wonky; little things help me smile - like the Robin singing outside the window or watching a family shopping together without using their cell phones or buying a treat for the cat and watching him enjoy it - tried him out last night and this morning with a milky textured tuna and chicken treat - he devoured and mewed his thank you.

My dad will join me up at the hospital later this morning.

Then I'm going to hopefully connect with a Real Estate agent about a ground level home; we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your support and words of encouragement and good vibes.

Keep a merry thought in your head +i
At least some things are keeping the O'mal kitty his usual self...:)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Well more drama - he tore out his IV and the doctor we saw in the CCU said that he didn't want any kind of heroics if anything happened. Despite me telling him that they couldn't treat him to help him get well without the tools to monitor his condition.

He thinks with all those things taken off he can come home. I told him that it was about his mobility and independence and we would work at getting him home next week with proper support from P.T.
He was so angry with me; he wanted me to help him escape.

I had to leave and I'll try again tomorrow and see if his mood has changed.

2 grandchilden, his ex and number 2 son are coming tomorrow so I hope he is passed the angry phase and ready to enjoy their company.

There are a bunch of small pine and fir trees set up at the grocery store for spring yard work; whenever crap gets in the way - I see signs of Christmas so I can stay Merry.

Spotted my first Robin crossing a lawn on the corner and another swooping and landing on a branch of my old ash tree while I was pulling into my parking spot.

+eJolly on! :tree:
Indoor Signs of Spring Dept: A tiny moth flitted around the living room Sunday afternoon, and a "wormy worm"(A brown red critter that curls up into a coil if you touch it.) made its way across the basement floor.

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Hello all,

Last night's thunderstorm was interesting. Never really had a storm this early in the year before. Needless to say, the dog wasn't liking it. We put him in his Thundershirt™ which helped him calm down a bit. Then today couldn't make up its mind regarding the weather. First it was raining, then snowing, then bright and sunny. The wind has finally calmed down and it looks like the rest of the night will be clear.

Easter is coming and I still have to figure out what to serve for dinner. The BIL and his family are coming so there'll be probably just six of us. I'm leaning towards a nice baked ham with a brown sugar maple glaze. I'll pick that up later this week.

Left work the other day and went to start the car and it just died. After the slight panic, I checked the engine and saw that one of the screws connected to the battery had come off, so the clamp wasn't fully connected. I took it off and put it back on and pinched it closed, so it would connect with the terminal. Luckily, the car started and now I purchased a new screw for the clamp.

I hope everyone it having a good start to their week. I'll chat soon.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Monday!

This morning there was an inch of ice in the back of the truck but the day warmed up fast and it melted. Have to keep tabs on the basement as the yard in back was flooded as was the back of the seasonal creek. It could be an interesting week as there are several days where rain is forecast.

The past few days I've been itching to get the garden going. My chives are already sprouting, so yesterday I made scrambled eggs with garlic chives for dinner ~ yummy! The catnip survived the winter and there are several patches all around. I don't have to move that many this year as the ones I moved last year seem fairly happy where they were put. All but the spearmint have come up, so I have plans to get a few more plants in a week or so. Almost planted some pumpkin seeds today. I made chipotle pumpkin soup and used the last pie pumpkin. The seeds were in good shape and the patch is ready, but it is still a bit too cold. I'm really looking forward to having fresh veggies out of the garden, especially zucchini. Last year I had eight plants, but this year I want to double the amount. Such a versatile vegetable!

Have a merry week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy 2nd Half of April MMC! Not sure about for all of you but March and April have been going so fast it's crazy. And now we're into Easter Week. With Easter being late this year I think it will make it feel like a shorter journey to Memorial Day after that. Anyway, just another day at work today and then taking Rollins to the park after. Have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Second-Day'ers!
And 'tis indeed the second day of the week.
So let's take a second and consider the latest unredacted data.

Days to the Season: 211
Days to Christmas Day: 253

And also presented in its entirety is the status of our two pending Milestones, which arrive on successive days prior to month's end.
2019 marker number 6 is the ONE THIRD point to Christmas Day and it will arrive in a mere TEN days. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow.
Following directly on its heels will be marker 7, the TWO HUNDRED DAY SEASON WINDOW, set to appear on our doorstep in just ELEVEN days.
(The excitement builds, Folks!)

At last a dry day here yesterday, albeit a bit cooler, with temps barely reaching 60 degrees.
Today will see us warm to about 70, again with no rain.
For now, we are situated at a chilly-for-mid-April 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everybody!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

I didn't get a chance to work on the golf cart yesterday. Nancy said our nephews were playing soccer (church league), and wanted to go to the game. Then we visited her dad. Then it was dark. Maybe today.

Nancy called this morning to say that a smoke alarm went off this morning, but then it stopped. I went home and found nothing. I came back to work, then went home again to double-check. Nothing. I burned some eggs on the stove this morning, so I'm thinking that particular detector (the only one that went off) might be more sensitive than the others. Still, it's hard to be comfortable. I went throughout the house, and even in the attic, and found no problems. I'll change the battery in that unit today, and see if it happens again.

It's another beautiful day here in Bellville! I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image