Halloween Countdown and Gathering—2018

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Update: My favorite store that usually has the best sales (can't believe it took me 15 days to get there) but they have decorations 90% off! Candy is still only 50% though. Seems like they don't want to give away the chocolate.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Update: My favorite store that usually has the best sales (can't believe it took me 15 days to get there) but they have decorations 90% off! Candy is still only 50% though. Seems like they don't want to give away the chocolate.

90% off is amazing! I’ve only seen up to 70% off. As far as candy, the pickings were slim here.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
I miss it.
It's funny I am beyond excited to be here in the Christmas season but when I remember how quickly Halloween went by, part of me wants to back there again.

Same here. I haven't quite stopped thinking about it. And I still prefer to watch my DVR recordings from October over what's currently on TV.

I definitely feel October went faster than any month this year. I'm not sure why that happened but September didn't go nearly as fast as that.

I feel that way too. Looking back, August and September seemed like such a long stretch of time. Whereas October just flew by. I remember being here at the start of October and thinking how great it is that we are finally fully in the Halloween season and how it's only just begun. And to have gone from that to sitting here now and it being completely over, it's surreal almost.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I feel that way too. Looking back, August and September seemed like such a long stretch of time. Whereas October just flew by. I remember being here at the start of October and thinking how great it is that we are finally fully in the Halloween season and how it's only just begun. And to have gone from that to sitting here now and it being completely over, it's surreal almost.
Yeah it seems, to me, there's only 3 times of year that went not too fast. Mid-January to Mid-February, Mid July-Mid August and September.

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
I saw a big furry Halloween spider in a web on someones porch today, and also at another place saw a skeleton sitting outside on a porch. I am really happy to be in the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, in fact I have really been enjoying November since the weather got colder which just makes it feel like Christmas. I have to say though, that the Halloween decorations I saw today kinda made me yearn for the Fall again. I guess this time of year is always a transitional period. Halloween day already has 17 days behind it in line for next year though so there's a little early progress towards next year although I do want to savor these next 37 or so days.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I saw a big furry Halloween spider in a web on someones porch today, and also at another place saw a skeleton sitting outside on a porch. I am really happy to be in the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, in fact I have really been enjoying November since the weather got colder which just makes it feel like Christmas. I have to say though, that the Halloween decorations I saw today kinda made me yearn for the Fall again. I guess this time of year is always a transitional period. Halloween day already has 17 days behind it in line for next year though so there's a little early progress towards next year although I do want to savor these next 37 or so days.
They still have Halloween items out in the store here. This is why I love the Bers Jason (as I know you do) because from Sept through Dec you basically see Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff out the ENTIRE 4 months in some form or combination of those holidays.

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont
They still have Halloween items out in the store here. This is why I love the Bers Jason (as I know you do) because from Sept through Dec you basically see Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff out the ENTIRE 4 months in some form or combination of those holidays.
Absolutely! It really is 4 great months. I tried to rank the top 4 in order once, but I really can't. I guess it'll have to be a 4 way tie!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image