Halloween 2022 Countdown!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Well the Fall shopping trip today was not as productive as I had hoped. We were able to pick up a few things but Mendards was just starting to get their Halloween stuff out and Marshall's had very little to offer. Both were disappointing because the last few years they were early with getting stuff out and had quite a lot. Oh well, it was still a fun morning and we were all in the Fall mood!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Instead of the SyFy "duds," why not add some duds that are still possibly considered scary/Halloween movies, but just really bad ones? E.g. The Village, Blair Witch 2, Killer Clowns from Outer Space?

Eh, I'd rather watch Spider-Man or Independence Day over any of those, so I guess you have a point.
I know the Village does not have a huge following, but that is a movie I really like. The "monster" costume could have been much better, but I thought the overall concept and movie was pretty good.

On a side note, several cast members from the Killer Clowns from Outer Space movie are going to a lot of the ScareFest and HorrorCons this fall.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Morning Halloween Fans! I am really ready to go through all my Halloween shows and organize them for watching to begin. Maybe I will even start in August this year. Why not? Have a great day!
Watched a Halloween-type movie last night. It was really stupid and really funny. My kind of movie.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Oh no, she would tell me if she noticed. It's funny how surprised she is each year. In her defense, there is a sign up there year round so it would be easy to miss. If I'd take the sign down and put nothing in its place, then she would notice.

I love my simple life. Little things make me so happy.
That's where I am in life. Simple things for my simple mind.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Instead of the SyFy "duds," why not add some duds that are still possibly considered scary/Halloween movies, but just really bad ones? E.g. The Village, Blair Witch 2, Killer Clowns from Outer Space?

Eh, I'd rather watch Spider-Man or Independence Day over any of those, so I guess you have a point.
I really look forward to posting my list on here, I would love to get some input from some others, I'm sure there are some that I'm missing, and perhaps some folks would even like to take from my list. Should be finished in a few days, I've got about a dozen so far. I'm keeping them on a notepad for now, so that when I remember one, I can jot it down!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I know it is not just for fall and winter, but for me anything buffalo check just screams those two seasons.
This buffalo check was definitely fall... ceramic pumpkins, pumpkins for tiered trays/back of the metal pick up trucks, and a swag. They arrive tomorrow!!!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
This buffalo check was definitely fall... ceramic pumpkins, pumpkins for tiered trays/back of the metal pick up trucks, and a swag. They arrive tomorrow!!!
Please post once you get them together. I have a love-hate relationship with tiered trays, they look so cool, but I am always jostling mine or tipping them.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 20
DAYS TO THE BERS: 21
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 51
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 81

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Our eyes don't deceive us today, it is now only THREE (!!!) weeks until we are back in The Bers! And tomorrow is a big milestone in here, the 50 Days to October milestone. It feels like we are really moving now, despite our best attempts to take August nice and slow. Who am I kidding, I cut the brakes back on August 1st!

We went to Hobby Lobby last night to get a few things for my Dad's birthday. They finally have the Christmas trees all together now in the center isles, they previously had them sort of wherever they could fit them, but it's much more consolidated now. I've enjoyed looking at the Christmas stuff and the Fall stuff. My estimates say that Fall is at about 50% of the store space right now, and Christmas is rapidly gaining ground at probably 30 to 40%. There's 10% left that is just knickknacks and yarn and hobby stuff, that never gives up their space for seasonal.

Have a great day, friends! I'm hoping to think of some more movies today for my playlist, I've got enough already to cover the next couple of August weekends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 20
DAYS TO THE BERS: 21
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 51
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 81

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Our eyes don't deceive us today, it is now only THREE (!!!) weeks until we are back in The Bers! And tomorrow is a big milestone in here, the 50 Days to October milestone. It feels like we are really moving now, despite our best attempts to take August nice and slow. Who am I kidding, I cut the brakes back on August 1st!

We went to Hobby Lobby last night to get a few things for my Dad's birthday. They finally have the Christmas trees all together now in the center isles, they previously had them sort of wherever they could fit them, but it's much more consolidated now. I've enjoyed looking at the Christmas stuff and the Fall stuff. My estimates say that Fall is at about 50% of the store space right now, and Christmas is rapidly gaining ground at probably 30 to 40%. There's 10% left that is just knickknacks and yarn and hobby stuff, that never gives up their space for seasonal.

Have a great day, friends! I'm hoping to think of some more movies today for my playlist, I've got enough already to cover the next couple of August weekends!
I went to our HL last night also. I've never seen such a mess in any store like what I witnessed last night. Fall is sitting at about 70% complete right now and Christmas is maybe 5%. The trees are finally out and in place but that's about it. There are about 6-7 aisles that are 98% bare and boxes of merchandise sitting in the aisles and along the perimeter walls. Hundreds of boxes. It looks terrible. The only thing I can think of is that they are severely under-staffed. The whole place just looks a mess. I don't even want to go back until September now. And I've never felt that way before.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I went to our HL last night also. I've never seen such a mess in any store like what I witnessed last night. Fall is sitting at about 70% complete right now and Christmas is maybe 5%. The trees are finally out and in place but that's about it. There are about 6-7 aisles that are 98% bare and boxes of merchandise sitting in the aisles and along the perimeter walls. Hundreds of boxes. It looks terrible. The only thing I can think of is that they are severely under-staffed. The whole place just looks a mess. I don't even want to go back until September now. And I've never felt that way before.
I haven't been in a while. Last time I was pretty bummed out. I'll give it another shot this weekend.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all!

This morning is a little cooler so sitting on the porch is pretty nice.

I am hoping to go through some of our Halloween decorations this weekend. I am sure some lights will need replaced and such. Far too often I don't get to go through things before we put them up and then I am making last second runs to the store to pick stuff up while also trying to decorate. I would like to prevent that and get things checked ahead of time.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
In case you were wondering if it's too early to decorate for Halloween...it's not.

I saw these guys hanging out in my neighborhood today. I want to be friends with whoever lives here.

View attachment 96269
If I had more money than sense, I would have a full dozen of these in my yard.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Hello all!

This morning is a little cooler so sitting on the porch is pretty nice.

I am hoping to go through some of our Halloween decorations this weekend. I am sure some lights will need replaced and such. Far too often I don't get to go through things before we put them up and then I am making last second runs to the store to pick stuff up while also trying to decorate. I would like to prevent that and get things checked ahead of time.
That reminds me. I need to get over to At Home and pick up a new Halloween inflatable. I hope they have them all in stock. Right now all I have is a pumpkin.

IMG_2539.JPG

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
That reminds me. I need to get over to At Home and pick up a new Halloween inflatable. I hope they have them all in stock. Right now all I have is a pumpkin.

View attachment 96302
Our nearby At Home store had quite a bit of Halloween stuff out and a few inflatables. Off the top of my head I remember a dragon, a large ghost/phantom, a large spider, and a couple of others but I do not remember what they were.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 19
DAYS TO THE BERS: 20
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 50
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 80

MILESTONE DAY
50 days to October.png

Happy Milestone Friday, Folks! At long last, we've reached just 50 Days to October! What a way to lead us into the weekend! I'm excited because beginning tomorrow, I finally can start decorating outside for Fall, and gradually finish putting out the rest of the decorations inside. The thought crossed my mind that I am roughly 49 / 50 days away from having lights up outside. Halloween lights to start off October, that then transitions over to Christmas lights on November 1st. And the comfort of knowing that I will have the outside lit up for just about 4 months!

It's a beautiful day today, high of only 75 degrees. It's only 63 out there right now. It feels like late September or early October. What a way to have a milestone day! Have a great day, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Our nearby At Home store had quite a bit of Halloween stuff out and a few inflatables. Off the top of my head I remember a dragon, a large ghost/phantom, a large spider, and a couple of others but I do not remember what they were.
Hopefully, I'll have time this Sunday afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image