AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had a nice Christmas pillow on my couch and it matched perfectly, so I left it out to remind me of the joy of Christmas.

I have a Hallmark one; a gift from two Christmases ago that rests on the bed.

Reactions: sugar142286

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A windy, rainy, snowy, sleety day today. The ups and downs of the weather has been matching my mood of late. I found a picture of Ralph, one that was taken during the same session when his official Air Force photo was taken. He has the biggest smile on his face and looks so very happy. I love that photo.

Over the course of the past year or so, there has been a foot-tall woodpecker in the woods. I've never seen it, although my brother did. I tried tracking it down by sound, but the only woodpecker I ever found that way was a little one, and I do mean little. That bird was so small you could barely see it on the tree branch. The other day I was outside waiting for my sister to come over and I heard a loud knocking in the woods. I was standing on the handicap ramp, looking out into the woods and right on the border of yard/woods, near the path to the pond, was the foot-tall woodpecker. My sister said Ralph was sending me a sign. Nice thought, that. :)

Praying everyone is safe during the storms and for peace and healing for those in need.

I wonder if it was a Pileated Woodpecker - those are my favourites. I believe that birds are messengers.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Haven't posted for 7 years and joined in 2012 whilst I was doing a year's work in the US. Doesn't mean I don't read and also appreciate the contributions of those who do and keep the spirit and heart of Christmas close all year around. There isn't another site like this not this side of the pond either. The candle is always faintest just before the new year (for me at least) by mid-January we'll be knocking those milestones down again!

Welcome back - don't be a merry stranger. Hang out with us; it keeps me jolly.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning, y'all! Hope everyone is in a jolly mood on the last big event of 2019.

Plans for this evening? Well, there is some food on the smoker. Should be done about 5. After that, we might go to a movie....or we might stay home and watch a movie. Who knows?

What I do know is that I will struggle trying to stay awake until 11:00 central. If I can make it here at 10 central, I should be fine. However, even 10 is a struggle. Maybe a nap today will help.

If for some reason (sleep) this is my last post on this thread for the year, I want you all to know how much fun I had. Like always, it has been a blast. I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

I took a nap at 4:30, but it may have back-fired as now I'm more tired than I was when I went to bed.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Playing cards with my family!

Reactions: AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone! The last countdown of the year is under way.

An “ugh” New Year’s Eve this year. Mr. has had a miserable cold for nearly a week, and one is just starting for me. There’s a good chance we won’t be awake for midnight ... if so, it’ll be the first time since we were married, and even before that we both had a tradition of staying up to see in the New Year. We’ll see how we feel, but based on how I feel right now, maybe not. I was just out stocking up on tissues and cold medicine.

My husband and I used to go to bed around 8:00 and wake up two hours later and dance to music and then watch the ball drop. Last night, I had insomnia so it was after 1:00 a.m. before I got to sleep. Hopefully, I can make it tonight to close this thread down and greet the new one.

I thought I ordered a healthy Christmas for you and Mr.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just a short rant of frustration here:
So as I mentioned earlier, I fixed my son's new arcade joystick by rewiring the joysticks. I still contacted customer service because all three joysticks should work on a new product.
Issue #1: When I called, I was told to first go to the website and create a ticket there. This bothers me as I prefer to talk to a living person. Oh well, so to the website I go.
Issue #2: I have to create an account on the website in order to create a troubleshooting ticket. But I do it, because... what choice is there.
Issue #3: When I create the ticket, they want a proof of purchase. This means I have to take a picture of the receipt, download it to my computer so I can upload it to the ticket. I know there must be a lot of people scamming the company for free joysticks. :rolleyes:
Issue #4: I get an email back with the instructions to open the panel and see if the wires are properly connected. I already did this, but ok no problem. But the next instruction is that if the wires are ok (which they are) I will need a new joystick. However, in order to obtain said joystick, I have to create another ticket and this time include a video of the joystick not working!!!! Are you kidding me! The company makes a product that fails to work as promised and the burden is on me to take a video to prove it. Because again, people scam the company of out crappy arcade joysticks all of the time!!! :mad:

Not to mention, for me to remove the joystick and put in a replacement, I have to first figure out how to remove the insane amount of glue which is clogging the top of every screw head.

Whatever happened to good customer service, where the company goes out of its way to make things right!

OK, sorry rant over! Thanks for listening/reading.

I was trying to recall with whom I was arguing with a few months ago. The person wound up hanging up on me instead of patching me through to the right person. I was more angry than frustrated. I called back on another contact number and had a similar experience. I think it had something to do with Home Depot customer service, but it could have been Walmart.

On another call with my cable provider; there was no questions about my remote other than that I did in fact check to ensure it wasn't the batteries that were the issue and I received a new one within a week. No hassle, no forms.

That's the way it should be.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had terrible insomnia last night. I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00 a.m. and was up at 5:30, with a few wake-ups in between.

Ran a few errands today and it took me over 10 minutes to unbury my car from the snow we received - mild enough that the ice earlier in the day had not created too much build up.

The Families First Fireworks just ended at 9:10; O'Malley didn't seem to get started by the sound like he has in previous years.

It's so overcast that I could hardly see them through the kitchen window.

I have been listening to some New Year's Eve songs on YouTube.

Having a late dinner and then hopefully, I'll be back on here in a few hours to count down to the New Year - new thread with you.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
My husband and I used to go to bed around 8:00 and wake up two hours later and dance to music and then watch the ball drop. Last night, I had insomnia so it was after 1:00 a.m. before I got to sleep. Hopefully, I can make it tonight to close this thread down and greet the new one.

We WERE healthy for Christmas...it’s our New Year’s that’s not too good! We’re still hanging in there, though! Watching the Marx Brothers and Wheeler & Woolsey. Hoping you’ll make it to midnight!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We’re not going to make it. Mr. is just feeling too rough and needs his rest. I’m losing altitude too. Time to have a slug of NyQuil and hit the sack. If I don’t check in again before midnight...Happy New Year, and I’ll see you in 2020!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I had terrible insomnia last night. I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00 a.m. and was up at 5:30, with a few wake-ups in between.

Ran a few errands today and it took me over 10 minutes to unbury my car from the snow we received - mild enough that the ice earlier in the day had not created too much build up.

The Families First Fireworks just ended at 9:10; O'Malley didn't seem to get started by the sound like he has in previous years.

It's so overcast that I could hardly see them through the kitchen window.

I have been listening to some New Year's Eve songs on YouTube.

Having a late dinner and then hopefully, I'll be back on here in a few hours to count down to the New Year - new thread with you.

SO much classier in those days. Now, it's little more than a rock fest.
One critical clip missing, though. The Guy Lombardo Orchestra, a sentimental New Year's Eve staple for many years until he died. And that's when the beautiful New Year's Eve music started to die, too.
I don't bother with it any more until just before the ball drops.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

What a beautiful memory! ❤️

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Under an hour to go!

Reactions: Christmas Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities