Halloween 2021 Countdown!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I can help with what you guys want to do. Just let me know and I'll make it happen.
Thank you Sir! I think closing this thread by 9:00 PM the evening of Halloween will allow me enough time to get the "new" thread up, and include the link to that here in this old one. Then, basically for November 1st, we are all on the ground rolling with the "new" one.

Thanks again!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 3

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

Only 3 days left until Halloween is here! As you can see, we've already got wheels turning / moving for the "new" thread which will go up at around 8:00 PM on Halloween Night. I'll have to take a small break from Christmas decorating to come inside and create the new one!

I hope all enjoy their day! Almost a wonderful October weekend again. There's nothing better!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
We really are in the home stretch now. I'm so glad the cool weather made a return just in time for Halloween. It makes a difference when you take the kids out trick-or-treating and it actually feels like Fall as opposed to an icky humid evening.

We've got our Halloween plans lined up and ready to roll on the big night. Show of hands: Who else is having pizza on Halloween night?

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Thank you Sir! I think closing this thread by 9:00 PM the evening of Halloween will allow me enough time to get the "new" thread up, and include the link to that here in this old one. Then, basically for November 1st, we are all on the ground rolling with the "new" one.

Thanks again!
No worries...I'll lock it down. Great thread!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm still wondering what I'm having for lunch today.

We really are in the home stretch now. I'm so glad the cool weather made a return just in time for Halloween. It makes a difference when you take the kids out trick-or-treating and it actually feels like Fall as opposed to an icky humid evening.

We've got our Halloween plans lined up and ready to roll on the big night. Show of hands: Who else is having pizza on Halloween night?
I plan on having pizza and donuts for dinner.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The weather here is shifting for Sunday, now the high is down to 54 degrees and cloudy, if this forecast holds I hope some of you get the sunny weather and warmer temps!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 2

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

We have nearly reached the end of our journey back to Halloween. Our journey back to The Bers concluded some time ago, and we punched the ticket to reaching "Halloween Season" shortly after. Just like our amazing and beloved Christmas season, it is a time that goes by entirely too fast.

Our trip to Skyline Drive / Shenandoah National Park has been moved until Sunday. Off and on rain in the forecast for tomorrow won't make for a good time. We are supposed to have cold weather, but sunny skies on Sunday. I am hoping for another good sunrise, I hope it is not cloudy that morning. It is also a time that the park should be at peak foliage.

FINALLY Michael is making an appearance again tonight on TV, with Halloween 1 and 2 on AMC. I don't believe they have played him on TV here regionally since about October 9th / 10th. That's a travesty!

Have a great day friends. Tomorrow will be my looking back - introspective post on Halloween 2021!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Had to go MIA from the forum these past few weeks since we decided to buy a house. So between that and getting this one ready to sell something had to give! But I wanted to step and say Happy Halloween to everyone in here and say thanks for keeping this thread going. I've REALLY enjoyed it and can't wait to get back to it when the dust settles. You all got me thru some long stretches and helped me appreciate the present day all the more. Hope you all have a GREAT Halloween weekend. We're going to enjoy our last Halloween in this house, which is bittersweet. But onwards and upwards!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh

I'm actually having my favorite pizza tonight since they are closed on Sunday. I guess it is Halloween weekend pizza then.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Had to go MIA from the forum these past few weeks since we decided to buy a house. So between that and getting this one ready to sell something had to give! But I wanted to step and say Happy Halloween to everyone in here and say thanks for keeping this thread going. I've REALLY enjoyed it and can't wait to get back to it when the dust settles. You all got me thru some long stretches and helped me appreciate the present day all the more. Hope you all have a GREAT Halloween weekend. We're going to enjoy our last Halloween in this house, which is bittersweet. But onwards and upwards!
Happy Halloween. Hope you enjoy the new house.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
@SolidSnake84, thanks for doing this thread. It's been a fun ride. I can honestly say that having the Bers and Halfoween/Halloween countdown helped me get through the offseason and the dreaded summer months this year, and this thread made the wait so much fun. I can hardly wait to see what you've got planned for the next one.

Looking forward to your retrospective post tomorrow!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Halloween my friend. What an exciting new chapter in all y'alls life. Can't wait to hear about your new home when things settle down.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
@SolidSnake84, thanks for doing this thread. It's been a fun ride. I can honestly say that having the Bers and Halfoween/Halloween countdown helped me get through the offseason and the dreaded summer months this year, and this thread made the wait so much fun. I can hardly wait to see what you've got planned for the next one.

Looking forward to your retrospective post tomorrow!
I know I'm good company when I read "dreaded summer months."

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Morning Halloween Fans! It's been a heck of a thread. I think we didn't miss a day of counting right SS? And I think you weren't sure if you'd do it every day. Great fun/job. Have a great day!

I don't believe there was a day where we missed the count. I do remember having plenty of "crazy countdown days" where I had the numbers jacked up, but I was always able to go back in and fix / edit the posts. Thank goodness for you all here who helped keep me straight.

I remember when I first started the thread, I wasn't sure if I was going to do it every day, or weekly, etc. But I'm glad I decided to do it every day. And I appreciated you being one of the volunteers who offered to fill in for me if I was away. I was fortunate to not miss any time away from MMC for any reason this year. Knock on wood in 2 more days I can say that we kept time the entire countdown. But should something come up on the 2022 thread, I feel good knowing there are lots of capable people here who can step in when need be!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image