Super Elf
May 18, 2020
User name: Jeff Westover

Christmas Review Type -- Christmas Product

What is it called? -- Scentsicles

Please provide a link, if available-- https://scentsicles.com

Photo Upload -- sensicles.jpg

How did you acquire it? -- I bought it

Where did you purchase it? -- Big box store (Walmart, Target, etc)

How much did you pay for it? -- $5

In your own words please explain your experience, what you liked, what you didn't, etc. -- I really miss the tradition of cutting down a tree partly because the smell it brought into the house was always so tremendous. It added a lot to the season. Living in a place where a real tree is just not possible this seemed like a great idea. But instead of making our artificial tree smell like a real tree these things just made it smell like a candle. It's a great idea that's just not perfected yet. You only need one or two on the tree at a time. My daughter put like ten on the tree at first and it cleared the room for three days. They do diminish in potency over a couple of days.

Was it worth the money? -- No

Please give a rating -- 3 Stars - Average

Would you recommend this to other Christmas enthusiasts? -- No

Any advice or suggestions you would give to the maker, artist or producer? -- I have half a container full of these things leftover after the season. Not sure if they will be good next year. The package I bought had way too many for just one season and I think they might be better packaged at a lower quantity for a better price.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
User name: Jeff Westover

Christmas Review Type -- Christmas Product

What is it called? -- Scentsicles

Please provide a link, if available-- https://scentsicles.com

Photo Upload -- View attachment 69512

How did you acquire it? -- I bought it

Where did you purchase it? -- Big box store (Walmart, Target, etc)

How much did you pay for it? -- $5

In your own words please explain your experience, what you liked, what you didn't, etc. -- I really miss the tradition of cutting down a tree partly because the smell it brought into the house was always so tremendous. It added a lot to the season. Living in a place where a real tree is just not possible this seemed like a great idea. But instead of making our artificial tree smell like a real tree these things just made it smell like a candle. It's a great idea that's just not perfected yet. You only need one or two on the tree at a time. My daughter put like ten on the tree at first and it cleared the room for three days. They do diminish in potency over a couple of days.

Was it worth the money? -- No

Please give a rating -- 3 Stars - Average

Would you recommend this to other Christmas enthusiasts? -- No

Any advice or suggestions you would give to the maker, artist or producer? -- I have half a container full of these things leftover after the season. Not sure if they will be good next year. The package I bought had way too many for just one season and I think they might be better packaged at a lower quantity for a better price.
I've used these for a few years. You should be able to use your "leftovers" the following year if you screw the lid on tightly. I've used one container over 2 years. I didn't find the smell as "candle-like" as you did---seemed reasonably realistic to me.

ponytramp

Dashing through the snow ..
MMC Lifer
Sep 21, 2019
new england
Thank you for the reviews. I've seen these and thought it was a great idea. It's nice to hear about people's personal experiences.

:tree:

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I use these every year and hang them all over the tree. I like them a lot, I think they really do smell like a real tree.

Reactions: ponytramp and Rich

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
I wait until after season sales to purchase these (White Winter Fir). One stick a month inside the truck does the trick.

Storeytime

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jan 1, 2007
Texas
www.texaselectricalservices.com
I used these on a small tree I had in my bedroom. I really liked them. I only put two on and it really gave the tree that fresh, real smell. They lasted the whole Christmas season.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image