Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 26
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 27
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 56
DAYS TO THE BERS: 180
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 197
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 210
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 240

Good Morning Halloween Friends! A chilly but sunny 40 degrees this morning. Really feels like a late October morning.

On the heels of an outstanding "mini Thanksgiving" last night, I am pretty full of Holiday spirit this morning. Our next milestone will be in 6 days when we reach 50 DAYS TO HALFOWEEN.

Spooky Spring thoughts have filled my brain a lot over the past few days. One of the things I've been doing at night is thinking of movies I want to watch over Spooky Spring and making sure that I own them digitally. Most of them I have, a few I will need to buy, but that's part of the fun! March for me is just going to be kind of low-key Spooky Spring prep month.

Have a great Sunday folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Spooky Spring is definitely something everyone in this thread is looking forward to. I'm prepping for it also and excited for it when it gets here. Well hope you all are well. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 25
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 26
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 54
DAYS TO THE BERS: 179
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 196
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 209
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 239

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 30
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 34

Good Morning Halloween Friends! A new week is here and with it comes another milestone to chase. This week's milestone will be here on Friday, and we will reach 50 DAYS TO HALFOWEEN

That's going to be the big one this week, but we're also down in single digits now on our way to 200 DAYS TO OCTOBER, which will be here next Wednesday.

I have to mention this before I forget. We have 7 countdowns that we post every morning. 7 countdowns give you the feeling that things are well and far away, which is fine, we don't want it to go too fast. But over the next month and a half, we are going to lose two of them, the "Spooky Spring" countdown, and the "Halfoween" countdown. Part of the fun for me is starting every new thread "full" of countdowns, and watching them gradually disappear.

Have a great day, friends. I'll be back tomorrow with the weekly Halloween thought!

Last edited:

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
April 1st is Fred and George Weasley's birthday (from Harry Potter for the Muggles on here) so I am going to start my Spooky Spring with some Harry Potter.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Hope a spooky time is being had by you. My Halloween Thought this Tuesday is that Halloween might be easier than most holidays to "feel" it during different times of year. Throw on a Halloween show and have some candy. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 24
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 25
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 53
DAYS TO THE BERS: 178
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 195
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 208
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 238

Good Morning Halloween Friends! The big number we are watching this week continues to be the 50 DAYS TO HALFOWEEN milestone, that will arrive on Friday!

It seems like in this thread, the thoughts are on Spooky Spring. It will for sure be time soon. I'm getting really excited. This March so far seems like it's tearing by.

Folks, we have had Easter Candy in the stores now for several weeks. I remember first seeing it in early February and being very excited. My Tuesday Halloween thought today is about how I feel like Halloween Candy has the "best" decorations and designs on the bag / packages.

Christmas candy is beautiful with its red and green theme, but there's just something "different" about Halloween candy that stands out. Anything from your basic bag of potato chips, to something more elaborate like the fun size bags of candy. And I'm not just saying they make the packages black and orange, we see little designs of graveyards, spiders, ghosts, etc.. Reese's pumpkins and ghosts are my #1 favorite Halloween candy.

In closing, thinking back to the "Candy Cycle Chart", it means that right now once Easter candy finishes up over the next few weeks, there will not be any seasonal candy again until HALLOWEEN CANDY starts coming out in about 4 1/2 to 5 months. Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 24
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 25
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 53
DAYS TO THE BERS: 178
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 195
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 208
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 238

Good Morning Halloween Friends! The big number we are watching this week continues to be the 50 DAYS TO HALFOWEEN milestone, that will arrive on Friday!

It seems like in this thread, the thoughts are on Spooky Spring. It will for sure be time soon. I'm getting really excited. This March so far seems like it's tearing by.

Folks, we have had Easter Candy in the stores now for several weeks. I remember first seeing it in early February and being very excited. My Tuesday Halloween thought today is about how I feel like Halloween Candy has the "best" decorations and designs on the bag / packages.

Christmas candy is beautiful with its red and green theme, but there's just something "different" about Halloween candy that stands out. Anything from your basic bag of potato chips, to something more elaborate like the fun size bags of candy. And I'm not just saying they make the packages black and orange, we see little designs of graveyards, spiders, ghosts, etc.. Reese's pumpkins and ghosts are my #1 favorite Halloween candy.

In closing, thinking back to the "Candy Cycle Chart", it means that right now once Easter candy finishes up over the next few weeks, there will not be any seasonal candy again until HALLOWEEN CANDY starts coming out in about 4 1/2 to 5 months. Have a great day!
I still have my solid chocolate Santa from Christmas to eat. I better get to it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's another March day. Late winter hanging on here with a chilly feel out there. Not like an October day. Definitely chillier. Although we did have a cooler October last season. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 23
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 24
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 52
DAYS TO THE BERS: 177
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 194
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 207
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 237

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Wednesday to you. The last couple of nights here have felt like October, especially with the way the moon has been hanging low to the ground. Astronomically I don't know if something "special" is occurring, but it has made the night times here look and feel like October. Always makes me smile.

Today marks only ONE WEEK until we reach the 200 DAYS TO OCTOBER milestone!

How grand it will be to see an October count down finally in the 100's after that!

And don't forget that on Friday we will commemorate the fact that only 50 DAYS will stand between us and Spooky Spring! It's going to be a great day.

Have a great day friends, try and take just a couple of moments and think about Halloween thoughts today!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Wednesday Halloween Thought (I really need to start getting here on Tuesdays):

We were in Target on Monday looking at the Easter candy, and it suddenly hit me that after Easter, the next candy "season" will be Halloween. And that got me excited. So I started thinking about my "retail calendar" to the holidays. Here's what's ahead:

• Easter/Spring (now)
  • Mother's Day/Graduation/Father's Day
  • Summer/Outdoors (already started at some retailers)
  • Back to School
  • Fall/Halloween
One that I didn't throw in there was Independence Day, but other than Hobby Lobby and the other craft stores, most retailers tend to roll this in with their summer/outdoors stuff.

So there we have it. Four more retail "seasons" to go until Fall and Halloween make an appearance!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Someone brought in candy to work and it made me think of October and Halloween. Of course, it was just a regular bag but any kind of candy makes me think about Halloween. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 22
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 23
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 51
DAYS TO THE BERS: 176
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 193
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 206
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 236

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend now!

Folks - as you can see from our counts above, we are once again standing on the doorstep to a HUGE milestone, that milestone being the 50 DAYS TO HALFOWEEN milestone that is arriving TOMORROW! What a Friday it will be!

Spooky Spring is not far off either now - just a hair over THREE WEEKS away. I've said it before, but we should really enjoy the journey that Spooky Spring takes us on. We will see the halfway to Halloween point and when Spooky Spring ends, we are staring at Memorial Day weekend and "finally", THE ROAD that will take us down the final part of our journey back to The Bers will finally be open for business.

Have a thrilling Thursday! Try and think a few Halloween thoughts! Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I cut the grass after work today and the Fall vibes were strong. Do you know how the air smells when you mow in the spring? Totally different than when you mow in the Fall. Spring has a heavy grass smell and Fall has that chopped-up dead grass and leaves smell. Today was that fall smell. I still have lots of leaves on the ground. It brought back memories of late October.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image