Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! My friend CW who posts in Thanksgiving Thread said his kids want to get rid of Easter stuff and go straight to the Halloween decorations. Hey you can't blame the kids for having good taste can you? Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 256
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 226
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 72

Good Morning! Mid-way point on the week now. Always feels good. Can you believe that NEXT WEEK we see the end of the month?! February really is going by like we figured it would.

To comment on something @Edge612 said this morning concerning going from Easter to Halloween decorations, my mind went over to candy. Unless I am missing something because of excitement beginning to claim my brain regarding Halfoween, I believe that in terms of candy, HALLOWEEN is up next following Easter, no?

I'm trying to think hard this morning and I don't recall seeing anything 4th of July or Summer-themed in the way of Reese's candies. So I think we are around 5 months away from starting to see Halloween candy in the store again, no? Have a great Wednesday!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

Good Morning! Mid-way point on the week now. Always feels good. Can you believe that NEXT WEEK we see the end of the month?! February really is going by like we figured it would.

To comment on something @Edge612 said this morning concerning going from Easter to Halloween decorations, my mind went over to candy. Unless I am missing something because of excitement beginning to claim my brain regarding Halfoween, I believe that in terms of candy, HALLOWEEN is up next following Easter, no?

I'm trying to think hard this morning and I don't recall seeing anything 4th of July or Summer-themed in the way of Reese's candies. So I think we are around 5 months away from starting to see Halloween candy in the store again, no? Have a great Wednesday!
Closest I can think of are Firework Oreos, but I don't think they make them anymore.

Reactions: Edge612

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I just realized that I missed posting the Seasonal Candy of the Week yesterday! Well we can't have that...it's unacceptable! So I'm here a day late with a new seasonal offering for your candy dish as we move towards Easter season. Feast your eyes on this:

1613570811026.png
What you are looking at is my favorite Easter candy: Cadbury Mini Eggs. What's so special about these? Well, honestly nothing. They're like big M&Ms: chocolate covered by a hard candy shell. But there's just something about them that makes them so much better than just an M&M. Maybe it's the fact that they're seasonal, or maybe it's because one of these is the size of like three regular M&Ms put together so there's way more chocolate. Whatever it is, they have the undeniable ability to make me eat them by the bag.

Next week I'll try to present the Seasonal Candy of the Week on time! Have a great Wednesday, fellow spooks!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

Okay, but IF my kids don't give me candy for Mother's Day, they be out of the will.......just sayin'

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I just realized that I missed posting the Seasonal Candy of the Week yesterday! Well we can't have that...it's unacceptable! So I'm here a day late with a new seasonal offering for your candy dish as we move towards Easter season. Feast your eyes on this:

View attachment 79732
What you are looking at is my favorite Easter candy: Cadbury Mini Eggs. What's so special about these? Well, honestly nothing. They're like big M&Ms: chocolate covered by a hard candy shell. But there's just something about them that makes them so much better than just an M&M. Maybe it's the fact that they're seasonal, or maybe it's because one of these is the size of like three regular M&Ms put together so there's way more chocolate. Whatever it is, they have the undeniable ability to make me eat them by the bag.

Next week I'll try to present the Seasonal Candy of the Week on time! Have a great Wednesday, fellow spooks!
And the Cadbury chocolate is so much creamier than in M&Ms. Yum.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

View attachment 79732

Easily the best Easter candy. M&M's have their time and place but these are more of the fancy holiday version of those. Even the crack of the shell is more satisfying.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 255
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 225
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 71

Good Morning! We are smack dab in the middle of a major snow storm here. We have probably 2 inches on the ground so far, and it is suppose to snow all day, until the early hours of tomorrow morning! Final call for our area is 6-10 inches! I will probably make the first pass with the snowblower around noon today!

I am working from home today, something I absolutely detest, as our office is closed because of the snow storm, and over the 11 years that I've been there, I can only remember a few times where we were closed for an entire day. There has been many more 2 hour delays and getting to close early.

What is it about SNOW that dampens down the Halloween thoughts? I guess it is because it makes me think of Christmas so much, which I will never complain about. Just last night I was rushing around trying to get some stuff done before the snowstorm, and it made me think of how crazy / hectic those days leading up to Christmas are, and I compared in my head to how basically all of September & October just have a comfortable, lazy pace. Those October weekends we all love and daydream about. Oh well. They are on their way again, and will be well appreciated when they get here again! Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Snake, something you said yesterday really resonated with me - you mentioned how next week was the end of the month, and it totally caught me off guard at first. I had to go check my calendar, and sure enough after next week is over we'll be in March.

Let that sink in for a second: Next week is the last week of February. When I realized that, I got a sudden surge of joy. This month FLEW by. I know February is the shortest month, but wow.

I don't know about you, but to me the feeling of March is entirely different than January and February. It's kind of like when you crank up the speed on a treadmill and you are past the "warm up" phase of your workout. Not to take away from the milestones and celebrations we've already had, but it feels like the year is finally underway and moving out of the warm-up phase. Beloved events like Christmas Hunting won't be far behind!

THEN you mentioned that after Easter candy, Halloween was the next seasonal candy that will hit shelves, and that almost blew my mind. I know that's still months away, but it already got me thinking about Halloween this year and all the possibilities. So thanks for a dose of "the feels"!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Yes Easter stuff may be out but it definitely is just a reminder of Halloween to us. It's the "opposite" side of the year but the candy comes out 6 months before the Halloween stuff does. Have a great day!

Reactions: LadyLynn and cgmcav

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 254
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 224
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 70

Good Morning Halloween fans! Digging out of the snow here now. We had just around 8 inches. Fortunately none of the ice came, that they were calling for. It's going to be gone in a few days too, as we warm up into the 40's now, and have a couple of days next week that break 50 degrees!

This weekend we are gonna witness something pretty awesome with the count too, and that's seeing the "Days to Halfoween" get down into the 60's. It's amazing. I heard a rumor last week that the Spring / Garden Center will be opening up to the public this weekend at Lowes. I'm gonna take a trip over there on Saturday or Sunday and see.

Yep, dreams of Spring and the time change are what is driving me now. Funny how that works. In about 4 months I'll be begging for fall weather and early sunsets again. But right now Spring just gets us that much closer to The Bers, and more specifically HALLOWEEN! Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
70 days until Halfoween is thrilling, absolutely, but take a look at that "Days to October 1st" count. Before March is over we'll be breaking into the 100s! I'll be thinking of Halloween candy as I'm eating Easter candy.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 253
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 223
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 69

Good Morning Halloween Fans! Now at another weekend, it's hard to not think of October, and their wonderful, lazy weekends we all know and love.

Finally into the 60's now on the Halfoween count. Sometimes it really seems hard to believe. And on Tuesday, we will usher in 250 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN. It's almost like the countdowns are starting to yield more and more milestones as we get closer and closer to Spring. Speaking of Spring, I'm going to take a trip to the Lowes Garden Center tomorrow and see if it opened up as scheduled. Even if it is not open yet, being out there seeing more and more spring stuff gets me excited. In a way, it is almost like "Christmas Hunting" at Hobby Lobby.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I hope you are all doing well this Saturday. It was awesome how Halloween fell on a Saturday last year. Made it special. Well it's always special. Have a great day!

Reactions: LadyLynn

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Alright, I'm going to share the inner workings of my brain with you this morning. I was thinking about Halloween music, and of course my thoughts turned to the soundtrack for "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Definitely not Guaraldi's best, but "Great Pumpkin Waltz" on its own IS one of the best songs he ever composed. Yet there's another stand-out song on that soundtrack: the flute version of "Linus and Lucy."

"Linus and Lucy" is typically associated with Christmas since it first appeared on the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and has become synonymous with the Peanuts characters over the decades. But for the Halloween special, Guaraldi was able to make this version stand out by simply adding a flute to the mix. Instead of immediately getting Christmas vibes when you hear it, those first few little notes when the flute kicks in somehow give the song a decidedly autumn-ish spin, almost like you can feel the cool breeze in the air. It's funny how that one small addition changes the song entirely.

I don't know how that thought wormed its way into my head on a Saturday morning, but there you go. Every time I hear the flute version of "Linus and Lucy" I get some strong Halloween feels.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! How long is it acceptable to keep your Halloween candy? I'm just wondering. I still have some. I don't feel bad about it till it tastes really stale. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 252
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 222
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 68

Good Morning! Wow, it's a chilly one out there at the moment. It got down to 12 degrees overnight, but fortunately now it is headed back up the other way, towards a high of near 40 today. Not bad. Pretty nice weather this week too, lots of days in the 40's and even one that will reach almost 60.

I've said for days now that it is my hope that the nice weather that we are seeing in our sights now is what leads us into Spring. Only time will tell as we get into March if that is the case. And speaking of Spring, I need to stoke the embers in my brain / heart and make a visit to the outside Garden Center at Lowes today, it was supposed to open to the public this weekend, but I'm curious if the snow that we got and the cold weather yesterday would have postponed that.

Have a great Sunday!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image