Halloween 2021 Countdown!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I found someone in my neighborhood still rocking their Halloween decorations last night. Which begs the question: How long is too long to leave your Halloween decor up? Normally I'd silently implore them to take it down just because I am ready for more Christmas at this point, but being that this is 2020, I actually found it nice to see Halloween decor still up.

Next year when I get my outside decorations, I might have to keep a mix of Halloween and Christmas up for about a week.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I found someone in my neighborhood still rocking their Halloween decorations last night. Which begs the question: How long is too long to leave your Halloween decor up? Normally I'd silently implore them to take it down just because I am ready for more Christmas at this point, but being that this is 2020, I actually found it nice to see Halloween decor still up.

Next year when I get my outside decorations, I might have to keep a mix of Halloween and Christmas up for about a week.

Precisely why I made the decision this year to include the "Halloween" Ceramic tree with our other Christmas ceramic lighted trees, when they all go out this weekend. Also, we do have purple and orange trees outside to incorporate Halloween into the Christmas decorations. And that is because Halloween, I consider to be part of the Christmas Season!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Who else is happy it's Friday? Can you believe a week ago we were all planning and excited for our Halloween Weekend? Well only 51 weeks to go :). Have a great Friday!

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 359
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 328
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 175

Good Morning! Our Halloween count has now entered into the 350's ! And today marks exactly one week until Friday the 13th! I shouldn't even have to tell you what that day's movie choice will be.

My hunt for plastic jack o lantern candy buckets continues! I figured it would be easy to find them, but not so much! I truly wonder if maybe COVID has created issues with the countries where they are produced. I'm sure my search will eventually yield replacements, even if they have to come through unconventional channels like flea markets or yard sales!

Hope all enjoy this Friday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 358
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 327
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 174

Happy Saturday morning! We have advanced another day in our countdowns, a comforting thought even if you feel like time is passing by fast or slow. In the end, it is passing just the same. I want it to pass slow right now, because I think the window of time that we are in right now is the most special. The 4 month run from September - December.

I'm off early today to haul my final load of wood pellets, we are ready for the winter here. In all likelihood today will be the final time that we mow grass. There are probably a few more weekends worth of cleaning up leaves, but I believe this is it mowing-wise.

Have a happy Saturday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 358
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 327
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 174

Happy Saturday morning! We have advanced another day in our countdowns, a comforting thought even if you feel like time is passing by fast or slow. In the end, it is passing just the same. I want it to pass slow right now, because I think the window of time that we are in right now is the most special. The 4 month run from September - December.

I'm off early today to haul my final load of wood pellets, we are ready for the winter here. In all likelihood today will be the final time that we mow grass. There are probably a few more weekends worth of cleaning up leaves, but I believe this is it mowing-wise.

Have a happy Saturday!
Thanks SS! And I'm off to search out those post Halloween sales. Hard to believe we already are a week since Halloween happened.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 357
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 326
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 173

The countdown marches ever forward!

In just 5 days we will have FRIDAY THE 13TH! Sort of a Jack O Lantern Day / Halloween cheat day! I didn't consider it for 5 minutes before deciding that Friday the 13th here will provide my final opportunity to watch the "Jason" movies before 2021 arrives! I am working out a schedule in my head for my movie marathons that I am going to run as part of the 21' Jack O Lantern Days, and I plan on posting it here probably in January as I begin hyping up our first JOD of 21. Feel free to watch along with me, or pick your own!

Also, we are now just 7 days from our first milestone of the 2021 Countdown, 350 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN, which we will reach NEXT SUNDAY! Be here.

Have a great Sunday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 357
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 326
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 173

The countdown marches ever forward!

In just 5 days we will have FRIDAY THE 13TH! Sort of a Jack O Lantern Day / Halloween cheat day! I didn't consider it for 5 minutes before deciding that Friday the 13th here will provide my final opportunity to watch the "Jason" movies before 2021 arrives! I am working out a schedule in my head for my movie marathons that I am going to run as part of the 21' Jack O Lantern Days, and I plan on posting it here probably in January as I begin hyping up our first JOD of 21. Feel free to watch along with me, or pick your own!

Also, we are now just 7 days from our first milestone of the 2021 Countdown, 350 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN, which we will reach NEXT SUNDAY! Be here.

Have a great Sunday!
Thanks SS! Glad to see you keep the count going all week long. I am watching some leftover Halloween shows still through the next 2 weeks. Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 356
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 325
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 172

Happy Monday!

Two big things happening this week, that are cause for celebration, IMO.

FRIDAY THE 13TH is happening on , um, FRIDAY of this week. I consider it a "cheat day", so those that are brave enough can follow along with me as I watch Friday the 13th part 1 and 2, or do your own thing and watch another movie, or watch no movie, and do whatever you want! But like I said, this is a cheat day, and can kind of whet our appetite for Halloween, and I feel that we should take advantage of it, because after Friday, it will be a fairly long march as we will have 79 days until our first Jack O Lantern day of the season. Trust me when I tell you how good it will feel to celebrate that day when you take into account that most people's Christmas Lights and Trees are down, Rudolph Day was a week ago, and we will be looking for pick-me-ups as we march out of the longest, darkest month of the year!

We are now also just 6 days now from celebrating our first milestone of the 21' countdown, which will be our 350 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone that we will reach on SUNDAY. I'll make sure to enjoy some of the leftover apple cider from Friday the 13th.

And the last news of this lengthy post, is that I have finally found my replacement pumpkin candy pails. With varying shipping time, they should comfortably be here early next week! Have a great Monday, folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 356
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 325
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 172

Happy Monday!

Two big things happening this week, that are cause for celebration, IMO.

FRIDAY THE 13TH is happening on , um, FRIDAY of this week. I consider it a "cheat day", so those that are brave enough can follow along with me as I watch Friday the 13th part 1 and 2, or do your own thing and watch another movie, or watch no movie, and do whatever you want! But like I said, this is a cheat day, and can kind of whet our appetite for Halloween, and I feel that we should take advantage of it, because after Friday, it will be a fairly long march as we will have 79 days until our first Jack O Lantern day of the season. Trust me when I tell you how good it will feel to celebrate that day when you take into account that most people's Christmas Lights and Trees are down, Rudolph Day was a week ago, and we will be looking for pick-me-ups as we march out of the longest, darkest month of the year!

We are now also just 6 days now from celebrating our first milestone of the 21' countdown, which will be our 350 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone that we will reach on SUNDAY. I'll make sure to enjoy some of the leftover apple cider from Friday the 13th.

And the last news of this lengthy post, is that I have finally found my replacement pumpkin candy pails. With varying shipping time, they should comfortably be here early next week! Have a great Monday, folks!
Thanks SS! Lots of things to look forward to as you mentioned for Halloween Fanatics!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I was just thinking of how exciting it is going to be celebrating the first JoL Day AND Rudolph Day in January when usually during that time of the year I'm steeped in post Christmas depression. It really does give me something to look forward to by bringing a little of the holidays into next year.

I was thinking since I don't like scary movies much, maybe I'll play some scary games instead? I have no idea why I can't bring myself to watch certain horror movies but I have no problem playing Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

If all else fails, I can always watch something like Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie, or any other number of animated Halloween movies. That way my kids can watch too.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I was just thinking of how exciting it is going to be celebrating the first JoL Day AND Rudolph Day in January when usually during that time of the year I'm steeped in post Christmas depression. It really does give me something to look forward to by bringing a little of the holidays into next year.

I was thinking since I don't like scary movies much, maybe I'll play some scary games instead? I have no idea why I can't bring myself to watch certain horror movies but I have no problem playing Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

If all else fails, I can always watch something like Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie, or any other number of animated Halloween movies. That way my kids can watch too.
You're forgetting about another holiday here, TOM TURKEY DAY! Just think about how awesome it will be the first month that we get to do Tom Turkey Day, Rudolph Day, and Jack O Lantern Day! I believe this will happen in January! If that is not a magical sampling of the most special time of the year ever, I don't know what is!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 355
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 324
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 171

Happy Tuesday Halloween Peeps! Knowing that we have Friday the 13th coming up, our little "cheat day", it has been soooo tempting to play the "Jack O Lantern Day" Playlist, but I am holding off! I truly truly do not want to "cut in" on Christmas Season! I have decided that I will indulge in it just a bit that evening while I do the Friday the 13th Marathon, because once this weekend is over, we have a fairly long haul to Jack O Lantern Day, but I think we can all agree that it won't be as hard passing the time because we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to keep us company, and I will never wish those away!

Hope you all enjoy your Tuesday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Just five days until the first milestone! I might do something just a tiny bit celebratory when we hit 350, like drink coffee out of my Halloween mug. I know, I'm such a rebel. :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 355
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 324
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 171

Happy Tuesday Halloween Peeps! Knowing that we have Friday the 13th coming up, our little "cheat day", it has been soooo tempting to play the "Jack O Lantern Day" Playlist, but I am holding off! I truly truly do not want to "cut in" on Christmas Season! I have decided that I will indulge in it just a bit that evening while I do the Friday the 13th Marathon, because once this weekend is over, we have a fairly long haul to Jack O Lantern Day, but I think we can all agree that it won't be as hard passing the time because we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to keep us company, and I will never wish those away!

Hope you all enjoy your Tuesday!
Great thing is we almost get 2 months "free" of counting back to Halloween because we're solidly in the Thanksgiving/Christmas Season the rest of the year after it ended!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Great thing is we almost get 2 months "free" of counting back to Halloween because we're solidly in the Thanksgiving/Christmas Season the rest of the year after it ended!
Yes, @Edge612 , you are exactly right! When Thanksgiving/Christmas season is over, and it is January 31st, and we are celebrating Jack O Lantern day, all of a sudden we will realize that it's only 3 months until Halfoween, and only 7 months until THE BERS are back, all of a sudden, Halloween got a lot closer. Almost like it sneaks up on us! 2 free countdown months, I love it!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 354
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 323
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 170

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! And Friday the 13th Eve, Eve! Look at the countdown to "Halfoween", it will enter into the 160's TOMORROW. And we are just teetering on a couple more days until we celebrate our first milestone of the new countdown season, the 350 day milestone that we will reach on Sunday! How spooktacular!

I am working from home today, my very first time doing it since the pandemic started. But I am well, I have plumbers in and out of the house today, finishing up the last of the re-piping that is going on in the crawl space. It was a project that started in early July, and is finally finishing up now. In July they replaced about 14 feet of kitchen and bathroom drainage pipe, and today, they will be replacing the main sewer line. The old cast iron pipes made it almost 54 years!!

I hope all have a great Wednesday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Yes, @Edge612 , you are exactly right! When Thanksgiving/Christmas season is over, and it is January 31st, and we are celebrating Jack O Lantern day, all of a sudden we will realize that it's only 3 months until Halfoween, and only 7 months until THE BERS are back, all of a sudden, Halloween got a lot closer. Almost like it sneaks up on us! 2 free countdown months, I love it!
I love breaking down the countdown into terms like this. It makes the wait more bearable; suddenly instead of fretting that our favorite holidays are a year away, you think "Oh, 3 months from January until Halfoween? I can survive that!" And the same goes for Christmas as well. It really puts a positive spin on what used to be such an agonizing wait.

Now if only Hobby Lobby put their Halloween and Fall items out as early as they started putting Christmas stuff out...

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I love breaking down the countdown into terms like this. It makes the wait more bearable; suddenly instead of fretting that our favorite holidays are a year away, you think "Oh, 3 months from January until Halfoween? I can survive that!" And the same goes for Christmas as well. It really puts a positive spin on what used to be such an agonizing wait.

Now if only Hobby Lobby put their Halloween and Fall items out as early as they started putting Christmas stuff out...
It would be nice indeed. Even in the pandemic state, Hobby Lobby still solidly had Christmas stuff out by early May (which was about 2-3 weeks later than normal because of the store closures), and had the beginnings of Fall by the first week of June! I was told by a worker at the store that the reason that they did not get in any Halloween stuff this season was because some of the deliveries were screwed up because of the countries that went into full lockdowns during the early part of the pandemic.

I will be watching in 21' to see if Hobby Lobby returns to Halloween stuff. It is also my plan to keep a full list of all of the stores I go to, and make a note of when I see Christmas / Fall / Halloween items. I've always wanted to keep a full running log like @Rich does. He has an amazing one!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image