Halloween 2021 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I just wrote down #827 on my desk calendar for 10/31/21, so I can check back on our forecasts! LOL!
No heat wave here, Rich. Going to be a high of 53 F, but sunny so a pretty nice day for Halloween. I hope you are getting some nice weather for trick or treat!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I really thought the weather might surprise us and give us a heat wave! But today's weather here is a high of 53 and cloudy with tonight dipping down to 30! Wednesday's low is going to be 23, BRRRR! Hope the weather is good for you Rich

I didn't see them, they said that they would be low to the horizon so I think there was just too much light pollution. I even checked at 3:00 am, but no luck.

How about you, did the Northern Lights show up for you?
I totally forgot about that. :D
The weather is near perfect. 64-58 with clear skies during Trick or Treat hours.

Cedar Grove

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Aug 31, 2020
East Tennessee
I’m here in the darkened front room, sitting in the glow of my tablet, drinking hot chocolate and listening, for spooks and hobgoblins, who might approach the front door, or for spirits from the other realms who take this night to push through and enjoy the crisp October weather on this night midway between summer and winter. The old ones say these visitors are what you’re feeling when you step outside and the wind swirls through the trees, you hear voices in the distance, the dogs bark, and your hair rises a bit.

Now, you may scoff at this, but consider:

When you step out tomorrow the world will be different. It will be on the lawns, on the rooftops, in the air; something golden. The Holidays will be here! While those spirits of the past were creating a Halloween diversion, they were also opening the door for the Spirits of Christmas Present and Future.

So step outside this evening, listen to the wind swirling overhead, and raise your cup in a toast to these heralds of the best time of the year.

Yes, I’ll have another hot chocolate, please.

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Halloween evening, guys and gals! New thread is UP for 2022 Countdown!

Later this evening, this thread will become locked, so please join me on the new thread as we take the first steps toward Halloween 2022, TOMORROW!

THANK YOU TO ALL, who have been a part of this thread this year! I hope to see you all in the new thread. ALL are welcome!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
This is SS thread so I do not want to overstep him but I just wanted to say this has been fun and thank you to SS for doing it. As someone who does year-round threads I know it's not easy. But having everyone here who contributes makes it fun for all of us.

Yeah we all love today October 31. Halloween is awesome. But for me it's this entire last 2 months. Honestly, the Halloween Season really seems to start in late September but this 2-months of Sept/Oct together is hard to beat. And I'm so thankful I got to go apple picking, Halloween light show, Haunted Hayride, Halloween Movie & Haunted escape room. Never did 5 activities like that in one month. Next year? I hope to add the trail coming back and another event we found that promises to return in 2022. I won't do the escape room so if I do both the others I'd have 6 activities. So much fun. Looking forward to the new thread for Halloween 2022!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I really thought the weather might surprise us and give us a heat wave! But today's weather here is a high of 53 and cloudy with tonight dipping down to 30! Wednesday's low is going to be 23, BRRRR! Hope the weather is good for you Rich

I didn't see them, they said that they would be low to the horizon so I think there was just too much light pollution. I even checked at 3:00 am, but no luck.

How about you, did the Northern Lights show up for you?
I didn't see them either, not any of the three nights. We have had clouds. I am going to get up middle of the night just to double check. Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list so.........

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image