Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 247
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 217
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 63

Good Morning! TGIF! Every time we get to Friday, I always think of how great it was when we were in October. The October weekends were just the best. I kind of get that vibe today as well, because this is a special weekend, one in which we say goodbye to February.

Last year, when the Pandemic started in the USA in March, I felt like it was the longest March ever. Now that we are seeing steady declines in cases and hospitalizations, I wonder if March goes by at its normal, friendly pace. March is when I start really getting excited knowing that Christmas Hunting is just a matter of weeks away by that point. And last year, because of the closures everywhere, I lost over an entire month of Christmas Hunting. So I'm really excited to get back to a "normal" routine in that regard.

Happy TGIF guys, hope you have a great one!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm ready to start that Christmas hunting again!

Christmas Hunter 2021.png

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Can you believe that Halloween was almost 4 months ago? Geez. It does seem like a long time now as it has been a long holiday season and then winter season which is starting to wind down. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 246
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 216
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 62

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! I have to say, the off and on rain showers outside, and the cool weather, REALLY takes me back to October. If I look outside hard enough, I can almost SEE October!

Those October Weekends were just something else, weren't they? The whole month just seemed like it was in no hurry, especially the weekends. September had that, to a certain degree, but October was just a whole different ballgame. Lounging around, between football and scary movies!

Have a great Saturday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 245
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 215
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 61

Good Morning! Another wet day is in store here. Yesterday wasn't so bad, just a little bit of showers in the morning. But I think today is going to be pretty much rain all day and into the evening. I really hate rain, I don't know if I've ever told anyone that on here.

Last day of the month! I'm ready for March. I'm ready to put the winter doldrums behind me. We will see "Days to October 1st" get into the 100's in March. That's pretty amazing.

Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I know this sounds crazy, but once a countdown gets under 200...things start to happen. From days 199-100, you start to see signs of what you are waiting for...it won't be long!
It's true! It's why I mention so many times how reaching 250 is such a big deal. The count is truly different after hitting 250, the time just moves easier it seems, but I agree with you from 199 - 100. I agree 1000%!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Happy March. It's fun to be on "the other side" of the year now and The Bers. It always excites me. March reminds me of the opposite of September (which is right next to October!). Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 244
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 214
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 60
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 30

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 30
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 34

Happy Milestone Monday! You should all know what today is, but in case anyone has forgotten, today marks SIX MONTHS TO THE BERS!!!. I know this is a huge boost for me. It's just the 1st day of the month, and I already feel "different" now that the winter doldrums are gone, and we've got the first day of Spring firmly in our sights now.

And look at those counts. 30 weeks now until October. That's going to be in the 20's next week, it feels like we are racing towards Halfoween.

And now is fair game to begin thinking about Jack O Lantern Day #2. On the last Jack O Lantern Day, Snow ended up ruining my fire. Fortunately I have some split firewood now drying inside our tractor shed, so I will be ready. I'm also hoping that the Farmer's market will have my cherry cider, in January all they had was blueberry cider, which I do not care for. I will try and get this in advance, so no matter what the weather is doing, I will be ready to go HERE.

Have a great day, friends. Happy six months to the Bers. Happy 1st day of March!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I love all the Halloween counts these days. They give you a little smile of hope. It's great to be out of the doldrums of the year (Jan, Feb). Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
For today's Seasonal Candy of the Week, we're going to take on an Easter staple that's proven a bit divisive (at least in my family). This week's pick is the humble Peep.

1614691369311.png
While Peeps are most frequently seen during Easter season, these packs of marshmallow chicks have proven so popular that they've infested other holidays as well. You can find Peeps ghosts around Halloween, Peeps snowmen during the Christmas season, and shove a few pieces of candy corn on a Peeps' tail and you've got turkey Peeps for Thanksgiving!

Now for the actual debate: Are Peeps tasty? My kids absolutely love Peeps and their overly sugary marshmellow chewiness. I'm indifferent towards them. If you offered me one I probably wouldn't turn it down, but I could only eat one and wouldn't want any more. My wife, however, absolutely despises Peeps to the point where I wondered if she had some childhood Peeps-related trauma. She goes out of her way to avoid them and will gag if presented with one.

So what's your take on Peeps? Do you keep some on hand during Halloween, do you give them out to kids, or do you "hate them with a passion that burns like 1000 suns"? (My wife's words.)

Happy Tuesday once again, fellow spooks!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
For today's Seasonal Candy of the Week, we're going to take on an Easter staple that's proven a bit divisive (at least in my family). This week's pick is the humble Peep.

View attachment 80062
While Peeps are most frequently seen during Easter season, these packs of marshmallow chicks have proven so popular that they've infested other holidays as well. You can find Peeps ghosts around Halloween, Peeps snowmen during the Christmas season, and shove a few pieces of candy corn on a Peeps' tail and you've got turkey Peeps for Thanksgiving!

Now for the actual debate: Are Peeps tasty? My kids absolutely love Peeps and their overly sugary marshmellow chewiness. I'm indifferent towards them. If you offered me one I probably wouldn't turn it down, but I could only eat one and wouldn't want any more. My wife, however, absolutely despises Peeps to the point where I wondered if she had some childhood Peeps-related trauma. She goes out of her way to avoid them and will gag if presented with one.

So what's your take on Peeps? Do you keep some on hand during Halloween, do you give them out to kids, or do you "hate them with a passion that burns like 1000 suns"? (My wife's words.)

Love my Peeps! Yummy!
I have a box of them in the kitchen right now.

IMG_0469-800.jpg

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
My dad loves peeps. He does not care if they are fresh or hard and stale. Nothing like dipping a peep in a hot chocolate or coffee, especially when they are hard.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 243
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 213
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 59
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 29

Good Morning Halloween fans! Just like that, the count to "Halfoween" is now down into the 50's. Just unbelievable.

You know, yesterday, when the clouds finally burned off, the way the remaining clouds / haze were filtering the sun, it almost looked like an October / Fall day there for a minute. Especially with the grass still being brown-ish.

Have a great day!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

View attachment 80062

Peeps are one of those items I don't personally care for, but I'm really glad they exist. Love seeing them appear during Easter.

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
Not a big fan of the peep, but I do enjoy seeing them pop on the shelves in stores. I especially love the blue or purple ones - so pretty.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image