Day After Thanksgiving

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I used to go out early to try to catch some sales. But I have a 1 year old so I havent done that the past few years and probably wont this year again. Since Thanksgiving is a little later this year then last I hope to have most of my Christmas decorations up the week before Thanksgiving. That way I can just relax and enjoy leftovers as well as our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving!

:hello:

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Thanksgiving

More TURKEY! mmmmmmmm yummy!
More Football!!!!
Then lots of Christmas specials as I pull out the Christmas Decorations for Outside!!!
WOO WOO!!!
:tree::snowball:

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
That's the day we go to buy our tree. We have been doing this ever since my oldest was born 14 years ago. We then always eat a ton of leftovers from Thanksgiving! It's always a fun day....provided my kids don't complain about it being to cold. LOL You never know here in Ga if it's going to be 70 the day after Thanksgiving or 45 degrees.cheesy

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
:sparkle: It all sounds so wonderful! And is. It really, really is.

misjordi

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 6, 2007
Connellsville, PA
I always sit at home as usual, hubby goes back to work. But this yr I may have him take the day off, and I may go shopping with my best friend. I can't wait, it's gona be fun!!!!

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
Ooh the Day AFter!

My younger sister and I plan for this day all year!! In fact, if you look at my myspace page, you'll see a countdown ticker for "The Day After Thanksgiving Day Sale!" I love to get up at the crack of dawn and shop with my sister. When we reach our stores we're going to shop in, something comes over us. Our eyes glaze over. And it's history!!
Until we get to do it again!! Then we come back to the house and :carve::stuffed:

wantabe

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Aug 24, 2008
southwest Ga
Me and my best friend always hit the Black Friday sales then eat lunch and shop some more!! BUT, this year my best friend is not going to be able to get off work:-?--I hope I can manage not to get too focused on missing her and ruin the day...:-?

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
The day after Thanksgiving I usually finish up decorating, actually I spend most of the weekend doing that as well. I eat leftovers and if my husband wasn't lucky enough to be off for Thanksgiving I do another dinner all over again for him and invite his mom down to eat with us.

sassafrasdawn

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Tennessee in the USA
My sister, my daughter and I all get up in the wee hours of the morning to get ready to hit the stores at 5a.m. to be sure to rack up on as many door busters as possible and then catch as many sale items as we can. We are usually exhausted by lunch time and return to our homes loaded down with bargain finds and then spend the rest of the day trying to hide them in the perfect hiding places until we can get them wrapped over the weekend. LOL It's a lot of fun but I am so worn out by the time I get home and get them all hid that I crash for the rest of the day and night.

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Putting up my decorations now and the rest of this weekend and we shop on Friday!!!

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Wantabe -- since your "Black Friday Shopping Partner" has to work that Friday -- maybe you can get a couple of bargains for her. And call her, to let her know how things are going!

bigbearfla58

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Lifer
Jan 14, 2008
The Day After Thanksgiving

:tree:

I am super organized so I have all my Christmas decorations laid out in the order they will be placed around the house. I even have pictures. I always make a big pot of turkey stock and soup the day after. I go through my pictures, update my cooking notebooks with what worked and what didn't. Download pictures and start to send out my Christmas cards.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image