Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 354
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 323
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 170

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! And Friday the 13th Eve, Eve! Look at the countdown to "Halfoween", it will enter into the 160's TOMORROW. And we are just teetering on a couple more days until we celebrate our first milestone of the new countdown season, the 350 day milestone that we will reach on Sunday! How spooktacular!

I am working from home today, my very first time doing it since the pandemic started. But I am well, I have plumbers in and out of the house today, finishing up the last of the re-piping that is going on in the crawl space. It was a project that started in early July, and is finally finishing up now. In July they replaced about 14 feet of kitchen and bathroom drainage pipe, and today, they will be replacing the main sewer line. The old cast iron pipes made it almost 54 years!!

I hope all have a great Wednesday!
Thanks SS! I'm still enjoying the Halloween lights I'm seeing out there. I love how it kind of hangs around for a little. The season doesn't just "end"..

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 353
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 321
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 169

Happy Thursday Morning! And Happy FRIDAY THE 13TH EVE!

We survived the horrible rains yesterday, our trusty rain gauge says it rained just over 2 inches. Thank God we had no flooding, and our plumber was able to finish the repiping job before the rains got horrible! It means that I'm probably going to have to mow again this weekend. I really thought we were done for the season, most of us did. Anyhow, enough about me, let's get on to the count!

We are three days out from hitting our first major milestone, the 350 DAY milestone, which we will ring in on Sunday. The "Days until October 1st" count will enter a new set of digits SATURDAY, and lastly, the best news today, Our "Halfoween" count has now entered the 160's!

I personally suspect that the count will pick up steam once Thanksgiving / Christmas is over, as seemed to be the case last year. We got under 300 days in January, and I really felt like time started really moving after that, As it does when any count gets under 300 days. But I'll pump the brakes! I think none of us want the count to go fast these next two months! Nobody wants to rush away Thanksgiving or Christmas!

Hope everybody has a great Thursday! And Friday the 13th Eve!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! We had a rainy day and night here. It's still raining lightly this morning. As SS said nobody wants to rush Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it's still hard to believe where we are in the year. I only have one complaint about October...it went too fast. For some reason it goes faster than the other months it seems. Have a great day Halloween Fans!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I agree with you, Edge. October went by way too fast. November is going by even faster. I'm all ready for 2020 to be over, but I want to enjoy my beloved Ber months first!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 352
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 320
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 168

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!!

Today is a day that distinctly has two themes, and I'm really digging how it feels. 98% of us on MMC are celebrating today being the first day of CHRISTMAS SEASON, and I too am definitely happy for that fact. In fact, I am finishing up the decorating of my cube at my office today!

But there is the smaller portion of us, the Halloween Fanatics as I lovingly call us, that is going to take in a tiny bit of Halloween today because it is FRIDAY THE 13TH!

I uncorked the Halloween playlist on my iTunes, and it is ready to go for when I go out for my workout, and also as I kick around the house tonight before settling into my FRIDAY THE 13TH MINI MARATHON. I am watching Part 1 and 2. I plan on burning my pumpkin candle / wax cubes to set the mood tonight while I watch Jason. I'm also going to grab some Apple Cider while I am out and about today.

And If anybody is celebrating a tiny bit today with me, I ask that you please enjoy this day, because it will be a fairly long haul until Jack O Lantern day, officially clocking in at 78 days beginning TOMORROW. We've got our first milestone of the new season coming up on SUNDAY, which is when we reach the 350 days to Halloween Milestone. My plan, as always, is to focus on these small chunks of time. And remember, we essentially are being provided TWO "FREEBIE MONTHS" that we don't have to pine for Fall / Halloween too much as our attentions are focused on Thanksgiving and Christmas! Just think how different our counts will look after our two FREEBIE MONTHS are over!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Friday Halloween Fans! As SS said it's "Friday the 13th"! That is always a little special day. Definitely makes you think about Halloween. Maybe a few spooky shows this weekend will help add to it. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 351
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 319
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 167

Good Morning!

Friday the 13th didn't disappoint here! I used my Halloween playlist yesterday evening while around the house, and when it came time to settle down in front of the TV for Friday the 13th Part 1 & 2, I went ahead and turned on the giant Costco Halloween pumpkin, and plugged in the electric Jack O Lantern to set the mood.

As a bonus, it got a little windy last night, and the street light made some awesome shadows from my weeping willow tree, my wife describes them as "Halloween Shadows". It really felt like the real thing last night. And the awesome thing is, this was just a tiny sampling of a Jack O Lantern Day. January 31st is going to be awesome! So with that being said let's get to the numbers!

We are now just ONE day before celebrating our 1st milestone of the 2021 countdown season, the 350 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN, which we will ring in tomorrow! Also, if you look at the "Days to October 1st", we have now entered into the 3 - teens. This one is going to go fast, so keep your eye on it!

Hope all have a fantastic Saturday! That concludes the post - Friday the 13th wrap-up!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's that time of year you start to really realize it's over and start focusing on Thanksgiving ahead of us. But I have to say I am taking one more trip to the store trying to find extra Halloween stuff on sale. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good Morning, and Happy Milestone Sunday! A milestone Sunday? We aren't at one already are we? Well a quick check of the numbers show that YES WE ARE:

350 Days until Halloween.jpg

DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 350
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 318
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 166

That's right! We have hit the first milestone of the 2021 Halloween Countdown, and tomorrow we enter into the 340's as we begin the new week. I do anticipate that these counts will roll a little "easier" as we go through the remainder of our two "Freebie Months". And last, as a little bonus since today is a milestone day, I give you this: 77 Days now until our 1st Jack O Lantern Day of 2021. That's not even 2 1/2 months. I mention Sunday in the graphic. October Sundays are really special to me. That's a hint, I'm never subtle enough, so some may guess what I am planning for the inaugural JOD of 2021, oh well, it will be fun! Enjoy your SUNDAY today! :)

1st Jack O Lantern day of 2021.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's time to enjoy your Sunday isn't it? Well that's what us Halloween Fans do even in November. I did see some Halloween stuff on sale but didn't pick anything up. Going to another store to look today. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good Morning! Milestone days never disappoint, and yesterday was a sure great day. I took the opportunity to go ahead and order my replacement pumpkin candy bowls that I use for decorations in the mulch beds! They should be here by Thursday. Let's jump into the numbers:

DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 349
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 317
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 165

As you can see, our "Days to Halloween" has finally entered into the 340's, having reached the 350 day marker yesterday! Very similar to the Christmas countdown, I feel that the spell between the day after Christmas and New Year's eve seems like time stops! But we are rolling again now. And our freebie months are certainly going to make a dent in those numbers without us even realizing it! The other two counts are going to reach milestones of their own over the next two weeks; Days to Halfoween will hit 150 Days on December 1st, followed up by Our Days to October 1st, which will reach 300 days on December 3rd!

I hope all enjoy the new week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! As we move farther away from our spooky time of year we start thinking Thanksgiving Thoughts. To me it all goes together which is wonderful. Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I missed Friday the 13th and Milestone Sunday! That's disappointing...truly the weekend got away from me. I took Friday off work, but little did I know that I'd be busy helping my Dad install an A/C unit on Saturday and helping my wife's grandmother pack up her house on Sunday! It was surprisingly busy!

Thankfully, we're still in the "bonus months," and I know there will be many more milestones and Friday the 13ths to come! That 150 to Halfoween on December 1st is going to be sweet!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I missed Friday the 13th and Milestone Sunday! That's disappointing...truly the weekend got away from me. I took Friday off work, but little did I know that I'd be busy helping my Dad install an A/C unit on Saturday and helping my wife's grandmother pack up her house on Sunday! It was surprisingly busy!

Thankfully, we're still in the "bonus months," and I know there will be many more milestones and Friday the 13ths to come! That 150 to Halfoween on December 1st is going to be sweet!
I'm just glad to see you posting here! These are crazy times, and the first thing you think when you don't see your online buddies for a few days, is that COVID or some other scare has happened! Glad you are okay.

There will be lots of things to celebrate in the coming weeks / months, trust me on that!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I'm just glad to see you posting here! These are crazy times, and the first thing you think when you don't see your online buddies for a few days, is that COVID or some other scare has happened! Glad you are okay.
Thanks! And yeah, I know what you mean. When you suddenly disappeared from r/Christmas back in the Spring I thought the same thing! Glad it turned out that you were just here the whole time!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I forgot to mention on Sunday I found some candy 75% off. And some decorations too. It's a Halloween Fans dream come true in November. Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Thanks! And yeah, I know what you mean. When you suddenly disappeared from r/Christmas back in the Spring I thought the same thing! Glad it turned out that you were just here the whole time!
Yep you and Geoffe were the only ones who kept in touch with me after I left r/Christmas for good. I was kind of surprised, but not really I guess. I was here the whole time and posting on both sites, but after the spring I came here 24/7. The only way I would return to the r/Christmas sub would be on behalf of this place in an "official" capacity, as an ambassador of sorts, or if asked to promote one of our events, blogs, etc.. This is my home now.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 348
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 316
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 164

Happy Tuesday Morning! Getting right into Halloween news, my plastic candy buckets arrived yesterday, and I am sad to say they are only about 1/2 the size of the pumpkin buckets I am used to. I will still use them as decorations, but as soon as the big orange pumpkin buckets hit Walmart again next summer, I am going to buy some up, and maybe get a set of spares to keep up overhead in my shed for when replacement time comes in a few years. The old buckets made it 7 years!!

Today the weather turns noticeably colder here, highs only in the mid 50's. Winter will be here soon folks. Looking at the long range forecast, we have another gorgeous weekend with temps in the 60's, and I wonder if that will be the "last" good weekend before the cold is here to stay, you know, save for the odd day here and there over the winter where it gets in the 70's, etc..

Have a great Tuesday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 347
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 315
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 163

Good Morning! Here at the halfway point now in another week, as we continue to put countdown numbers behind us. Looking quickly at the counts, the next 2 weeks are going to be fun, as we will see the both the "Days to October 1st" count hit 300 days, and "Days to Halfoween" hit 150 days. Quite fantastic if you ask me!

There's a Harry Potter marathon on SyFy this weekend. Why? I have no idea, but I think it is really awesome! Huge Halloween vibes from those movies, which I think mostly is from how SyFy promotes it beginning mid-September, but I will be happily watching either way!

Enjoy the Wednesday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Still enjoying those leftover signs of Halloween. We decorated really nicely for Halloween/Thanksgiving this year and have kept both up. They seem to fit perfectly together. I'm so excited for turkey soon but I also am still loving the leftover Halloween stuff. What a great time of year it is. Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image