Day After Thanksgiving

Head Elf

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 8, 2007
N.E. Arizona
this year, I will be able to go shopping on Black Friday because the spouse will be working 7 12's. So, my Christmas shopping should be done rather quickly. If that doesn't work out, then I can set up the trees and the reindeer room.

kidzrme

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 20, 2006
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA.
I don't get the day after Thanksgiving off, ever. I always have to work the holidays. :(

G

gameshowguy2000

I don't get the day after Thanksgiving off, ever. I always have to work the holidays. :(

At least you get Thanksgiving off, as well as Christmas (Remember, people, ALL businesses are CLOSED on Christmas. Not one business is open.)

officepro4u

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 6, 2007
Apopka, FL
www.officepro4u.com
At least you get Thanksgiving off, as well as Christmas (Remember, people, ALL businesses are CLOSED on Christmas. Not one business is open.)

Not unless you work in a hospital or other health care facility! They work 365 days a year.

Diana :tree:

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Good point

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Wait! But my dad's run out to buy egg nog at the local 7-Eleven? and Milk and Eggs!

Maebeary

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Oct 24, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I went out shopping once, the day after Thanksgiving...and that was only because I wasn't home. I was out of town. That's the day I decorate my house...after giving it a good dusting on the day before Thanksgiving. I'm not doing Thanksgiving this year so I may start on Thanksgiving....who knows? (If my husband has a say, it won't happen on Thanksgiving.--he grew up with the tree going up the week of Christmas.) Outside decorations usually go up the weekend before Thanksgiving.

caseydbell

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 5, 2005
Houston Texas
caseydbell.wordpress.com
I'm not a fan of either, but I watch the Texas V. TAMU game, eat leftovers and whatever, its just me, dad, uncle, and kids at the house eveery year, this year i may go to my grandmothers to help her decorate.

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:razz:I usually decorate, listen to christmas music, watch christmas movies. My husband has to work the dsay after Thanksgiving, so if we do any shopping, it will be done after he gets home!

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Yeah, Each year i pull out the decorations, and there are two boxes that i dig for... The christmas music/dvds and the box holding my advent calander!

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:sparkle:

I am outside with a LARGE smile on my face all the while I am putting up my outdoor lights and decorations. This year, I intend to play Christmas music while I am working. I may even play it so loud that people in Montana my even hear my Christmas music!

M

mammaduke

ON THAT DAY WE WILL BE PUTTING UP OUR TREE, & ALL OUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN THE HOUSE. HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER WILL BE HALF WAY DECENT SO WE CAN GET ALL THE OUTSIDE LIGHTS & STUFF OUT.:celebrate:

mrspenguin

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 24, 2007
Connecticut
Leftovers, and a movie at home. That is my hubby's busiest day of the year at work.(for some reason people decide they need to buy their snow tires while they are out Christmas shopping) So we don't do much else. But we usually go to the movies and see a new holiday movie on Sat. night.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
What movie are you seeing this year?

M

mammaduke

:merry:After we get all our stuff up we"ll watch all the christmas specials that they are having on tv that night.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
The day after thanksgiving is nearly as wonderful as Thanksgiving itself for me!

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
Shopping,Shopping and more shopping for myslef,my mum and 2 sisters,sometimes my niece and daughter come with us.lunch with the girls dinner with the boys and hot chocolate all around with christmas music playing.

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
If I have the money, the Black Friday sales get a visit from me. That evening we decorate the Christmas Tree(s) listen to Christmas tunes and eat leftovers while sipping on cappuccino and hot chocolate. I can't wait! :hello:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image